SASS Wire Forum

The wearin of the Green

Utah Bob #35998

St Paddy's Day approacheh! What's your favorite Irish libation?

clontarf.jpg

Powers Gold Label, but they don't make it anymore. Probably have to use Redbreast Irish Whiskey on the grand day itself.

Slainte!

I am reduced to Jameson.

Guinness. And not just on St. Paddy's day!

Agreed! Although I wouldn't turn down a Smithwicks (Yes, I know how it is supposed to be pronounced) or a Harp Lager, either.

This stuff is nectar of the gods. Had it a couple times at EoT. Can't find it here, and you can ship liquor in or out of Texas so I can't order it. :angry:

JHC

http://www.kilbeggandistillingcompany.com/our-brands/tyrconnell

On St. Patrick's Day, myself will be drinkin' Buhmills Black Bush, my favorite sippin' liquor. Or possible Jameson 12 year old Special Reserve, my 2nd favorite. As for beer, it's got to be Harp lager or Guinness. As for celebratin' I'll be drinkin' in. Can't stand the green cellophane hair and the kiss me I'm Irish people. Amateur drinkers!

The O'Meara Himself

On St. Patrick's Day, myself will be drinkin' Buhmills Black Bush, my favorite sippin' liquor. Or possible Jameson 12 year old Special Reserve, my 2nd favorite. As for beer, it's got to be Harp lager or Guinness. As for celebratin' I'll be drinkin' in. Can't stand the green cellophane hair and the kiss me I'm Irish people. Amateur drinkers!

The O'Meara Himself

A capitol idea! I stay off the roads on New Years, St. Pattys, and the 4th of July because the roads are full of amateur drinkers. The pro's are out there every day but the amateurs don't have the experience of driving drunk and will kill you

The Red Sox will be wearing green on St. Patty's day. The only time of the year that I brake out my green jersey. I will down a few Harps, if they are losing maybe more.

Black Bush, no question. I was in Dublin on business and told one of my client's people I hadn't acquired a taste for Jameson's. He excused himself and went to the bar (did I mention we were in a pub?), came back with a shot, and set it in front of me. "Try that."

(sip) (Angelic chorus, light shining from Heaven, you know the drill.)

"Yeah, that's the stuff!"

Well, the irish side of the family, the Zugmiers, demand that I eat potatoes and cabbage,

and perhaps some corned beef, washed down with bier, er beer.

May have to tune in the Celtic Women videos.

I like Bushmills and Smithwicks especially after going on a tour of the Bushmills distillery in N. Ireland. The most interesting Irish drink I've had is poteen(Irish moonshine).

The only cabbage I can stand is sauerkraut, and that's only if it's part of a pork roast or on top of a brat.

Me maternal grandmother was Irish, but all ze others ver German.

Brats mit saurkraut is gut.

St. Patrick's is too fine a holiday to be limited to one day...watching The Quiet Man and sipping Redbreast as we speak.

😉

I'll prob'ly have a beer!

Archived