• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

19 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A bit of gallows humor?  

Pretty much. There’s nothing anyone can do about it now, besides recover. And I’m pretty sure our government is going to be more concerned about taking care of illegal aliens and Ukrainian citizens before Hawaiian citizens, sadly. Not sure if Hawaiian forest mangers have the same philosophy as the ones in Ca, but if they do they might want to re think that. 
Like I said at this point you can laugh at it or cry about it. Shitty things happen in life to just about everyone, no sense making the recovery process more difficult for yourself than it has to be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Pretty much. There’s nothing anyone can do about it now, besides recover. And I’m pretty sure our government is going to be more concerned about taking care of illegal aliens and Ukrainian citizens before Hawaiian citizens, sadly. Not sure if Hawaiian forest mangers have the same philosophy as the ones in Ca, but if they do they might want to re think that. 
Like I said at this point you can laugh at it or cry about it. Shitty things happen in life to just about everyone, no sense making the recovery process more difficult for yourself than it has to be. 

Yep.  Just like here in N. California the past few years.

Victims who qualify in HI will be able to get a $500,000 low interest loan to rebuild. If we can afford billions of dollars to every other country for disaster relief, with no repayment, we should do the same for our own citizens.  A grant with no repayment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Yep.  Just like here in N. California the past few years.

Victims who qualify in HI will be able to get a $500,000 low interest loan to rebuild. If we can afford billions of dollars to every other country for disaster relief, with no repayment, we should do the same for our own citizens.  A grant with no repayment.

Especially since many US citizens have been paying into that system their entire lives. Unlike the foreign countries receiving the money. Somehow I suspect it’s easier for our politicians to receive kickbacks when the money goes overseas. I think right now the people in Hawaii, Lebanon OH and many other places should be getting $$ before any goes to Ukraine/foreign aid or illegal aliens. It’s definitely a screwed up situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

"No comment"

25 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

OK, maybe I'm going to Hell, but I laughed.  (But I included a "Ooooooooo, too soon?")

I've laughed at worse.  Same as most other LEO's or (ex)military.

Angus

Yes, I got it too. But certain jokes may never be not too soon.

For instance, did you know the Challenger astronauts (1986) all had blue eyes? Some blue (blew) over here, some blue (blew) over there...

Anyway, this pizza post just made my heart go out to all those affected by this disaster, and for that, it is not all bad.

I got off my mountain just ahead of the flames from a fire, I went up to get my lady. I was just ahead of the first responders and I gassed my truck rather than pull over and let them by. Yes, I failed to yield to emergency vehicles. My lady was at the top and I was going up to get her. We grabbed the RV, the kitty, and little else. I never even went back in the house; too busy hitching up. These people (see video) also made it off their mountain, about the same feeling at the beginning for me. Run!. But many did not get out. It just happened too fast (NSFW):

Let your heart go out to those affected, and let the joke slide.

Edited by John Kloehr
Add NSFW tag
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

Same as most other LEO's or (ex)military.

Angus

Talk to some nurses, my wife has been one for 30 years now. Some of the things she and her friends joke about just hurt to think about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Talk to some nurses, my wife has been one for 30 years now. Some of the things she and her friends joke about just hurt to think about. 

Yeah, I forgot about nurses.  Probably most in the medical field as well.  Want to talk sex stuff or gross stuff?  Talk to a nurse.  Wow!  Just, Wow!  I got into a conversation with a group of nurses some years back and when it meandered into the topics of sex and gross stuff they about crossed my eyes and I'm sure I must have blushed.  I was also glad I had an empty stomach.

Angus

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

OK, maybe I'm going to Hell, but I laughed.  (But I included a "Ooooooooo, too soon?")

I've laughed at worse.  Same as most other LEO's or (ex)military.

Angus

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

40 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

the dark humor , is some days the only way to shake stuff off 

add tow truck drivers , 

some of us die , everyday , trying to help others 

CB 

Most know I was a medic in a combat arms unit for many years. What got my attention was when I worked with social workers at our county children services. Dark humor that was indeed disturbing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

My son was an EMT for several years. The jokes were a coping mechanism. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3