SASS Wire Forum

Beautiful Horse

Sawhorse Kid

Forty said it right!
That horse doesn't pace ... that horse glides!

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Nice. But can he cut? ;)

Let a calf loose in that pen and let's see what happens.;)

You stand at one end and let the horse and calf loose at the other, and I bet you a dollar that horse will herd the calf right up to you.   :)

Cat Brules

39 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

You stand at one end and let the horse and calf loose at the other, and I bet you a dollar that horse will herd the calf right up to you.   :)

Cat Brules

Not every horse has "cow sense." I've been around some that were scared of cattle. In fact, I was waiting for a lesson one day, and lunging the horse I was to ride in an outdoor pen when a steer across the road and about 200 yards off mooed. Simple minded horse dragged me across the ring until he got into the corner. I'm still convinced he was sure that bovine was going to eat him.

I admire the talent, incredibly work and athleticism that goes into dressage, and my hat is off to those who show it. Still, I would rather watch a good cutting horse in action. Of course, it might say something  that I've only watched a couple of horses do dressage, but Mrs. Doc and I did a "pilgrimage" to the King Ranch when I was at Ft. Sam Houston to see the ranch and horses like Peppy San Badger.

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

Not every horse has "cow sense." I've been around some that were scared of cattle. In fact, I was waiting for a lesson one day, and lunging the horse I was to ride in an outdoor pen when a steer across the road and about 200 yards off mooed. Simple minded horse dragged me across the ring until he got into the corner. I'm still convinced he was sure that bovine was going to eat him.

I admire the talent, incredibly work and athleticism that goes into dressage, and my hat is off to those who show it. Still, I would rather watch a good cutting horse in action. Of course, it might say something  that I've only watched a couple of horses do dressage, but Mrs. Doc and I did a "pilgrimage" to the King Ranch when I was at Ft. Sam Houston to see the ranch and horses like Peppy San Badger.

Riding this thing out in the back country one day a bakers dozen of wild hogs broke out of the woods and went thundering across the trail that we were on about ten feet in front of us. Startled the hell outta me but ole Stoney just watched em with out batting an eye.

But let a quail flutter out of the underbrush and we’d be off to the races. :rolleyes:

59D3D2AD-1834-49AC-928C-2A8506002030.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Riding this thing out in the back country one day a bakers dozen of wild hogs broke out of the woods and went thundering across the trail that we were on about ten feet in front of us. Startled the hell outta me but ole Stoney just watched em with out batting an eye.

But let a quail flutter out of the underbrush and we’d be off to the races. :rolleyes:

I've seen a couple of horses that I'm convinced would purposely go closer to something, be it a piece of paper, plastic bag, or whatever, despite the efforts of the rider, just so it could spook.

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

On both of their parts.

Mrs. Doc rides competitively, and the amount of work she puts in amazes me, and that is a whole different level.

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I now know that some  horses are very intelligent, have poise, pride, and a love for being the best.  He sure seems happy to make his lady look good.

but she's riding astride.  You know what kind of "lady" does that.

Beautiful horse.

Damn goofy hat.

:o

1 hour ago, Noz said:

but she's riding astride.  You know what kind of "lady" does that.

I'll let you come over and explain that to Mrs. Doc, and sit back and enjoy the show...;)

26 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I'll let you come over and explain that to Mrs. Doc, and sit back and enjoy the show...;)

Or any of the lady mounted shooters! ;)

Archived