SASS Wire Forum

Ever notice?

McCandless

TV cops can have a shootout inside a house and their ears never even ring?

Shotguns indoors... No problem.

There's never any smoke from their guns?

Bullets just ricochet off cars?

"Silencers" make for polite little coughs or pffts.

Beer bottles always shatter into the perfect weapon shape when smacked against a table? (instead of putting a dent in the wood)!

All of these things I have noticed.

And many more... ;)

Hahaaha!

Just watched a FBI agent on a motor-sickle shoot out the front tire of the badladies' car, from behind the car. Bumping and jarring down the road while the car is jinking back and forth. Good guys NEVER miss!

Hahaaha!

Just watched a FBI agent on a motor-sickle shoot out the front tire of the badladies' car, from behind the car. Bumping and jarring down the road while the car is jinking back and forth. Good guys NEVER miss!

With one shot! And the bad guy is draining mags from a full auto and can't hit nuthin!

Hahaaha!

This is why people think cops could just shoot bad guys in the leg or shoot the guns out of their hands. :rolleyes:

Didn't the A Team miss EVERYTHING they ever shot at even though they were all Special Forces trained using full auto weapons?

Didn't the A Team miss EVERYTHING they ever shot at even though they were all Special Forces trained using full auto weapons?

Yep they expended more rounds that never hit a person than any other show on television.

All those rounds fired from handguns and no recoil? kR

Especially from a .45 Colt, standard load back in the day was a 250 gr. bullet over at least 40 grs of BP!

That's because they never extended the stock.

Also semi auto pistols are always racked or cocked.

I like the ones where the pump shot gun or lever rifle is cycled just before going after the other guy and then again when they get close.

No ejected rounds.

In tv shows, there is no recoil because all muzzle flashes are CGI in after during editing.

If there are spent cartridges coming out of the guns, those too are CGI in.

Yep, all is fiction.

They even have people in tv shows they call actors.

Somebody did a replica gunfight some years back between two shooters, each with one gun, 45 caliber black powder. Staged in a 12 foot square room with no windows and no door. Shooters were both facing the same wall for safety sake.

1st shot resulted in all candles and lanterns blown out. Zero visibility.

The next 9 shots polluted the air to the point that it was impossible to breath.

Neither combatant was able to hear (altho wearing ear plugs) for several minutes after the fight was over.

Would not have made very good television.

Somewhere i the last year it was written that the "fog of war" was a reality. With no breeze, a battlefield became visually impentratable after the first volley.

Again, not good TV.

I get few tv channels as I still use an antenna.

But there is a place I go for lunch some times that has CNN on all the time.

I have watched it at times and find I leave because I can not believe how many lies are told every minute on every story.

I believe in freedom of the press and such but I do think these "NEWS" programs who are suppose to inform the public and keep the government people honest should be liable and sued for not telling the true.

Jailed and removed from tv would be okay with me if found guilty of lying and or fabricating any store that is represented to be news and not represented as a fiction story/program.

They out is they say news is now entertainment and not necessarily news.

They also try to use the ...it's an editorial and the station is not responsible for the content. "BS"

BS

The A-Team shot a lot of Mini-14s. I like the scenes where they shot at something nonmetallic, like the side of a fiberglass boat, and the shots caused a shower of sparks. I have not tried this with my boats, but I suspect that even my .22 LRs would just punch throuh with no sparks.

Archived