SASS Wire Forum

This here Saloon is meant for drinkin'!

Tyrel Cody

NOW YOU ALL KNOW THAT THE BEST WAY TO AVOID A HANGOVER IS TO NOT STOP DRINKIN'!!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s Tequila Tuesday! 

I can never remember to try it, but I've always been told that drinking a full glass of water before going to bed will prevent a hangover;  best thing is don't stop drinking.

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

I can never remember to try it, but I've always been told that drinking a full glass of water before going to bed will prevent a hangover;  best thing is don't stop drinking.

Nope. Heard that. Never worked for me.

Looking around the Saloon Pat realized that everyone has lost their bloomin' minds and wondered "What the heck IS in the coffee?"...

"Would somebody get that horse outta here?"

43 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah. I did that when I was young.

But

I learned. Stick with one whiskey without sugary mixers to avoid the next day aftermath. Haven’t had a hangover in years.

Aftermath. Good word.

My wife bought me the Black Rifle Coffee for my birthday.  It's delicious.  But, I like to enjoy my beers on the weekend, and my scotch, gingerly.

Guest Grass Range #51406

I thought by the title to this post we were talking about saloons not drinks. We had one saloon in Montana that had no stools or chairs as they would all get broken during the nightly fighting. Standing at the bar is better anyway and one foot on the rail.

The nearest to an old west Saloon I've been to was the Buckhorn Saloon in Pinos Altos, NM:  Two huge fireplaces at both ends, and a painting above the bar of a reclining maiden.  Good steaks, too.

Worse I had it was my first mess dinner as a junior officer.

Haggis was piped in, I was called on to make the toast , then things get a little hazy.

I do recall worshipping The Great White Goddess.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Looking around the Saloon Pat realized that everyone has lost their bloomin' minds and wondered "What the heck IS in the coffee?"...

"Would somebody get that horse outta here?"

ya mite wanna quit yellin' at Sundance....when she gits upset she....well....she....aww, yu noz.....all over tha floor.....:blink:  unless yu really wanna clean it up.....

3 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

ya mite wanna quit yellin' at Sundance....when she gits upset she....well....she....aww, yu noz.....all over tha floor.....:blink:  unless yu really wanna clean it up.....

And the tables, and the walls, and the...

well now we know what happened to the coffee :wacko:

28 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

I think Sundance did that before I was yellin' :blink:

59 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

And the tables, and the walls, and the...

well now we know what happened to the coffee :wacko:

I’m not above shooting a man over ruining coffee... A horse might want to consider 

I’m with Pat on this one!! I’ll have the iced tea!  Alcohol is a personality enhancer and I’m an @$$#0£€!! :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

but do ya really want her doin' it AGIN???

Oh No...That's why I have been quietly sitting here just sipping my tea. :D

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m with Pat on this one!! I’ll have the iced tea!  Alcohol is a personality enhancer and I’m an @$$#0£€!! :rolleyes:

A friend gave me a hat...It said "Instant @$$#0£€, Just Add Alcohol". I think he bought it for me so we could have matching hats....Ahem.

7 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

My wife bought me the Black Rifle Coffee for my birthday.  It's delicious.  But, I like to enjoy my beers on the weekend, and my scotch, gingerly.

My go to coffee. Some should arrive tomorrow. :wub:

Slim’s been buffaloed.

Is that because he spilt a bottle of rot-gut all over his shirt?

Archived