SASS Wire Forum

Ruger single actions From the grapevine

Texas Jack Black

Heard from a LONG time Ruger employee that Ruger has the two revolver production lines shut down . Do not expect any production till 2023.

Now this is from one individual who works there SO?? just a heads up. could be true who knows.

Best wishes

42 minutes ago, john brown said:

Heard from a LONG time Ruger employee that Ruger has the two revolver production lines shut down . Do not expect any production till 2023.

Now this is from one individual who works there SO?? just a heads up. could be true who knows.

Best wishes

Kind of fits with speculation about prospects for primers. A new gun needs appropriate ammo.

Single actions only? Any idea on DAs?

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Single actions only? Any idea on DAs?

Revolvers in general .They are not a money maker.

There are some,  read that a very few, in the pipeline.  A LGS just got a 44 mag SBH in this week.  Probably old stock from a distributor, but I can hope.

54 minutes ago, Toranado, SASS # 58447 said:

Well I just purchased two new model rugers, model 5109's from a gun store in MN that just received a set from Ruger,  serials 513-.

They may be doing some producing I think.

called old new stock clean out items

5 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Pairs of SASS Vaqueros are going for about $2,000 on Gunbroker.  Pretty steep!

You haven't checked in awhile. Plain ol' .45 & .357 Vaqueros are regularly topping $1000 apiece, and SASS cased sets are regularly over $3000. For things like .32-20/.32 H&R mag convertibles, .38-40/.40 S&W convertibles, .44 specials, and, to a lesser extent, .44-40's, the sky's the limit. I sold a pair of .44 spls about eight months ago that have easily appreciated another 50% in that time - Barleycorn sold a used pair on Gunbroker a month or two back for $3038, shipped.

Here's a set of .357 SASS Vaqueros that went for $3359, shipped, a month ago. Right now, $2000 would be a screaming deal.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/919748311

Seven months ago, they were a LOT less than right now, even if you had to put a couple hundred more into them to fix the "action jobs". Not that an action job is necessarily bad, but when I see that description in an ad, it just makes me cringe. Unless they can document the work being done by somebody "known" who knows what they're doing, I'm pretty much done reading right there.

For some reason, standard Vaqueros sell for considerably less than SASS Vaqueros, and what does a buyer get for that extra several hundred to a thousand dollars? A red plastic storage box, consecutive SASS prefix s/n's, a wider rear sight, lowered Montado hammer, and little SASS cowboy medallions in the grips.

The last .32-20/.32 H&R mag convertible I saw sell went for $1708, shipped, on Gunbroker about two weeks ago. The one before that, $1590, shipped.

I personally have about 16 old full size vaqueros (8 pairs in differing calibers)

I'm thinking it's time to begin clearing the herd.

I could use $16 - 20k more than I need gray boxes collecting dust in the safe.

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

You haven't checked in awhile. Plain ol' .45 & .357 Vaqueros are regularly topping $1000 apiece, and SASS cased sets are regularly over $3000. For things like .32-20/.32 H&R mag convertibles, .38-40/.40 S&W convertibles, .44 specials, and, to a lesser extent, .44-40's, the sky's the limit. I sold a pair of .44 spls about eight months ago that have easily appreciated another 50% in that time - Barleycorn sold a used pair on Gunbroker a month or two back for $3038, shipped.

Here's a set of .357 SASS Vaqueros that went for $3359, shipped, a month ago. Right now, $2000 would be a screaming deal.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/919748311

It’s truly insane. 

Ruger Blackhawks  seem to be going for less than $1000 at present.  Might be the way to go if one doesn't want to get an Italian clone and can't afford a Ruger Vaquero.  I don't think I ever thought a Ruger Vaquero would go for $1000+. The MSRPs on Ruger's web site are mind-boggling!

Nowadays, looking for used locally seems to be the way to go; GB is for sellers right now, not buyers.

2 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I personally have about 16 old full size vaqueros (8 pairs in differing calibers)

I'm thinking it's time to begin clearing the herd.

I could use $16 - 20k more than I need gray boxes collecting dust in the safe.

I keep telling folks now is the time to thin the herd. Some folks bought these when they were $500-600 each. 
Two years ago I couldn’t offer $1200 for a pair of 45’s because no one wanted them.

I think this is another unfounded rumor.  I was just at a local gun store and they had Ruger Vaqueros in stock.  This is a huge store that turns over inventory rapidly so any BS about it must have been sitting forgotten on some distriubutor's shelf is baloney.  Didn't have my glasses on so did not notice the price was out of focus until I got home and uploaded it.  FYI  $765.00.  About two months ago the local Sportsman's Warehouse had six of them for the same price.

IMG_2170.thumb.jpeg.134f79548aa2e6749772ccb472285ab6.jpeg

Archived