SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout 2017!

There goes the neighborhood.

Looking forward to seeing you all again. It has been a long time. See you in all in a few weeks.

Sure am glad I don't shoot B-Western. I guess with the level of shooters coming it should be B-WESTERN

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HILLBILLY GOLD

Prizes for the Hillbilly Olympics.

This is about half of the boxes.

There's a bunch.:lol:

IMG_20170701_103142755_HDR.jpg

I'm with Tn Tombstone!!  Waimea should be makin' .454 or .457 round ball and maybe a 160 gr .45 too!!  But he knows what'll work for him!!

Maybe he'll grow his operation and expand his product line!!  HEY!!  WHYME!!  Doya' make a 180 gr .45???

54 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I'm with Tn Tombstone!!  Waimea should be makin' .454 or .457 round ball and maybe a 160 gr .45 too!!  But he knows what'll work for him!!

Maybe he'll grow his operation and expand his product line!!  HEY!!  WHYME!!  Doya' make a 180 gr .45???

Looking into it.

There were some technical difficulties with the smaller fat bullets in the collator. But maybe I have it figured.

Not in time for this one though.

Blackwater: sent y'all a PM.

As a side note to those taking notice, I am giving it a 95% chance that Mrs Waimea will be at Black Gold. I will need to be on my best behavior. But then again when aren't I?

Waimea

1 hour ago, Brandon A Bovine SASS 27688 said:

Good times be just around the corner.

Be sure to slap me on the back when you see me, Bovine.

:lol:

And to answer your question, Rolan. There ain't no clock at Ponderosa Pines.

Waimea

Rolan, what time do you want it to start? :lol:

We normally get the shooting out of the way early so it will be Thursday morning, I am going to guess we will start at 9:00 and if I am wrong I will correct it as soon as I hear back from Copperhead. However I am 99% sure the Outlaw match will start around 9:00 because I sure dont seem me getting started any earlier than that.

12 hours ago, Waimea said:

Be sure to slap me on the back when you see me, Bovine.

:lol:

And to answer your question, Rolan. There ain't no clock at Ponderosa Pines.

Waimea

Can I slap you, too?

:D

Kidding, of course.  See you soon!

Jackalope

2 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Rolan, what time do you want it to start? :lol:

We normally get the shooting out of the way early so it will be Thursday morning, I am going to guess we will start at 9:00 and if I am wrong I will correct it as soon as I hear back from Copperhead. However I am 99% sure the Outlaw match will start around 9:00 because I sure dont seem me getting started any earlier than that.

Tombstone,

I fly back from a conference Wednesday and get home mid-afternoon.  I then have to pack the wagon and head North.  I don't know if we can make it all on Wednesday.  So I was asking what time it started so I could see if I could make it.  If it starts at 9, most likely not.  See you there!

26 minutes ago, Big Boyd, SASS #41359 said:

Is there a schedule published for Friday and Saturday?

I may be able to get there by Thursday afternoon some time.

Same here, is there a schedule for Thursday?  Tn Tombstone please post the start time for the Outlaw Match once it is firm, as I would like to participate if I can get there in time.

I spect I'll pull in some time early Wed afternoon.

7 hours ago, Jackalope said:

Can I slap you, too?

:D

Kidding, of course.  See you soon!

Jackalope

I suppose if you feel like it.:lol:

I plan on getting there sometime around lunchtime on Wednesday.  I'll be leaving the homestead Sunday so that should give me some time to wander around the Smoky Mountains for a few days.  I'm good at wandering.

2 hours ago, Waimea said:

I suppose if you feel like it.:lol:

I heard they're thinking about a "Slappin' Waimea" contest.

Reckon you would be the judge.

:blink:

There was also some talk about "Pin the Tail on the Jackalope"....

Is there a schedule of events posted anywhere other than that listed on the application?  Such as details on the Outlaw match, yard sale date and hours, desert competition rules and times. etc.?

42 minutes ago, Jackalope said:

I heard they're thinking about a "Slappin' Waimea" contest.

Reckon you would be the judge.

:blink:

There was also some talk about "Pin the Tail on the Jackalope"....

We may need to team up to resist this silliness.

Besides I think hanging a Christmas decoration on a Jackalope antler would be much more fun. :lol:

(So much for team spirit)

Waimea

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

We may need to team up to resist this silliness.

Besides I think hanging a Christmas decoration on a Jackalope antler would be much more fun. :lol:

(So much for team spirit)

Waimea

Anita Margarita tried that with tinsel a few years ago.  I chased myself around the living room until I ran out of beer.

Agree, let's resist.  There will be enough silliness without dragging us innocent bystanders into it.

Jackalope and Waimea, as two former Black Gold Judiciary members, it is beneath your collective dignity to threaten physical violence against each other. The only thing I wish to see slapped is leather followed by mass consumption of potable liquids.

Copperhead will have to post the schedule when he gets back from the 4th.

1 hour ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

it is beneath your collective dignity to threaten physical violence against each other

Violence?  Naw, this is just good, clean hillbilly fun.

Copperhead plans to post a schedule today if he can get it done.

He has said the Outlaw match will start at 9:00 and WB will start at 1:00 so folks can shoot in both if they want to.

11 hours ago, Jackalope said:

Anita Margarita tried that with tinsel a few years ago.  I chased myself around the living room until I ran out of beer.

Agree, let's resist.  There will be enough silliness without dragging us innocent bystanders into it.

I beg to differ!^_^

So Jackalope feels he is innocent.

But Titus thinks otherwise.

Mongo is opposed to violence amongst the Judges but the jury is out on how he feels about mayhem in general.

Tombstone is still humming Cover of the Rolling Stone.

The Ladies want a copy. Not sure what they're gonna do with it. Maybe targets.

Kajun ain't comin'.:(

Blackwater wants tiny .45's. And the band is gettin' tuned up.

The schedule is comin'.

And Hillbilly Gold is boxed.

Lookin' like a memorable Black Gold is a comin'.

Waimea

Howdy all. Working getting a schedule on line, but I can cover most of it ; Thursday, Yard sale all day, 9 am - noon Outlaw World Championship & Mini Match, Side Matches 10 - 4, Long Range 12 - 4, Wild Bunch Match 1- 4, 4 Posse walk through, Olympics, Meet & Greet, Potluck, New this year Live Music on Thursday. Friday Safety at 9am, 5 stages, lunch, Team Match, Olympics, 6 pm Pot Shot Parker & his Bullwhip, 7pm  Dinner, Music and Side Match Awards. Saturday 9:30 start on stage 5 stages, lunch, Man on Man, Olympics, 6pm Lassiter Fast Draw Demo. dinner at 7, Awards at 8, 9 Blackwater & Milkbone till ?

Hope this will answer most of your questions, be safe see y'all soon.

Lets don't forget the hillbilly spelling bee on Thursday. Don't know what tie but will nnounce when get there. The cooking competitions- Thurs. snacks and grilling, Sat.- dessert and homemade brew. Pleae bring entries to the main bar where the coolers are about 0 mins before dinner schedules. I think around 6:30.

I have not heard if anyone is going to come up for the bike ride on Wednesday other than Jake, Doc and myself. Is anyone else planning on riding? We may end up canceling this year if that is all that is planning on riding.

6 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I have not heard if anyone is going to come up for the bike ride on Wednesday other than Jake, Doc and myself. Is anyone else planning on riding? We may end up canceling this year if that is all that is planning on riding.

Can't help ya with the bike riding but if it don't happen we can find other ways to get into trouble.:P

Waimea

1 hour ago, Chicken Scratch said:

Im bringing my scooter!!!

Chicken Scratch

You've been awful quiet.

I didn't even know you were comin'.

Must be workin' hard.

Waimea

Scratch, I will plan a few more stops on the bike ride this year.B)

Looks like the Outlaw World Championship will be a 5 stage match starting at 9:00 on Thursday. This will be for the buckle and you do not have to sign up early. We will also have Outlaw in the main match following the SASS rules for those of us who always shoot Outlaw and you do have to be signed up for it. We have also used the Outlaw match on Thursday as a Warm-up match and it seems I had a lot of Black Powder with me last year.

So on Thursday we have, Outlaw Match, Black Powder, Warm-up, Wild Bunch, and side matches, some kind of team match and lets not forget the Redneck Olympics.

I guess what I am trying to say is BRING PLENTY OF AMMO and maybe a few extra hours for each day.

Archived