SASS Wire Forum

2018 GEORGIA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - SOLD OUT!

Krazy Kajun

Announcing the 2018 Georgia State SASS Championship – Stampede At South River. 

Fast Eddie and the folks at the South River Gun Club in Conyers GA cordially invite everyone to come on to Georgia and shoot with us at the 2018 Georgia State SASS Championship. The match will be held Thurs May 17th – Sat May 19th . The Georgia State Black Powder Championship will be held on Thurs May 17th in conjunction with the SASS match.

Side matches and the state black powder championship are on Thurs. The first 6 stages of the main match will be shot on Friday and the remaining 4 stages and banquet with awards will be held on Saturday. 

The banquet will be held at the world famous Georgia International Horse Park facility, equestrian venue for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games.  You can find more information about this beautiful facility here. The banquet is being catered by the renown Atlanta catering company, Proof of the Pudding, their website is here.  The banquet is being organized by Annabel Lee.

There are 54 camping spaces with electric and water hookups on the range and are several hotels located about 12 miles from the range in Conyers at exit 82 off I-20.

The match director is Fast Eddie and the stages are being written by Blackhawk Henry and Fast Eddie.  There is a limit of 180 shooters for this match.

There is a raffle for a Model 200E SKB shotgun set up by Fast Eddie. It has a coin finish receiver with 100% coverage deep relief etched engraving, mechanical trigger, beavertail forearm and the wood is gorgeous. Raffle tickets are $20 each or 3 for $50 and 7 for $100. Only 250 tickets will be sold. 

You can find match information at the web links below. The website information will be updated as any changes or updates are available.

State Match Website

Main match application

Black Powder match application

Schedule of Events

Sponsor Information

Sponsor Application

Hotel Information

Camping Information

Ya’ll check out all of the information and if you have questions about anything please let us know.  For match questions contact Fast Eddie and for registration questions please contact Krazy Kajun.  Our contact information can be found at the bottom of the match application.

Krazy Kajun

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't get any better than this match.  Fast Eddie, Blackhawk Henry, Kajun, McKenzie and all the crew give it everything they have--and it really shows in every aspect of this top-flight State championship.  I'll be there, hoping to give my fellow Gunfighters a little friendly competition.

Looking forward to another great State Championship match. 

Beginning to get a steady stream of applications now.  We sold out early last year so if you plan on shooting this great match you should sign up early to make sure that you have a spot.  We have a cut off at 180 shooters.  If you have any questions about our match and can't find the answers at the links provided on the original post in this thread please let me know and we'll get you answers as soon as we can.

Ya'll come on to Georgia and flang some lead downrange with your friends,

Kajun

Sent ours yesterday?

2 hours ago, Hollifer A. Dollar said:

Kay Sadeeya's & my entries will go in the mail tomorrow!

Holler

Got a notice from her that ya'll ain't gonna make it....might check with the boss to make sure! ;)

Kajun

1 hour ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Sent ours yesterday?

It'll be good to see you and Kathouse Kelli in Georgia!

Kajun

Got the app printed out sitting here just waiting for me to fill it out. It will hit the pony express by Monday. Come on out and play Outlaw style.

10 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

It'll be good to see you and Kathouse Kelli in Georgia!

Kajun

Yea, we haven't been down that way, so looking forward to see y'all .

Also looking for something to fill out n the days between that and Smokin Guns in Byhalia on the way back to okc. Any suggestions welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Beginning to get a bunch of state match applications in, there is a cutoff for this match. Sooooooooo......if you're planning to shoot this match you should go ahead and send in your application soon.  Should be another great state match in Georgia!

Kajun

This is one of the best anywhere.  If you've shot it before, you know you want to do it again.  If you haven't, you are really missing a superbly planned and executed state championship.  Either way, be one of the 180 that will be participating--so you don't have to just sit there  later and listen to the stories of those who shot it.  From the Moonpies to the shootoff, it's a lot of fun.

10 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

How about posting a "Who's Coming" KK?  It's always nice to know who will be attending the party!

Emailed it to Fast Eddie this afternoon to get posted on the web. 

Kajun

On 1/26/2018 at 8:44 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

Got the app printed out sitting here just waiting for me to fill it out. It will hit the pony express by Monday. Come on out and play Outlaw style.

Going Outlaw with ya TN Tombstone!!! 

We are at 69 shooters as of today's Pony Express run.  I'm getting a steady stream of applications daily now and we do have a cutoff at 180 shooters. So......if you plan on shooting this match it'd be good if you get your application in earlier rather than try and get in later.  You can find all of the match information at the state match website here.

Kajun

Chili Pepper Jack, I look forward to shooting with you.

We normally have a really fun Outlaw posse if they put us all together.

On 2/16/2018 at 8:16 AM, Chili Pepper Jack said:

Going Outlaw with ya TN Tombstone!!! 

22 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Watch this one, Tombstone.

HE ADMITTED TO P-P-PRACTICING.

My app will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

Waimea

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Looking forward to shooting with ya TN. I am having more fun with shooting Outlaw,  so are the targets not getting hit to much, but the berms are hating it. :D

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

Watch this one, Tombstone.

HE ADMITTED TO P-P-PRACTICING.

My app will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

Waimea

You are just trying to get my confidence up so you can CRUSH me at Dark Day!!  You are one crafty Outlaw but I am on to ya!!! :D Thank you agin for the Hat Pin means a bunch coming from you Partner, and thank you agin for getting me to try Outlaw!

Camping question.

Is the camping at the range on gravel or in grass. 

Also where is it located?

I looked at a  satellite  view could not see a camping area.

thanks 

32 minutes ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Camping question.

Is the camping at the range on gravel or in grass. 

Also where is it located?

I looked at a  satellite  view could not see a camping area.

thanks 

It's gravel.

Kajun

• 2 weeks later...

We are at 90 shooters as of today's Pony Express run, that's half way to our cut off.   The match is shaping up nicely. You can find all of the match information at the state match website at http://srscowboy.com/events.html .

Kajun

On 2/18/2018 at 9:52 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

It's gravel.

Kajun

Any grassy spots for a little red tent?

Waimea

Archived