SASS Wire Forum

This here Saloon is meant for drinkin'!

Tyrel Cody

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I don’t like Spam. I loved it when Monty Python made their Spam videos...

See what I did there?...huh? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, eh?

6 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Fried Spam, Hot Biscuits, and Gravy. YUM YUM. :)

I'll take some of that biscuits and gravy puleeze....:wub:

23 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

what, you don't deliver??

Not today. It seems that before Pat Riot left for his quest he filled the water trough with beer and all of the horses are in the barn sleeping it off. :D

SORRY!!  Take out only on weekends!!

13 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Spam? Spam? Did I miss something.?

Surely you haven’t missed the plethora of image/cartoon threads that get started here every day; aka spam. 

Darn...all that beer...I hope the horses liked it. :D

Luckily none of the Spam is fried. That is one quick way for me to get a headache. That and/or fried bolonie or cheap ham. Must be this new thing called “nitrates”...also found in cheap wine...I think I am onto something here. Cheap = Headaches! 

Cheap Spam / Free Spam / Fried Spam Headaches.

Sounds like a bad Dr. Seuss book...

I LOVE fried Spam!!  Slice it kinda' thin and crisp it up real quick so's the inside stays juicy.  Then slice up some tomaters and onion, cut you off some fresh yeller cheese or use Velveeta if you can't get unsliced American, slice you a couple pieces of sourdough bread, toast it and slather a little mayo on it.  Stack that all up real nice and spoon you out some 'tater salad next to it on yer plate.  Go get you a big cold RC and set down an' stuff yer face!!

NOW!!  Go find yerself a cool spot in the corner somewhere and git you a big nap!!

Pa always put peanuts in his RC Colas; SKIs too for that matter. Thanks for bringing back some fond memories.

for those not from middle Tennessee a SKI is a drink similar to Mello Yello sold around these parts.

Ah, I miss Sundrop soda pop from North Carolina. Nothing better on a hot day, especially if you could find Sundrop slushies. That is the best.

Sundrop is kind of like Melli Yellow but tangier.

Back some years ago, almost EVERY small community had local grocery with canned and dry goods and a produce and a meat counter. Folks that worked in the area would congregate around midday and the grocer would fix sandwiches and sell cold drinks.  You could get balogona, (spelled and pronounced BALONEY) ham, roast beef, or maybe fried spam with one or another kind of fresh sliced cheese, often fresh sliced bread, and your choice of fresh produce and pickles, fixed like you liked it and often even warmed up in a skillet!  You could get coffee if there was any left, (early birds made out best) or a bottled or canned soft drink so cold it would have ice in it, and a place to "set" in the shade or in front of a fan with, most likely, the news of the day and other good conversation.  You'd hang around for at least an hour, (most folks would work 'til just short of dark) or sometimes longer and then go back to what you were doing, usually full and happy!!

The one here locally closed down about four or five years ago when the lady that ran it retired and nobody wanted to take it over.  Now the community has more than doubled and nobody knows anybody anymore, (that took a little longer than these last four years) there's a Dollar General a block from my house, and you can get a hotdog or some pre packaged sandwich and a drink, along with the "bum's rush" at a convenience store out by the interstate!!

MAN OH MAN!!!  How times have changed!!

6 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Cant get baloney from Nerdy? Really?

Nope! It comes from bits and pieces. ;)

YES!!  You can gat a baloney sangwidge at Dirty Nerdy’s, (Lewis’ Grocery) but that’s three communities away!!  Worth the drive though!

I do now! Since I got let go from a very stressful job I have gained 25 pounds. 155 now. 145 this morning. Trying to hydrate it back on today but it's awful out again and I've got things to do.

I have found couple of pounds lately!!  I'll gladly return them to anyone wanting them returned!!

Be bout 100 again taday and I's gonna be out cutten another 80 acres Ifen I'm lucky. Bottles I need something ta go and don't tell me it's all in the horse trough.

Beer? Whisky? Just let me drink the blood of my enemies! And, a glass of ice water-it’s to be hot today.

2 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

Beer? Whisky? Just let me drink the blood of my enemies! And, a glass of ice water-it’s to be hot today.

There are vampires among us!!!!! :lol:

13 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

Would you settle for a nice sangria??

10 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Would you settle for a nice sangria??

Yes, but I want a paper straw.

A straw? In the Saloon? What in the heck is this place coming to :o:P:P

On a side note, my phone has learned to autocorrect and capitalize Saloon :D

It’s coming to a reduced inventory of paper straws by one.

Ah straws.

Remember the episode where Abby was ranting about "that's the last hollow polystyrene tube", and when Tim says,"Huh?", she says, "Straw, McGee. I am a SCIENTIST. I am SPECIFIC."

And I thought, "You are a MORON. The phrase does not refer to a drinking device. It means a piece of dried grass".

Archived