SASS Wire Forum

2 Officers dead, 1 wounded Palm Springs, CA

Three Palm Springs, CA PD officers responding to a domestic violence call were met with gunfire upon arrival. Two were killed, one hospitalized. Suspect at large. One deceased officer was set to retire in December, the other deceased officer just returned to duty after four months of maternity leave. The wounded officer is said to be up and responding.

Prayers up. This is getting to common

Prayers Up

They have it listed as 280 for the year I started in 1974. Always been a tough job, Again prayers up for the family.

They have it listed as 280 for the year I started in 1974. Always been a tough job, Again prayers up for the family.

I don't mean to minimize the losses. Even one loss of life of an officer is unacceptable to me. However, these statistics make me wonder. It would be helpful if people posted sources.

Your statistic makes the 2013 statistic of 109 seem off. I hope y'all see what I'm wondering about and no one takes offence; because...a3314acfe9a1b2c8d7c231d192584b42.jpg

I don't mean to minimize the losses. Even one loss of life of an officer is unacceptable to me. However, these statistics make me wonder. It would be helpful if people posted sources.

Your statistic makes the 2013 statistic of 109 seem off. I hope y'all see what I'm wondering about and no one takes offence; because...a3314acfe9a1b2c8d7c231d192584b42.jpg

I'm guessing these stats came from the National Law Enforcement web site. Where I found mine.

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/year.html

Yeah, the 70s were extremely bad. But we didn't have 24hour news channels then. It was a war on police. But cops and vets were not generally popular back then. That has changed.

Remember in the 70's we didn't have body armor and the medical technology that is allowing officers to survive what would have been fatal wounds in those years

Archived