SASS Wire Forum

Somebody's Prayin, I Can Feel It. (Re: Jim No Horse, aka Tusco Horse, aka Chemo Sabe, aka Honorary JEDI #222)

Del Rio Pete

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of an Amber Alert or Silver Alert, I am sending out a "Jim No Horse Alert".

Has anyone heard from him?

He hasn't made any recent posts & hasn't updated anything on this thread. 

So, Jim No Horse, are you ok?

Del Rio....I am grand. At least I feel good most every day. Planning to shoot Plum Creek this weekend and just planning to shoot makes me happy. Went to Pain Management  today, then Physical Therapy  tomorrow for the nerve damage in my legs from the chemo.

Next week I have a meeting with the Cyber Knife doctor to see if he can take out the last active tumor in my right lung. If he thinks he can shoot it, I plan to let him. Thank the stars he is a better shot than I am...LOL... My monthly meeting with my good looking oncologist is next week. Still have a bloody cough but that doesn't slow me down much. 

I am out in my pick-up crusing around daily....about as close to heaven as I can get. I love my Chevy!

Got showered in glass last week as I was driving a pal to look at bluebonnets and a wild turkey flew up out of the bar ditch and crashed into the windshield when I was crusing at 75. No harm no foul...no pun intended. I will try to post the pic. Again...thanks for asking Del Rio. Your pal JNH

Prayers still up for you Jedi Jim.

• 2 weeks later...

Cyber seems to be working...I coughed up one of the gold markers with a tiny wire tie on it....yikes I am at the Texas State  match having a blast.Shot  the first half today...clean. Typing on this phone is near impossible. When I get back....will have more. Jim 

Go have fun JIm.Prayers up for you pard.

This Texican Rangers Club is putting on a flawless match for 300 shooters.They really know their stuff. Having a blast.... God bless....Thanks Jim

The right eye...the one taken out a couple of months ago has not healed. My eye surgeon...outer orbital surgeon is sending me to another surgeon who specializes in inner eye disease...he suspects something might be growing inside my right eye. Not a great outlook but it could be something minor...if not its back to the eyepatch jokes. I suppose I will be on the WIRE trying to buy a deaf parrot to sit on my shoulder while I shoot......if I end up with the eyepatch after all!  

Next week going to the hospital for an angiogram. They think my leg pain and lack of energy is related to reduced heart function.  I guess my next course of study will be heart function.....yeehaw....I will keep you all posted. As long as all this does not interfere with EOT I will be very satisfied. God bless all who have been so supportive throughout my cancer treatment. By the grace of God I have been given the grit to keep up this fight....that and the power of your prayers. Again I thank you all....Jim

Prayers still up for you JEDI Jim.

Yeehaw...the eye surgeon looked into my eye and said  'that is one honkin big cataract you have there' ...LOL...Great news... I am so happy I will not have anything other than cataract surgery if even that...that is the good news today. Thanks all....Jim

Friday is the big one this week. Angiogram of my heart to find out whats going on. That it for this week. Spent part of Saturday and Sunday at our Casita cleaning up after a windstorm that took out 40 or so large trees. Really lucky as no trees or large limbs hit any of our out buildings. Next week back to Baylor Clinic in Houston to get scans to check on cancers progress or lack thereof. God bless and don't forget to pray for others on the Wire with life threatening  conditions and others who are sick and wounded. Thanks to all...Jim

40 trees is a lot to clean up. 

Glad no buildings or people were hurt. 

Will check back with you after Friday. 

Will keep praying for you. 

P.S. I won't make it to EOT this year.

So, make sure you go the 2018 EOT to buy me that sarsaparilla. 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:45 PM, Jim No Horse said:

The right eye...the one taken out a couple of months ago has not healed. My eye surgeon...outer orbital surgeon is sending me to another surgeon who specializes in inner eye disease...he suspects something might be growing inside my right eye. Not a great outlook but it could be something minor...if not its back to the eyepatch jokes. I suppose I will be on the WIRE trying to buy a deaf parrot to sit on my shoulder while I shoot......if I end up with the eyepatch after all!  

Next week going to the hospital for an angiogram. They think my leg pain and lack of energy is related to reduced heart function.  I guess my next course of study will be heart function.....yeehaw....I will keep you all posted. As long as all this does not interfere with EOT I will be very satisfied. God bless all who have been so supportive throughout my cancer treatment. By the grace of God I have been given the grit to keep up this fight....that and the power of your prayers. Again I thank you all....Jim

JNH went to Dr with a parrot on his shoulder. Doc asks "what can I do for you"?  Parrot responds " can you cut this lump off my butt?

That parrot is near deaf ...he won't  wear hearing protection  when I shoot...says  it cramps his style.....Jim

Prayers still up for you Jim.If you need a place to park when you come to Houston,I have plenty of room.Give me a call.281-844-0807  Pit Bull

On April 24, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Jim No Horse said:

Friday is the big one this week. Angiogram of my heart to find out whats going on. That it for this week. Spent part of Saturday and Sunday at our Casita cleaning up after a windstorm that took out 40 or so large trees. Really lucky as no trees or large limbs hit any of our out buildings. Next week back to Baylor Clinic in Houston to get scans to check on cancers progress or lack thereof. God bless and don't forget to pray for others on the Wire with life threatening  conditions and others who are sick and wounded. Thanks to all...Jim

How did heart test go?

Well...the heart catheter or angiogram went smoothly...even checked the legs. The great news is he told me that my heart function is 100 percent with  minor heart disease. Nothing to worry about and concluded I needed to see a pulmanologist (SP) as he thought after all these tests it was lung function.

Well no joke...really...even I assumed having lung cancer would create problems with lung function!!

LOL  Gee Whiz Dr Clever......He is a good guy but really. I told him he was overstating the glaringly obvious. I go back to him in 10 days to get my diet of cardboard with no salt...yikes...!

On the 9th I go to Houston to Baylor for scans and a consult with those fellows.

The following week I finally get PET scans that will show what is really going on.... then I get to go over results with my oncologist....she is so....if she wasn't married and I wasn't married and I was 30 years younger, I would chase her all over south Texas. Just kidding honey.....!

So the news is great...no heart problems...I am truly blessed by a God who loves me and I him.!!!

Thanks to all for your prayers and good wishes...Jim

Del Rio...I am buying you the chrome mug and will send it to you....Hoss is still teasing me about last year.....

Sure is a good thing that Hoss likes you. 

Imagine what he'd say if he didn't. 

Just wait to buy me the cup at EOT 2018. 

Glad to hear your heart checked out ok. 

We'll check back with you to hear stories about the pretty doctor. 

Better not post her name, or all the old guys will be lining up at her office. 

Time for a song...

“Come ye sinners, poor and needy
Come ye wounded, weak and worn
There’s a harbor for the broken
Where the hopeless are reborn
Come ye lost, afraid, forgotten
Let your wondering souls find rest
At your hearts door He is knocking
For you His precious blood was shed

He is able, He is able
Christ is able, still to save
Come ye sinners, poor and needy
Sing to Him our song of praise

Come ye ransomed and forgiven
Come ye rescued from the grave
Rise and worship Christ our Savior
For the glory of His Name!

In the stillness of the morning
In the quiet of the dawn
Praise will rise as darkness scatters
And the song goes on and on!”

by Tommy Walker

• 2 weeks later...

Del Rio...good news...I had a PET scan with high contrast early in the morning and took the scan CD to my afternoon consult. Oncologist said both Cyberknife tumors were gone and no new growth that they could see in other places in the right lung.  Also no spread of cancer to other major organs  including bone and brain. These guys were very pleased as was I. They said get my strength back and they would see me in four months.

I will see my primary oncologist next week here in Austin and she will get the same scan results and get her opinion on my PET scan.  This timing is great so it looks good for my trip to New Mexico and EOT.  I live to shoot last....lol...Again thanks to all for your prayers and good wishes. Jim

Praise The Lord!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful and exciting news. 

I am so happy and thankful for

you. 

A day of rejoicing. 

Jim No Horse rides again....

image.jpg

I am still here by the Grace of God....the power of prayer....and the blood of Jesus Christ....Amen

AMEN and AMEN

That's great Jim! 

Archived