SASS Wire Forum

Some At Home Covid Tests Auto-report Results to the Government

Popcorn Kelly

Warning about some home Covid Tests - read the privacy policy. A clue - you have to download a phone app or register online to get the results.
I purchased a few Ellume Covid-19 Home Test kits earlier today and was surprised to learn I had to download a phone app to get the results (they'd send it to me.) This made no sense. I read the box, but did not find a satisfactory answer. I then logged onto their website and read their Privacy Policy. It read, in part as follows (verbatum):
(Public Health Authority Required Information. Due to the need to respond to the COVID-19 public health emergency, we are required to collect and share certain information about you with Public Health Authorities. We will collect and share the following information solely with public health authorities in compliance with applicable law:
Test result
Test result date
Residential Zip Code
State of Residence
In addition to the data above, we may ask you to provide your:
Full Name
Phone Number
Email Address
Race
Ethnicity . . ."
Here is a link to their entire privacy policy: https://www.ellumecovidtest.com/privacy 

I returned the test kits unopened and unused. To each their own, but if you purchase an at home test and have to download an app or register with your email, just know you won't be the only one who knows your results - your friendly government will as well.

Seems like HIPAA and parts of the Constitution go right out the window with some folks. 

If you need a highly regarded test that works just like what @sassnetguy50mentioned try the BinaxNow test. No electronics involved. 

Son works at an urgent care facility and a high percentage of their traffic is people coming in to repeatedly get tested for Covid even though they don't have symptoms. Another group have user the home test but want tested at the clinic to confirm.  

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Seems like HIPAA and parts of the Constitution go right out the window with some folks.

Hmm. I thought we were building back better? :blink:

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Better  for  Whom

yes, ran into BD Veritor brand that was asking to download the app to take a pic of the test and provide results... instead I looked in Amazon reviews and sure thing - someone posted the pic of the positive and negative results on the review... it got deleted next day but I was able to interpret it without the app :)

18 minutes ago, Seven said:

Better  for  Whom

Illegal aliens, squatters, etc…

Why is everyone getting tested? I don’t get it! If you’re sick stay home if you don’t get better in a few days call your doctor!

5 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Son works at an urgent care facility and a high percentage of their traffic is people coming in to repeatedly get tested for Covid even though they don't have symptoms. Another group have user the home test but want tested at the clinic to confirm.  

I don't have any symptoms, but, because I was in close contact with someone that has COVID  I have to quarantine until Wednesday then take a test to show I'm negative for the virus until I can go back to work.  What really chaps my behind is that I am being forced to quarantine and have to use up my vacation time until I'm okayed to go back to work.  Force me to stay home from work and quarantine?  Sure, ok.  Force me to use my vacation time for the time off?  What utter BS.

Even better, The earliest I can get scheduled for a test is Sunday afternoon and I won't get results back until Monday afternoon.  Six days of vacation time I had no intention of using at this time.  Oh, I did mention I'm not sick and not showing any symptoms, didn't I?  Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Angryus

Between drones, GPS, satellite radio, cell phones, smart TVs, social media and warrantless bugging, I'm really not too worried about some Fed finding out my Covid 19 test results.....

LL

PS

My Covid test came back negative.....take THAT, government medical spies!!!  ;)

LL

One if my coworkers got a text from the county Health Department when I tested positive to inform him that his phone had been in close proximity to the phone of someone who tested positive.

One of the questioners the Department of Health sent to me had questions about addresses I hadn't been at for 12 years and 8 years.  Including a question about my ex-wife's address.  

8 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

A lot of companies require employees to get tested weekly if they haven't had all their shots.  My place of employment was going to require that unvaccinated employees be tested weekly. Seems that got put on hold when they discovered that the testing sites would not support weekly testing of individuals with no symptoms.  

9 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

That would be their pocket books.

8 hours ago, Seven said:

Better  for  Whom

Corrupt politicians on both sides. 

Archived