SASS Wire Forum

Somebody's Prayin, I Can Feel It. (Re: Jim No Horse, aka Tusco Horse, aka Chemo Sabe, aka Honorary JEDI #222)

Del Rio Pete

Sue...keep those prayers coming...gonna see you at EOT next year...bringing my own posse ....7 of us from our club...gonna be a blast again..Thanks Sue for all you do...Jim

Will there be room on that posse for a couple of New Mexico shooters? I'd sure like to shoot with you again, Jim.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You 2 are on our posse no questions asked...lol... Remember we are a posse of deplorables....Cowboy Small...English Bob....Farr Ranger...yikes...we are lucky anyone wants us...lol...Jim

Good Morning:

Here's a nice pic of Our Good Pard Jim No Horse from the December 2016 Agarita Gazette, put out by the Plum Creek Shooting Society.

That's one fine-lookin' cowboy!

Thanks to Del Rio Pete for forwarding the Gazette to me, so I could post his pic!

Merry Christmas to all my good pards

--Dawg

JNH_2.jpg

Good Morning:

Here's a nice pic of Our Good Pard Jim No Horse from the December 2016 Agarita Gazette, put out by the Plum Creek Shooting Society.

That's one fine-lookin' cowboy!

Thanks to Del Rio Pete for forwarding the Gazette to me, so I could post his pic!

Merry Christmas to all my good pards

--Dawg

JNH_2.jpg

z

Don't worry about the cameraman. He is in no danger as long as JNH is aiming at him! No horse couldn't hit a buffalo if one swallowed him whole!!!!!

Hoss...I am thinking Del Rios plan is better than yours.

.Jim No Horse rides again...

.Yeehaw

Allie...Allie...Allie....I know I am in line with many others who have a crush on you but your words have made me blush ...turn red...and I am afraid my head might explode... (I was raised a strict Southern Baptist so I am very shy....sort of...LOL....Jim

Christmas time is when you can admit your true feelings.

Yep, I have a crush on Allie too :wub:

--Dawg

Don't be concerned! I am going for PET scans at 2 PM today and will meet with my oncologist next Tuesday to see if the cancer has spread or what it is doing. Insurance will not pay for any more PET scans so I have been tied up with that battle...so now PET scans will cost $1,500. out of pocket. CT scans are no charge to me but the doctors want the higher definition of PET scans.

On the 20th I will take this scan to Baylor Clinic in Houston for their opinion. Great doctors there also. Then we will come up with a new treatment protocol.

Again thank you all for all you have done. My wife is throwing a Thank You Open House on December 18th (my birthday) Jim

What did the Doctor say yesterday?

She said I have a new tumor in my right lung in a lymph node. We will use a tool called a cyber knife to cut the little fellow out. ASAP is the timeline.

Sorry I did not get back faster but I had to chew of this for a while.

Hard to know the right decision. God bless you all and Merry Christmas to all....Jim

Cyber knife supposedly works magic.

If you end up personally paying for PET Scans, If you tell them you aren't filing for insurance, but paying cash, sometimes the cash price is less than half for XRays, CT Scans, PET Scans, etc.

Just check your insurance bill to see what the hospital was actually paid the last time you had a PET Scan done.

You can always turn in what you paid to insurance, if insurance changes their mind.

Happy Birthday.

Maybe I can make it down to Austin for your Birthday next year.

I played your Doobie the Doberman birthday video...it was a hoot. My 2 Dobermans came to watched and drooled on my tablet...lol...to funny...party was a blast 40 or 50 pals....just a few cards as the wife wanted a thank you party for so many who have helped us so much ....no birthday notice on the invite.....but on the otherhand Dawg sent me a notice that something was coming my way sooooooo....that is to cool....

Packing up to head for Baylor with my scans today....meet with the Doctor tomorrow afternoon so there you go......more opinions....good ones but......??? Hard to find the right path.....Alan

Prayers up Pard.

You all are great...just got to Houston so get some sleep then spend tomorrow in the waiting room...lol...yeehaw...Jim

Prayers up Pard.

Most of you probably read Dawg's thread about Jim No Horse slipping on the bathroom rug.

I copied some of Jim's comments and put them here so we can keep up with his next surgery and doctor visits.

Jim's comments on another thread....

"Watch those bathroom rugs boys and girls....they can be tricky...only 10 stitches and the hospital was just across the street from my mother in laws place.

Yikes...how stupid can one aging cowboy be?"

--Jim No Horse

"Finally home in Austin tonight.Baylor says use the Cyber knife. Kill the newest tumor. Going to meet Mack the Knife at 10 in the morning. Scheduled for next week. Yeehaw...Gonna stay out of bathrooms with rugs ...lol..Jim"

Mack the Cyberknife says they have to get 3 gold markers around the tumor to give the radiation gun a target to zero in on. He also thinks he can take out one of my original tumors.

That would leave me with one tumor in the right lung. Amen

So I will need 5 treatments of the radation of about 1 to 1 1/2 hours for each tumor.

Probably be two weeks till all this gets set up so more waiting. I so apperciate ya'll thinking and praying for me. Don't forget to pray for Pale Wolf as he fights that infection. God bless you PWB! The big Cowboy is looking after us! ....Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Jim,

Has the CyberKnife and radiation been scheduled?

How are you feeling?

You previously said after your party, "but on the otherhand Dawg sent me a notice that something was coming my way sooooooo....that is to cool..."

What did Dawg send you?

Jim,

Has the CyberKnife and radiation been scheduled?

How are you feeling?

You previously said after your party, "but on the otherhand Dawg sent me a notice that something was coming my way sooooooo....that is to cool..."

What did Dawg send you?

????

First off...Dawg sent me the coolest calendar of The Tusco Longriders...but with multiple photos per month....a very nice gift....then he took the time to make a list of everyone in the pics he knew. It is so cool to put a face to all those cowboys and cowgirls whose names I have heard for years...Rye... Colorado Coffinmaker...Cheyene Culpepper...Dawg... Buckaroo Bubba...Not only have they been kind to me but they run one heck of a club...that I would join in a heartbeat if I wasn't a thousand miles away. Thanks again Dawg...Jim

Allie...the Cyberknife is a two step process. First they plant gold markers around the tumor to give the knife a target(the knife is actually a highly focused radiation beam)...then more Cat scans to determine the targeting....then back for a third trip to start the treatment.....then one to five treatmeants every other day. That is for one tumor about the size of your thumb.

My good lung was half full of fluid so they took a glass rod tapped it in my back and into the lung and pumped the fluid out. Yikes that hurt..

I did not think I could drown this far from the beach...lol..anyway they have to put the gold markers in place down my throat for the newest tumor as it is located near my heart....so....several more trips to the hospital to get ready for the second tumor...the new one....

Again thanks all the concern and I am feeling 100 percent just low energy...God bless you all...Jim

Prayers up Jim.

JNH_2.jpg

Jim,

You're one tough ole Cowboy.

Had a needle stuck through my ribs one time & thought I was going to die.

Can't imagine a glass tube through your back to drain your lungs.

Hang in there. Know that a bunch of us are praying for you every day.

Our prayers and best wishes go out to you, Jim.

Cat Brules

Del Rio...yep that glass tube tapped thru your back with a mallet is a new low in high tech medicine...lol...actually I thank God for my medical group as they have brought me this far. All your prayers and kindnesses are all appreciated. You got to walk that lonesome valley...but not necessarily alone....Jim

Howdy Jim,

Hoping & praying the cyperknife procedure is 100% successful. The lung draining procedure sounds a little like something invented by the Marquis De Sade. Roll over and let me pound this glass rod into your lung. Best wishes to ya for 2017.

Vaya con Dios,

Keystone

Archived