SASS Wire Forum

Somebody's Prayin, I Can Feel It. (Re: Jim No Horse, aka Tusco Horse, aka Chemo Sabe, aka Honorary JEDI #222)

Del Rio Pete

Glad you're still around and havin' fun.

I been lurking on here to see how you are doing.

You got some fine supportive Pards here helping you through.

Just thought I would stop by and say Howdy.

Waimea

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waimea...thanks for your note...I see you live in Port C...I had a house down close to the little beach on SE Sinclair years ago....back before you started shooting BP....LOL...Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Del Rio...the pretty doctor is this Thursday...She will tell me what the new PET scan says...it is pretty definitive and shows if the cancer has spred or moved into other organs. Keep me in your prayers...Thanks to all Alan 

On 5/22/2017 at 8:24 AM, Jim No Horse said:

Del Rio...the pretty doctor is this Thursday...She will tell me what the new PET scan says...it is pretty definitive and shows if the cancer has spred or moved into other organs. Keep me in your prayers...Thanks to all Alan 

What did the pretty doctor say?

The pretty doctor said I still have 3 tumors in my right lung. Two of which have been there for over a year with no growth...those two are getting smaller. One more that was measured during my last Pet scan is also getting smaller. She said she believes my immune system is now actively fighting the cancer on its own. She says I am atypical meaning my white blood cells have always come back to normal within 2 days of my 17 chemo treatments. YEE Haw...She says I am without any Active Cancer in my lung for the first time in over two years. She says this is highly unusual...she was happy and smiling. She gave me a big hug and told me to avoid infections and close contact with people who could get me sick and see if my immune system could really continue to shrink these 3 tumors. Still she tells me I am Stage 4 terminal. This is not remission she told me but it feels like it to me. She is concerned with my lymph system and this cancer crossing to other organs.

So this is great news.No active cancer in my lung after 2 1/2 years....I have said numerous prayers of thanks and I want to thank all the men and women on the Wire and beyond who have prayed for me and sent good wishes. You all are the best. I am one happy cowboy.Thanks to all....Jim

Father in heaven, grant Jim comfort in his suffering. Give him courage when afraid, patience when afflicted, hope when dejected, and when alone assure him of the prayerful support of your holy people. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

W.D.

You are to kind Allie....I am truly grateful for whatever additional time I have been given. Heading for San Diego to see my only grandchild , Scarlett,  after EOT. I  love that child!.....Yeehaw

Jedi Jim,My prayers are still up for you.Grand kids are the best.

• 5 weeks later...

Feeling great except for the lower legs every night or so....feels like fire ants when they start up....pain meds cover it up but I don't like using them in the quantities they suggest. Beats the heck out of the alternative. ..lol.... EOT was a hoot...lots of great shooters except me....shot 496 out of 600...I did get 8 clean stages...Still owe you a Root Beer...yeehaw....Heading to San Diego to see my granddaughter later in the summer...can't wait...she is a doll...and I love her so....Every time I had a Root Beer I thought of you....Jim

Jim, there used to be a vendor at EOT and Winter Range (and probably others), I think the name was Doc McGillicuddy (sp?).  He sold sasparilla, which tastes like root beer, and other flavors.  You bought a pretty blue bottle, which came in various shapes, with your drink in it.  Then you bring that bottle back at that event or any future event and get it filled for $1.  Heck of a deal, and it shore tasted good.  Of course my bottle broke before I could take it to a second event.  Haven't seen him in some years.  I guess someone at EOT does similar with a mug now.

Hard to sleep with fire ants on your legs, isn't it?

i look forward to seeing you at EOT 2018.

That will be a wonderful celebration for us all!

• 4 weeks later...

Jim,

Are you busy riding your horse and roping cattle, or are you visiting pretty Doctors again?

Let us know how you are doing. 

We love you and are praying for you. 

Del Rio Pete

Del Rio....Looks like  I have missed your greeting twice. My apologies! My health has been good. Will be getting new PET  scans in Sept which are the definitive look at measuring existing tumors and looking for new ones. Still taking 14 pills every morning and 10 every  evening. Still fighting burning leg pain in both legs but it can be masked with pain meds. Dont like them but I take them depending on the level of pain. Apparently it is nerve damage from the chemo to both lower legs below the knee.  Enough of that!! 

The great news is we are buying a new home that adjoins our little Casitas property on Bull Creek in west Austin. So I have been busy sorting through 23 years of collected stuff closets dressers etc. It is 4 bedrooms and four baths but the coolest thing is a shop 60 by 40 feet. Got all my reloading things moved in and one side has a 40 foot long work bench.....yeehaw....I can't believe how much space there is. My sweetie is over the moon for the house....I love my shop....life is good....we have been blessed by  a loving God. Thank you all for your support......Jim

Way to go Jim.Prayers still up.

• 1 month later...

Del Rio Pete....No unfortunately,  I rescued no fair maidens. Dang!  We were blessed with four days of mostly mild rain and one night of heavy gusting winds. Houston, the city I grew up in, is still a terrible sad mess. Say a prayer for all the people and animals impacted by both Harvey and Irma....the Carribean islands are tragic.

a d texaz....I will be there. It was a flat out blast!!! The Texican Rangers could not have been kinder to me. People that know me are not that kind!! LOL....Just kidding!! See you there.....

Things are going great. Up and dressed early every day. I can put socks on now by myself so I have graduated from slippers to work shoes.....yea...small victories!!! On the 26th I go to the Baylor Clinic for CT scans and to see my consulting oncologist.  On the 28th I go to see my oncologist with the scans from Houston. So it is always a bit of a nail biter waiting for the results. They tell the real story.

I am still here by the grace of God and the power of prayer. I thank everyone for your prayers....Jim

Another round of prayers from North of the Medicine Line, heading your way.

• 2 weeks later...

I rescheduled my first appointment in Houston at the Baylor Clinic till October 10th. I am at the end of our move to our new home. Our first move in 23 years. Crazy busy or maybe I am using the move to avoid the facts.  The scans are always worrisome for me. l will get scans that morning for my afternoon appointment. They will tell if the cancer is shrinking or spreading.

Today I totally missed my appointment with the pretty doctor! Never even been late in over 30 appointments. All my fault...no excuses. She is now rescheduled for the 12th so I will have my scans from  Houston for her to look at also. So I will get both oncologists opinions  of my lung. The long and short of it is I guess I am just afraid. That is hard for me to say!

Your thoughts and prayers aappreciated.....Jim

Howdy Jim.

I don't post a lot on this thread because I often lack words of comfort and such.

But in reading all the post and your comments, I think its obvious the the Good Lord is walking with you thru all this.

So keep the faith.

I think there is a difference between anxieties and fear.   You may be more overwhelmed with anxieties, more so than actual fear.

Waiting for results of test, etc..... can create some awful feeling anxieties.   A good many of us have experienced it in our lives.

Try to keep your mind at ease.  Many of your friends, personal and on this Wire, are riding this trail with you.

God Bless.

..........Widder

Widder....I thank you for posting. You could be right...just anxieties not fear so much.

Some days it seems I am caught between the things of of this world and the place I am soon to be heading.

As a real Jedi Gunfighter you have my admiration and respect. ...Jim

Jim to me you are a real JEDI.The fight your are putting up is way more than most.Prayers still up for you as always.

• 2 weeks later...

Prayers for continued healing Jim.... and prayers to all out there dealing with the same. Know the effects on person and loved ones all too well... will keep all in daily prayers..

Del Rio Pete...start planning for EOT...and we have to get Pit Bull out there this year  also! Hoss to!

This will be my fourth....god willing and the creek doesn't rise. I was told I would not live to make my first one so I plan on making my fourth and buying you that root beer in the stainless mug I owe you....Yeehaw....

My oncologist gave me two hugs today...a record for her....lol....  She reported that my three main tumors in my  right lung were either shrinking or were not growing. Great news. She did see a couple of spots that she was unable to get a good read on. She is ordering PET scans which give her the ultimate resolution to determine what these  sopts are. She is hoping the insurance company will approve the PET scans and scheduled me back in three weeks. The good doctor told me to continue enjoying myself and that I was one of her success stories. Happy... Happy...Happy...God bless you and yours....Jim   

Now back to cleaning up my shop in our new home.....Yeehaw. ..!!!

Great news Pard!

Del Rio Pete, you going to make Fort Parker next week? 

Archived