SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

Pay attention pards. Mrs. Lose is on a healthy eating campaign and tonight she served me mashed potatoes that weren't mashed potatoes. It was cauliflower poorly disguised as mashed potatoes. Should your better half mention that she's got this recipe that tastes just as good as mashed potatoes you're probably going to get cauliflower that's been run through the blender and presented as the real thing. You've been warned.

"The things we do for love, the things we do for love" :-) :-)

(10cc)

I really care about you folks and my warning was intended as a community service. From what I see there's half a blender full still to be "enjoyed".

All right, I'll be the first to say it.

YUUUCCCCHHHHH

If I want cauliflower, I want cauliflower! Some butter 'n' garlic, a tiny touch of salt, and a liberal sprinkling of black pepper.

If I want mashed potatoes, I want them mashed, not creamed or blended. I want 'em a little lumpy and very buttery! I'll take care of the rest..

Never the twain shall substitute for one another.

HEY !! Yul!! Your wife will probably regret it in a little while!! :ph34r::o:lol::lol:

I do the cooking round heah!

Wait till she serves potato cakes from the skillet.

Mashed cauliflower ain't bad but is no substitute.

One of my friends wife slices a cucumber into the potatoes before she boils them for mashed potatoes. Different!

I use instant mashed potatoes a lot, but I'm by myself here so I have an excuse!! No cauliflower in my spuds!! :P

Just add bacon and cheese, it will be just fine

That didn't even help it.

I'm on a "diet." Rule #1 is that I don't eat substitutes or de-octaned versions of anything. If I think it isn't good for me, I don't eat it. I sure like cauliflower, broccoli and other vegetables, but gosh, I'd prefer not whirling them all up and calling them something else.

My advice to you, though, is "eat'em and shut up." :-) :-)

My wife cooks food to make me gain weight. It aint workin but man we eat good here. When ya can't take it no more, come on over!

Gravy!!!!!!!! Everything is better with gravy. Cauliflower is the new mashed potato, my wife just told me so. If you bake mashed up cauliflower and season it real good it's quite tasty.

Archived