SASS Wire Forum

This here Saloon is meant for drinkin'!

Tyrel Cody

whut's a matter Tyrel....too gud ta drink wit my horse??   she's jus thirsty.....and no one is bringin' her in...she's smart enuff ta git tha batwings open all on her own....yu dunt want her in here, yu'z gonna hafta put in a real door, she taint real gud with knobs....:P

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's her poop-bag?!

47 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Just don't yell Tyrel....just don't yell! ;)

My concern is how do we get rid of all the flies Kit brought in...

Flyswat for the flies, and we'll just tar & feather Kit so he don't come back.

taint no flies on Sundance, she didn't bring em in here!!!   give her a break fellas....taint like she kin fit in tha outhouse ya noz.....:huh:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Just don't yell Tyrel....just don't yell! ;)

My concern is how do we get rid of all the flies Kit brought in...

Pat:

Got you covered there Pard. ;)

781427517_Frogeatingfly.gif.d1b1edd53e47e56975e44eeea5828d6a.gif

If they didn't come in on Sundance, it must have been Okie.

After all, Mary said "a strange aroma comes drifting up."

NO, it was most definitely NOT Okie, and I highly suggest that I never see another comment like that about Okie again from anyone that is NOT a Saloonatic OR one of his friends....

2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Ok, it's pick on Okie time! Yeee Hawww!

That sounds like a song... kind of like "Livin' on Tulsa Time" only it's "Pickin' on Okie Time" ...Heh-heh

I'd sing it for ya but I can't sing in 2 dimensions...maybe if I had me some tea?...Nah...

Has anyone else ever had Bommerlunder. When I was in Germany in the 80s I used to hang out at the local gaushaus ( spelling). I would have all three meals there on Saturday and hang out with a couple German army friends. Don’t know how I didn’t gain 200 pounds. We would eat til full and then have a round of ice cold Bommerlunder. Within minutes the full feeling would disappear and we could eat more. Of course drink more as well. Then another round and repeat. I would spend 10 hours or more doing this while also having beers and glasses of water that they insisted I do. Never had a hangover.

Then years later I worked with a guy who’s was married to a Berliner. We had dinner one night. Started with some cognac and coffee , then beers, then jagersnitzel with the works. He pulled out a bottle of Bommerlunder. We took a shot. Ready to eat again. Not me. I decided I missed the taste.  So I had five more shots. Alone (Later he told me how hard he and his wife laughed.) finally satisfied. I decided to move to the living room .. I stood up...............woke up on the couch the next day with the worst headache.  Evidently I narrowly missed hitting me head on the stove

No Bommerlunder for me. I’ll take an unsweetened tea please

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

please dunt sing.....puleeze???  ifn' anywun needs ta sing, have Blackwater do it.....

I will have you know I am an excellent singer...I just can’t do it here. Might scare the horses...:D

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I will have you know I am an excellent singer...I just can’t do it here. Might scare the horses...:D

Iff'n you go scaring Sundance, Calico Mary just might open up a can of wupa$$ and use it on you.  :P

Man, it’s gettin’ deep in here...:P

I think I’ll head over to the livery, rent me a buggy and find me a pretty girl to take on a picnic...

50 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Does not sound like a vision quest.

Where do you think I got the idea? ;)

I tried to get Okie to come back....bunch of other people too.....sigh....they all came over, took a look around....saw how pathetic this place has become thanks to just a few folks running it inta the ground....and pretty much all of them have said why bother......can't blame em, but I did have such high hopes that the place could be saved.....but I'm starting to agree with them folks that there might not be any point in tryin'.....:(:(

Don't give up, Kiddo!!  I brang a barrel of Copperhead juice!!  That'll make most anything better!!  'Sides!  You'll be havin' drinks in the reality version of the Saloon in a couple of weeks!!

So @Calico Mary, @Blackwater 53393, other Saloonatics that still post here; what needs to happen here to make it more like the old ACS?

How can we bring folks back?

What topics did y'all discuss then that we don't now?

Having come a little late to the party(2012ish), I'm not sure what has changed.

I have an answer for you Tyrel, but I'm at work and what's left of my lunch break just isn't long enough....have to wait til I get home....;)

Well, years ago there was lots of stories (our Irish Cattle Company comes to mind), posts about guns, shooting, camping, general fun stuff, how to's on different things and often just plain general mayhem and lots of jocularity...

Many of the old guard are gone and things have changed. Some things have changed for the better - not as many buttheads wanting to spin trouble.

Some things have changed not necessarily for the worse but there have been changes and those changes are different.

One of the things that we have now are people that post prolifically. Often I see a post I have responded to on page 2 in no time flat because of prolific posters....hell, I am a prolific poster too.

This is definitely not the Saloon I remember. It ain't bad...just real different.

Worzst hangover was when I woke up in a closet at someone's house I did not know, 70 miles from where I started drinking.  No van, no phone, used landline to call a friend who had to look up where I was at (I looked at the address on some mail).  Took two days to track down the van....

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, years ago there was lots of stories (our Irish Cattle Company comes to mind), posts about guns, shooting, camping, general fun stuff, how to's on different things and often just plain general mayhem and lots of jocularity...

Many of the old guard are gone and things have changed. Some things have changed for the better - not as many buttheads wanting to spin trouble.

Some things have changed not necessarily for the worse but there have been changes and those changes are different.

One of the things that we have now are people that post prolifically. Often I see a post I have responded to on page 2 in no time flat because of prolific posters....hell, I am a prolific poster too.

This is definitely not the Saloon I remember. It ain't bad...just real different.

Pat,

Why yous always runnin' out the b a c k door when some gal named Olga comes in the front?  I heard she was from the You Crane......

1 hour ago, W. D. Pickett said:

Pat,

Why yous always runnin' out the b a c k door when some gal named Olga comes in the front?  I heard she was from the You Crane......

Nope, the wasn’t me. Musta been after I left for those 10 years.

I have never run from a woman...or any man, for that matter...unless of course you count the time I found myself in a gay bar in Chicago back in 1980... :lol:

Well @Tyrel Cody…..when I first came on the Saloon, after having “lurked” for several years, it was an entirely different atmosphere.  Back then it was like you were hanging out with your friends at the range before the shoot, or afterwards at lunch, or sitting around the campground at an annual.  It didn’t matter what we talked about…we laughed together, cried together, shared our lives with each other, swapped tall tales, commented on news stories, and in general just had a great time actually communicating with each other.  Just one big family….having fun on the range without the actual range….Then came 5 years of sheer hell….no explanation needed there….just thank God and Misty it’s over….

Now for the present….I understand why people aren’t interested anymore.  Gone is the actual interacting with each other, the feeling of family, the ‘range away from the range’ feeling, the CARING about each other.  That’s been shoved aside by just a couple of people that want everything to be just about THEM, no one else matters.  Forget anyone else trying to get any conversations going…only to have their threads just shoved down and away as fast as possible….all the attention is supposed to be reserved for the spammers, ta hell with anyone else….and so much for conversations period, it’s all just the same kind of ridiculous BS you can find on Facebook and YouTube and a thousand other websites.  And there is NO legitimate excuse for anyone to start half a dozen new threads a day…every day…that’s just narcissism at work.  The Saloon WAS unique….now it’s just another stupid website full of pointless garbage and a few out of control egos.  Why should anyone want to bother….too many other places and things to do…without the camaraderie this place ain’t nothing special. 

How do we save it?  First off, it’s a lost cause as long as the spamming is allowed to continue.  For those wanting to brush it off and say it doesn’t matter and it’s not that big of a problem…well, when it’s driving other folks away DAMN RIGHT it’s a problem, a BIG one, and not something any of us should be putting up with!  Ain’t no reason for spamming…if someone just has to drag all that FB/YouTube/stupid meme/boring video garbage here, they can start ONE thread and just keep adding to it, show a little frigging RESPECT for everyone else!  But until and unless the rest of us start insisting on that, this place doesn’t stand a chance.  It needs to come to a complete halt and STAY halted….for good.  Period, end of story.  Without that, we’re doomed…even the people that don’t mind the spam really need to open their eyes and THINK about it…those folks objecting aren’t just objecting because they have “attitudes”, it’s the spammers that have the bad attitudes and no manners whatsoever and are basically flipping the rest of us off, the ones objecting have a completely legitimate complaint.  We ALL need to stop tolerating it, not for just a day or a few days or a week, but permanently.  Spamming is just flat out RUDE, and we all need to quit worrying about anything but what’s best for THE SALOON.  Then and only then can we go back to the way it should be….the range away from the range where we can spend time with our SASS family….go back to the zany, crazy, fun threads we used to have….subject matter and content doesn’t matter as much as the CARING and giving a damn about each other does.  That’s what made this place special….and that’s the only thing that’s ever gonna bring folks back in…or we can just let the egos have it and let it die out…and it WILL die out if things continue as is….and unfortunately, even though FB has a great alternative to the Wire called SASS Guns and Ammo, I don’t know of anything comparable to the Saloon….except the Drivel Gang’s private forum, and as far as I’m concerned that needs to stay as it always has been, by invitation only.  If you know of anything else, on FB or elsewhere, I’d sure like to know about it….

Best drink up, looks like a storm is brewing.

Bottles a cold butter milk sir. I think I just sit over in the corner.

@Calico Mary

Wow, thank you. I agree the spam needs to stop. It's kind of silly to have hundreds of threads with less than 10 replies.

As to the other forum, I can guarantee that will forever be invitation only.

For what it's worth some us newer members that missed the fun days do care.

Spam? Spam? Did I miss something.?

Archived