SASS Wire Forum

Somebody's Prayin, I Can Feel It. (Re: Jim No Horse, aka Tusco Horse, aka Chemo Sabe, aka Honorary JEDI #222)

Del Rio Pete

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

Del Rio Pete, you going to make Fort Parker next week? 

Not shooting, but slight chance I might drive down to see you experts shoot. 

Thanks for asking. 

How about you, JNH?

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never been to Fort Parker but I plan to head up that way soon. Dragonhilll Dave and Hoss both tell me it is a great venue and shooting from the blockhouse is something else. High praise coming from two men I greatly admire......Jim

9 hours ago, Jim No Horse said:

I have never been to Fort Parker but I plan to head up that way soon. Dragonhilll Dave and Hoss both tell me it is a great venue and shooting from the blockhouse is something else. High praise coming from two men I greatly admire......Jim

Hope to see both of yall there. And yes, shooting long range from the blockhouse is a treat.

Howdy All, Jim No Horse asked that this update be posted:

Betsy,    The CT scans without radioactive contrast showed no growth but no further shrinking. Dr Sugarbaker thinks (as does my oncologist, Dr Gorrebeck here in Austin) that my immune system is encapsulating those three larger tumors in scar tissue to protect itself from the cancer, hence they look the  same size.  Too cool for school!

Dr Gorrebeck had some concern for a couple of blips on the scans and wants PET scans which are more definitive. The clinic called today and the insurance company had approved the scans. Yeehaw...so next Wednesday I go for the scans with radioactive  contrast.  The battle continues!

The new house is great. I feel like I won the lottery...my study (Karen calls it the museum I have so much stuff displayed) is my own little kingdom.
I am having a blast and feel great again.  My endurance is pitiful but then again I have always been a lazy slacker....LOL.....? My legs below, the knee to my foot feel like they are covered in fire ants. The pain is overwhelming.  This comes intermittently and without warning. My pain management doctor says it is due to nerve damage from chemo. My oncologist says it is lymphodema... I say it hurts. I try to cowboy up and avoid the recommended levels of dilaud and hydrocodin so I can drive and be functional.
That is a minor inconvinence to still be above ground. 

Cowboy shooting is my passion and with the help of many of my cowboy pals I have got my reloading equipment set up here at the new house and still get to play the game. Without the help of all my cow pals I could never have continued. I am forever in their debt. Check out your cousins videos on You Tube....Alan Barbee or my alias Jim No Horse......also Determination Texas....that is the town in Blanco where we are building our new range.

I know I am still here by the grace of God and the power of prayer. I thank you all for keeping both me and Karen in you prayers throughout these dark times... Alan

Betsy... I am forwarding this missive onto multiple people as I am a  miserable typist. God bless you and yours...everyone!

Keep those thoughts and prayers going! - Bubba

JNH:

You are in our prayers every day & it looks like prayers & positive thoughts from all your pards are having good effect.

We'll be thinking of you all day Wednesday, as you have your new scans.

Hang in there, my friend

--Dawg

Dawg....Bubba...Pitbull...Del Rio....Rye...Hoss....Farr Ranger....Cowboy Small, to many to thank. Know I am grateful. I am blessed.....Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Get pard, great news! Continued prayers for your leg pain. 

Hope to see see you soon. 

The results are today at 3PM....yikes......Jim

I have a new growth in my one of my adrenal glands...they are trying to get a biopsy scheduled for next week to see what it is and to determine how to proceed. Your prayers are needed...Jim

What I did not say about yesterdays results were that my three main right lung tumors continue to shrink and the other spots in that lung were not cancer.

She was so upbeat about my lung news that when she paused, I asked her if this was one of those good news, bad news deals. She said yes, I guess so. I said OK then, give me the good news.... I can take it.... LOL...

Her grandfather was a rancher

and she rode a horse named Lightening once when she was twelve but thats another stotry! She is a cowgirl at heart and doesn't  know it. She is the best!

I thank all of you for your patience, your help and your prayers. These are the cards I have been deallt. I will play them.

God bless you and yours....Jim

JNH,

Maybe the pretty doctor just likes you coming back so she can hear more of your cowboy stories. 

Perhaps you should start writing a book. Bet it would be interesting. 

Funny thing about having medical issues is you have to learn about body parts you never knew you had or what their purpose is. 

Of course, we'll continue to pray for you. 

Thanks for letting us know how your journey is going. 

Now, get started on writing your book.  What will the title be?

My professor of creative writing at the University of Iowa told me I had good technical skills but no life experience.

Well, I have plenty of life experience now  but no technical skills.

The title of my book...How Can I Miss You, If You Won't Ever Leave!

Hang in there JNH
Trust the power of prayers!

You are in our hearts every day!

Keep us posted, good or bad, and we'll keep pulling for you.

--Dawg

Jim,

I imagine most of us "old" guys have asked our wives... "Honey, are you going to miss me when I'm gone?"

To the retired guy who is now always around the house...

Answer... "How Can I Miss You, If You Won't Ever Leave?"

Interesting title.

OK, we can go with that.

So, what are the Chapter Titles?

If you once had technical skills, you still have them.

Now you have your life experiences, so start writing. 

You'll have to also write a song to go with that title.

Can you sing or play a guitar?

I guess you already know there is a song "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?" by Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks 1972. 

Jim,

Forgot to mention one of my favorite missionary aviation books is "Hey! God, Was That You?" by Ron Gluck. 

One of the things I like about the way the book was written, is it is just personal stories and most all the Chapters are just two pages long.

Quick & easy to read. 

So, just think of your book as 100 stories with each chapter about two pages long. Easy peasy. 

Story #1. The story of Cowboy Jim No Horse. How he got his name. 

Story #2. Oil Well Fires & Texas

Story #3. A Cowboy & His Dogs

Story #4. Pretty Doctors in Times of Trouble

Story #5. Fights With The Killer Knife & Rescuing Fair Maidens

Story #6. Fire Ants In My Pants

Story #7. English Gents, Rangers, & Small Cowboys

Go for it. 

It'll be fun for all of us. 

Bet you won't be able to sleep without thinking of a story. 

JNH:

I've just recently started following your journey. I've also just gotten started in C.A.S. at 79 years. A cowboy at heart; horses I've loved; dogs I miss. A loving, understanding wife, who just loves the same lifestyle. [Am I lucky or what?]

My wife went through breast cancer, chemo, radiation, so I'm familiar with the cancer scene. Which brings me to the reason of a reply. God allowed me more years with my wife [2012] and I prayed he would keep her with me because without her I'm lost. I know he heard my prayers. My daily bible study reinforces what I knew God can do. 

I'm following this knowing God will take care of you and bless you.

From an aging cowboy, wrangler and cowman, God bless you,

berdookid

SoNevada

On 11/2/2017 at 8:01 PM, Jim No Horse said:

I have a new growth in my one of my adrenal glands...they are trying to get a biopsy scheduled for next week to see what it is and to determine how to proceed. Your prayers are needed...Jim

When is the biopsy scheduled?

Tuesday  morning....9am...3 hour procedure...yeehaw...hoping to draw another inside straight....

Still PRAYING for you Jedi Jim.

On 11/6/2017 at 7:07 PM, Jim No Horse said:

Tuesday  morning....9am...3 hour procedure...yeehaw...hoping to draw another inside straight....

How did it go?

What's next?

Waiting to hear from my oncologist. The pathology report is on its way to her. She will give me the news....soon I hope...but probably Thursday during her office hours. Your prayers are needed and wanted....Thanks Jim

They called it a non malignant fatty mass. I am not sure what that is but I am so happy to have one.

.LOL...So grateful...Amen...Shooting Cops vs Cowboys Saturday....yeehaw...

On 11/3/2017 at 8:13 PM, Jim No Horse said:

My professor of creative writing at the University of Iowa told me I had good technical skills but no life experience.

Well, I have plenty of life experience now  but no technical skills.

The title of my book...How Can I Miss You, If You Won't Ever Leave!

Heck ,  No Horse , 

I would  buy  that  book . 

Would  have  to  change  your  name  to  Writing  Horse. No big  words  please . 

CS  

Jim, our lives and how we live em are our ultimate testimony. Your life and story are a true inspirational blessing to all of us and a faith builder. Gods plan is always always right, his timing always always perfect and we always always got your back in prayer. You're a hero already in heaven and continue to be one here for us ornery sideways shootin ilk. Blessings to you brother keep shootin straight

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I got bad news and bad news...LOL...my pathologist report was correct...non malignant  fatty mass....unfortunately the biopsy needle missed the tumor so the pathologist was correct.... unfortunately the tumor is hot as seen in the PET scans and believed now to be lung cancer. I go Tuesday  morning at 10 am for MRIs and CT scans to get ready for the Cyberknife....and the good news is....I am still shooting...LOL.. Your prayers are needed....Jim

Archived