SASS Wire Forum

Somebody's Prayin, I Can Feel It. (Re: Jim No Horse, aka Tusco Horse, aka Chemo Sabe, aka Honorary JEDI #222)

Del Rio Pete

well Jim the fire ants only bite on this side of the grass, but still a preferred place to be!  Keep concentrating on all them good things and folks around you and let that distract you from the temporary unpleasantness.  

Hope to see you soon!

'Blene

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Jim's post on Monday on his other thread.  

"As of last Wednesday my MRI came back with four one inch tumors and one 3/4 inch in various parts of my brain. 

I ask that you lift me up in prayer as I start what is called full brain radation in a few hours. Fifteen, once daily treatments to hold the tumors in check while they get the  immunotherapy drugs they think might shrink them.This feels a bit like drawing to an inside straight but it is the hand I have been dealt and I will play it.

I am on steroids  now  so I can walk again. Edema, swelling was affecting my gyroscope. I have been told I have a big head before but who knew you could take a steroid for  'big head'  ..LOL...

Prayers have given me the last three years and you cowpals are closest to my heart when I think of riding the river.

So this is a gun forum not a pity party for Jim No Horse so....Come shoot the Cabs at Texas Republic Ranch in our brand new Old West town of Determination Texas...it has been a grounds up build and is an exceptional range. We even put in indoor plumbing with rainwater to feed the toilets...God bless you all... Jim "

Finished my 3rd whole brain radiation today. No way to quantify changes in the tumors till all 15 treatments are done. Got a full body PET scan yesterday which will tell if there is more spreading of the cancer. 

On a brighter note I bought a new Stetson for EOT and four Texas Star conchos for the mule ear boots I wear. I plan to make EOT if it kills me....LOL..We are gonna have a blast in New Mexico. We have 9 coming from the town of Determination Texas alone.  Do not fear my gun....remember my motto... "Shooting last so you don't have to!"  Lets all go and have a blast...Jim

okHere are the new Star Conchos.

Keeps my mullies from to much flapping. Flapping is my job...LoL.

The Stetson is still in the hands of the Amazonian...LOL.... Thanks  Jim20180202_030912.thumb.jpg.658df6371c88cc1debbbc198e9e9f7e3.jpg

20180202_030909.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got my new John B Stetson Gus hat and a stampede string that Slick McClade was selling in the Classifieds.

Can't believe The Dawg didn't beat me to it...LOL...

On a more somber note....still LOL....I can't help myself....

On March 1st I start Immunotherapy.  It is a T cell enhancer designed to radically increase your T cells ability to fight infection...including cancer. It is the latest form of the drug that killed Jimmy Carters brain tumors a couple of years back. 

On March the 6th I go to Houston to see my consulting oncologist at The Baylor Clinic for his opinion. 

After finishing my 14 full brain radiation treatments I took the staff a full blown pancake breakfast made to custom order...bannana chocolate chip...a couple of double blueberry...some whole wheat...a strawberry lemon...anyway the crew there love this pancake joint and the boss cleared the schedule for an hour so all 11 of them could eat together. It was a surprise and a simple blessing I could give. It made my day.

The new pet scan shows a tumor in my liver...my spleen..and one in a kidney. Also the Cyberknife did not get the Adrenal tumor. My radiation oncologist told me her pal from the Air Force (the pretty doctor) told her I had a great sense of humor so she says....Mr Barbee...you are a target rich environment...I am a gun woman and I will kill them. So....that is that. Anyway thank you for your prayers for me and my family...there are many others on this Wire who are fighting this same demon. My prayers go out to all...May God bless them ...Thank you Jim

I'll bet those doctors never met anyone like you before.  Prayers continue, and may God bless the T Enhancers.

On another note, I'm not sure if I knew your last name before, which is not the most common.  Did your family ever own a cabin on Lake Brownwood?

Jim,

Have not seen your thread before. Good luck with the doc's and my prayers are with you in this battle. From a new to the game Texan.

More prayers heading your way Jim.

Your courage and sense of humour in the face of your challenges is an inspiration.

May God bless you and keep you+

Abilene 

Now truth be told my family is one step up from white trash...we have a double wide...with good tires...LOL

A cabin on Lake Brownwood...sounds idyllic. Abilene, you honor my family with your kind words. No we did not....more like  an outlaw cabin at the shallow muddy end of the lake...Squatterville  for horse thieves ...LOL ...bring your bugle..

wake em up...ll   Thanks Jim

Haha!  When I was a kid my dad worked for Paymaster and they had a company cabin, so we got to spend 4 or 5 days there each summer.  My brothers and I walked the rocky shoreline casting our lures, and one inlet that usually had fish we called "Barbee's inlet".   But we never knew the family, just their name.  Hey, maybe you have some distant rich relatives you never knew.

I guess you've raised your place in the world since then. :)

On February 23, 2018 at 6:32 AM, Jim No Horse said:

Got my new John B Stetson Gus hat and a stampede string that Slick McClade was selling in the Classifieds.

Can't believe The Dawg didn't beat me to it...LOL...

How are you doing this week?

How about a pic of your new fancy hat?

Jim,

How are you?

On 2/23/2018 at 6:32 AM, Jim No Horse said:

On March 1st I start Immunotherapy.  It is a T cell enhancer designed to radically increase your T cells ability to fight infection...including cancer. It is the latest form of the drug that killed Jimmy Carters brain tumors a couple of years back. 

On March the 6th I go to Houston to see my consulting oncologist at The Baylor Clinic for his opinion. 

The new pet scan shows a tumor in my liver...my spleen..and one in a kidney. Also the Cyberknife did not get the Adrenal tumor. My radiation oncologist told me her pal from the Air Force (the pretty doctor) told her I had a great sense of humor so she says....Mr Barbee...you are a target rich environment...I am a gun woman and I will kill them. So....that is that. 

What did the doctor say?

How did your treatments go?

Time for a song....

Lean On Me by Bill Withers

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain

We all have sorrow

But if we are wise

We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

'Til I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride

If I have faith you need to borrow

For no one can fill those of your needs

That you won't let show

You just call on me brother, when you need a hand

We all need somebody to lean on

I just might have a problem that you'll understand

Lean on me, when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

'Til I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

You just call on me brother, when you need a hand

I just might have a problem that you'll understand

If there is a load you have to bear

That you can't carry

I'm right up the road

I'll share your load

If you just call me (call me)

If you need a friend (call me) call me uh huh(call me) if you need a friend (call me)

If you ever need a friend (call me)

Call me (call me) call me (call me) call me

(Call me) call me (call me) if you need a friend

(Call me) call me (call me) call me (call me) call me (call me) call me (call me)

22 minutes ago, Del Rio Pete said:

It’s a new week.

How are you doing?

Going for a MRI brain scan at 11am...will know in a couple of days if the brain  tumors are shrinking...your  prayers are wanted...I believe I am in the hands of our Lord and no problem ahead of us is greater than the power behind us.God bless you all..Jim

25 minutes ago, Jim No Horse said:

Going for a MRI brain scan at 11am...will know in a couple of days if the brain  tumors are shrinking...your  prayers are wanted...I believe I am in the hands of our Lord and no problem ahead of us is greater than the power behind us.God bless you all..Jim

continued prayers Amigo. 

looking forward to seeing you next month at Comancheria Days! 

Thinkin' of you, my friend.

We send daily prayers & positive thoughts your way that your brain tumors are shrinking & that your healing up.

Maybe the warmer weather of the coming Spring will help chase those bad boys away!

--Dakota Skipper & the Dawg 

• 2 weeks later...

Found an extra prayer in my pocket Jim, sending it your way.

Get well soon, Bud!

Jim, our lives and how we live em are our ultimate testimony. Your life and story are a true inspirational blessing to all of us and a faith builder. Gods plan is always always right, his timing always always perfect and we always always got your back in prayer. You're a hero already in heaven and continue to be one here for us ornery sideways shootin ilk. Blessings to you brother keep shootin straight

Prayers heading south from north of the Medicine Line.

God Bless+

2 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Del Rio, thank you for keeping this great post going.  Jim has left the building and is with God:

2 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Jim No Horse,

Adios my friend.

We will all miss you.

See you down the trail.

Del Rio Pete

Passed after a good time doing what he enjoyed. 

Hard to ask for better than that.

May the Light Perpetual Shine Upon you.

Blessings to you and your loved ones

Rest in Peace Pard+

• 2 months later...

Hello  all,

Dragon  Hill  Dave had some hat pins made up in honor  of  Jim No Horse.

We are  at EOT  and  would  like  to  bless  you  folks  that became  fond of the man and would  like  a  little  reminder  of  him . 

Come and  find  us on posse 21

Cs

2 hours ago, Cowboy Small said:

Hello  all,

Dragon  Hill  Dave had some hat pins made up in honor  of  Jim No Horse.

We are  at EOT  and  would  like  to  bless  you  folks  that became  fond of the man and would  like  a  little  reminder  of  him . 

Come and  find  us on posse 21

Cs

Sure wish I could buy one, if you have any left. 

Not able to attend EOT. 

Thanks,

Del Rio Pete

Archived