Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subdeacon Joe

Whittlin', Expert Level

Recommended Posts

I could do that.  Just hand it to me and I can hold it just like he does.

 

One fine sculptor.  My creative ability with whittling is to make fine pieces of wood for starting fires.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm like 40 Rod.  All my whittlin' turns into kindlin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standing on that fella's head ain't workin'.  He seems to have escaped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What talent! Beautiful work.

 

I have mastered making sharp pointy sticks. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What talent! Beautiful work.

 

I have mastered making sharp pointy sticks:D

I have graduated to sharpening pencils.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I have graduated to sharpening pencils.

I always break the lead off....:blink: :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe,
That is fantastic work. Absolutely to be admired.

 

The best I can do is make something like this; 

E893CEF4-5A49-49C1-A46D-AF8AE47EA48A.thumb.jpeg.e478fe88458d6a8c55352dfa6cfc5678.jpeg

Look like this:

69F9627A-4CEE-49C9-B93D-B43F7D6183C0.thumb.jpeg.3b71fb1e387c600cfbc5155cbdf54a6d.jpeg


However, I enjoy the simple things in life so I am happy to make a few people smile. I gave the Santa ornaments to family last Christmas. 
 

As Pat Riot quotes, “A man’s got to know his limitations.” Further, “Don’t worry, be happy.”

 

CJ

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too often in society we judge a person's talent or intelligence by their ability to balance budgets or make discoveries in the lab. They often forget that the ability to do things with your hands is just as much a sign of intelligence as having a college degree. Unfortunately the people who can make or repair things have to be content with making meager salaries while those who have a diploma on the wall get the big bucks... even if they're not smart enough to figure out why their lawnmower won't start.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable.   Fantastic.   Extraordinary. 

 

Such a gift should bring him a lot of notoriety.

 

Heck, I have trouble whittling a tooth pick.

 

..........Widder

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Unbelievable.   Fantastic.   Extraordinary. 

 

Such a gift should bring him a lot of notoriety.

 

Heck, I have trouble whittling a tooth pick.

 

..........Widder

 

Start with a bigger piece of wood!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of whittlin', I thought this was beyond impressive!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Too often in society we judge a person's talent or intelligence by their ability to balance budgets or make discoveries in the lab. They often forget that the ability to do things with your hands is just as much a sign of intelligence as having a college degree. Unfortunately the people who can make or repair things have to be content with making meager salaries while those who have a diploma on the wall get the big bucks... even if they're not smart enough to figure out why their lawnmower won't start.

 

You should look into what a plumber, Electrician or HVAC Tech makes per hour.  Dang few college grads come close. And they don't have 6 figure student loans.

 

I have come to the realization that the reason college has been pushed so much in the last few years as it has become the mostly fool proof and exceptionally stealthy method for over throwing our democratic republic and replacing it with a malevolent government that will attempt to control every part of its subjects lives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

You should look into what a plumber, Electrician or HVAC Tech makes per hour.  Dang few college grads come close. And they don't have 6 figure student loans.

 

We all know how much they charge an hour, but do they really take that much home with them? I don't see many plumbers living in upscale neighborhoods and driving a Lexus. Heck, they can't even afford a belt for their pants! :wacko:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

 

We all know how much they charge an hour, but do they really take that much home with them? I don't see many plumbers living in upscale neighborhoods and driving a Lexus. Heck, they can't even afford a belt for their pants! :wacko:

 

As for the cars and houses they are down to earth folks and live their lives accordingly saving their money for retirement. Unfortunately this frugalness gets carried a bit to far and we have to suffer their wardrobe choices. :P :D

 

 

 

 

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

 

We all know how much they charge an hour, but do they really take that much home with them? I don't see many plumbers living in upscale neighborhoods and driving a Lexus. Heck, they can't even afford a belt for their pants! :wacko:

 

Yeah,  but a lot of 'em have nice boats, travel trailers, dirt bikes, and other nifty toys.  Maybe even a fancy cabin in the woods or by a lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.