SASS Wire Forum

How can you shoot this?

Shooting Bull

So how many MDs will be incorporating this scenario at their next match?!!!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

I'll see if I can get a consensus from the ROC...at this point, my personal opinion would be just that; not representing the ROC.

Given the local/regional variations of any "stage convention" for such a scenario, I'm thinking that a specifically written stage instruction re engagement options would be advised.

The general consensus opinion of the ROC members who responded to the inquiry sent out for a ruling on the OP is to:

Leave it up to individual clubs to handle definitions of sweeps & target engagements on the local level by their own "conventions"; with a recommendation to cover any questions regarding possible variations within the written stage instructions or during posse walk-throughs to ensure consistency.

1 hour ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

It's far too silly.

What's too silly??

Folks, forget about the stage writing. We're are smart enough to know that this specific issue could have been avoided with some clarity on the stage writing.

The question has to do with how one defines a multi tap.

To the best of knowledge there are two definitions. Would be nice to come to a consensus on what the definition should be. I for one will live with whichever one is chosen.

Phantom

3 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

The general consensus opinion of the ROC members who responded to the inquiry sent out for a ruling on the OP is to:

Leave it up to individual clubs to handle definitions of sweeps & target engagements on the local level by their own "conventions"; with a recommendation to cover any questions regarding possible variations within the written stage instructions or during posse walk-throughs to ensure consistency.

i have followed this from the start, and the only thing I can say is "amen!"

'Tis actually a Supreme Court type of non-decision, in which no one is "right" or "wrong"...    Thanks for asking PWB.

6 hours ago, Griff said:

'Tis actually a Supreme Court type of non-decision, in which no one is "right" or "wrong"...    Thanks for asking PWB.

Of course no one was right or wrong. It's a question of definition. 

Arguments that focuses on interpreting subtle sentence structure elements of a stage makes mockery of our game.

Phantom

9 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Told yall I was right:ph34r:

Dangit! I knew I should have checked this thread one more time before going to bed. You beat me by THAT much. :lol:

Now to make PWBs prediction come true and carry on for two or three more pages. :lol:

So...peanut butter and jelly sammiches. My wife made me 3 of them the other day. I had to throw one of them away cause she didn't put the jelly on top. Everybody knows the jelly goes on top of a pb and j sammich to get the right consistency.

14 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

So...peanut butter and jelly sammiches. My wife made me 3 of them the other day. I had to throw one of them away cause she didn't put the jelly on top. Everybody knows the jelly goes on top of a pb and j sammich to get the right consistency.

Uggggg. Just when I think you couldn’t be any more wrong. You buy them pre-mixed. THAT is consistency.

2A94C4BD-815A-4FCF-8A69-3E98C63E7B91.jpeg

On 9/20/2018 at 7:55 AM, Griff said:

I not sure, but didn't the stage call for triple taps before the single round?   :P

Nope.  It was “Triple tap targets in any order, put tenth shot on center target.”   But I think shooting bull later admitted he might have omitted connecting words.  In the stage I shot, i think it was almost the same but said "with the 10th shot shoot the center target"  At least that's what I recall.  I could probably find the description but I'm way too lazy. 

Archived