SASS Wire Forum

Life is too short to get your blood pressure up over $20

Korupt Karl

Twenty bucks is twenty bucks. It will buy about 700 primers or 300 bullets or a bunch or of used casings or breakfast for two.

If money is tight I respect you and your situation and I am not meaning to trivialize it. If Sass is going down hill then it is my opinion that we are picking up speed. I am glad from talking to members I know that most do not share the views I've seen on the wire.

I, personally have seen SASS going uphill since the Wild Bunch put Misty in as CEO. It would be easy to keep us in the dark, but she explained a lot and cleared up some of the speculation and misconceptions some had about Founders Ranch, etc. I guess if we left dues where they were and SASS folded there would be the same folks wondering what happened..... If the raise is needed, then so be it.

If it becomes too expensive then I guess we will lose shooters. I think Misty will not take the feedback lightly and will act on some of the ideas that were brought up.

Making negative comments, in my opinion, is counterproductive. I've researched some who are making comments on the wire and I can understand that if they are only going to shoots occasionally or not shooting at all but merely stirring the pot on the wire, then raising the dues would not be a good value for them.

Before some family health issues came up, I regularly attended a regional, 4 or 5 state shoots and 15 or 20 monthlies each year and I found that it didn't seem fair that I was having such a good time.....and I still feel that SASS is a good value.

Milleage may vary.

KK.

+100000000000000000000000000000

Nice post Korupt Karl....

You put things In a perspective.. that's along the lines of the way I feel...

I had a new hip put in this summer... took me out of CAS .. I miss it.. but

I been healin' fer 2 months now.. and I think I can handle it..

I'm one of the guys that goes to the range a couple 3 days early..

Help paint targets... and the day before the match .. Help set up steel..

I'm thinkin' I'm back up to that.. We'll see.

Rance ;)

Thinkin' part bionic :wacko: but I reckon I'll try and get back to it... :)

I sure wish the Wire would go back to talking about important stuff, like lubes, help fixin' guns, talking about technique and gear

calling out the prayer posse

backing up our pards

pretty pictures of gun carts

talking about new guns coming out (those Eliminators from Uberti have my attention currentlly)

talking about costume accouterments and where the best stuff we all need can be found.

Frankly, I'm sick of hearing about this $20 not only because it's way more than that for my family and those arguments do apply, but because potential shooters that find their way onto the wire see a bunch men and women playing cowboy and arguing over fees. what do we want new shooters to see when they come to the wire?

what would you like to convey to that city slicker lookin' to join our ranks that stumbles in here. that were all willing to argue over fees and explain in great detail our displeasure with the founders of our game? Doesn't see like the right thing to convey.

Had I stumbled into this forum during this past week as an outsider I would not have made the commitment to the sport.

this past week is not what this sport is all about. when can we get back to the good stuff?

I sure wish the Wire would go back to talking about important stuff, like lubes, help fixin' guns, talking about technique and gear

calling out the prayer posse

backing up our pards

pretty pictures of gun carts

talking about new guns coming out (those Eliminators from Uberti have my attention currentlly)

talking about costume accouterments and where the best stuff we all need can be found.

Frankly, I'm sick of hearing about this $20 not only because it's way more than that for my family and those arguments do apply, but because potential shooters that find their way onto the wire see a bunch men and women playing cowboy and arguing over fees. what do we want new shooters to see when they come to the wire?

what would you like to convey to that city slicker lookin' to join our ranks that stumbles in here. that were all willing to argue over fees and explain in great detail our displeasure with the founders of our game? Doesn't see like the right thing to convey.

Had I stumbled into this forum during this past week as an outsider I would not have made the commitment to the sport.

this past week is not what this sport is all about. when can we get back to the good stuff?

+100

+1,000,000,000,000.5

Good post

Twenty bucks is twenty bucks. It will buy about 700 primers or 300 bullets or a bunch or of used casings or breakfast for two.

If money is tight I respect you and your situation and I am not meaning to trivialize it. If Sass is going down hill then it is my opinion that we are picking up speed. I am glad from talking to members I know that most do not share the views I've seen on the wire.

I, personally have seen SASS going uphill since the Wild Bunch put Misty in as CEO. It would be easy to keep us in the dark, but she explained a lot and cleared up some of the speculation and misconceptions some had about Founders Ranch, etc. I guess if we left dues where they were and SASS folded there would be the same folks wondering what happened..... If the raise is needed, then so be it.

If it becomes too expensive then I guess we will lose shooters. I think Misty will not take the feedback lightly and will act on some of the ideas that were brought up.

Making negative comments, in my opinion, is counterproductive. I've researched some who are making comments on the wire and I can understand that if they are only going to shoots occasionally or not shooting at all but merely stirring the pot on the wire, then raising the dues would not be a good value for them.

Before some family health issues came up, I regularly attended a regional, 4 or 5 state shoots and 15 or 20 monthlies each year and I found that it didn't seem fair that I was having such a good time.....and I still feel that SASS is a good value.

Milleage may vary.

KK.

Good post

Relevant to what the value is. I don't know how high I'd go with SASS dues but considering its value to ME and that I've paid a lot more for a lot less I'll say there's room for further growth. We'll see when we get there.

Milleage may vary.

KK.

Agree 100%

hOOt

Milleage may vary.

KK.

+1, Hang up callers. We have a winner.

Don't want to say where the ceiling is for me because everything changes!! Who knows, they might start givin out HIGH END trucks,suv's, and cars for match prizes!!!

Spades H. But just for the record it would take a little more than the $20.00 they raised it..

Just curious,,,

How many multiples of $20 does it take for it to be a significant amount to you (no one in particular)?

No offense, but please start your own post and don't hijack mine.

Thanks

KK

I'm with KK and Hurricane, just like my posts on other threads.

Amen

It's not $20 to me...it's $65. And if you don't participate in Large Regional Matches what exact value DO you get from a FOR PROFIT Business? What IS your deciding factor on costs?

I could manage to justify the old price for a very expensive Newsletter with lots of Gun Ads, now even that excuse is gone.

I'm now on a fixed income. I make choices and restrict spending where I can. Rather then yell at us that made a difficult decision why not question exactly why a increase was necessary and exactly how the money is spent? Not ONE thread has asked that question!

A business owes it to it's consumers to justify increased costs. This is a business to the WB. I expect a business like response to the question of cost increases from every other business.

OK, I read the post by MIsty. No specifics given as to actual cost increases. I would like to see SALARIES and WAGES listed and how much paid. The change in status pending to either Not for Profit or Non Profit still allows for those cost to be whatever amount they care to pay. That allows for revenue to be diverted under that cover. Not accusing just explaining based on 30 years of IRS experience.

The shocking thing to me as refreshing as it also was, was the admission of the decline of actual paid members vs unpaid. No more badge inflation to give the illusion of a constantly increasing memberships, remember the hoopla over the 100,000 member figures?

Well 19,000 is a much more sobering number.

So the question should be, rather then raise the fees on those members, how do we get the 65,000 others back?

And just to chew over, 19,000 (rounding down) times $65 is $1,250,000...ONE MILLION PLUS in revenue. Where DOES that money go?

OK, I read the post by MIsty. No specifics given as to actual cost increases. I would like to see SALARIES and WAGES listed and how much paid. The change in status pending to either Not for Profit or Non Profit still allows for those cost to be whatever amount they care to pay. That allows for revenue to be diverted under that cover. Not accusing just explaining based on 30 years of IRS experience.

The shocking thing to me as refreshing as it also was, was the admission of the decline of actual paid members vs unpaid. No more badge inflation to give the illusion of a constantly increasing memberships, remember the hoopla over the 100,000 member figures?

So the question should be, rather then raise the fees on those members, how do we get the 65,000 others back?

And just to chew over, 19,000 (rounding down) times $65 is $1,250,000...ONE MILLION PLUS in revenue. Where DOES that money go?

$1.25 million won't go as far as it used to. I'm pretty sure it won't even buy 1/5 of a bionic man anymore.

I have said this before, I WILL PAY THE INCREASED FEE, AND ENJOY DOING SO. To all of you who are stirring the pot, stop trying to discourage others from participating and second guessing what SASS is doing with the money. I don't care how much money they are making, just as long as they keep the doors open. If they need more money to do that ,fine with me. I'm with Karl and all the others like him. Lets clean up the wire and get the negativity the hell out of here. We are playing a game here folks, nobody is getting rich or being treated unfairly. Get out and support your local clubs, have some fun, make some new friends and enjoy life. I'm getting to old to care about the trivial BS on this forum. so I will be spending more time in the Saloon. See Ya.

Without waxing too nostalgic, SASS and CAS in general has changed. I miss the old days but the new SASS can be just as fun, but it IS different.

As for the decline in numbers, the sad fact is that the Sport is mainly for those who Remember Roy and Gene and Hoppy.As we age and pass on those numbers will drop.

And with the rise in all the Run and Gun EBR sports, we are a niche sport again.

Not necessarily a bad thing, those that love the old West and B Westerns will always have a place to play. But there are real concerns on the financial viability of SASS since it IS the Main Governing Body and it's fiscal health is crucial to the Sport. So valid questions on fees and costs will come up and need to be addressed.

• 2 weeks later...

my club had pretty much the same exact questions...... about a 1/3rd of them will probably not renew there sass memberships as most of us don't shoot the big shoots... this price increase will hurt. Im always getting asked by club officers if I have friends who want to do sass, they are hurting for new(and younger) members. But yes our question that our club will ask before making a final vote on whether or not we will stay with sass is a letter sent to sass by our club on where the $ is going.

The 65,000 are gone. These folks gave it a try and decided it was not for them. Some are older now, and can no longer participate, and some have passed away. Whats needed is new blood.

Misty answered where the money goes. If you will check her pinned post it will clear up some of the questions for you.

Without waxing too nostalgic, SASS and CAS in general has changed. I miss the old days but the new SASS can be just as fun, but it IS different.

As for the decline in numbers, the sad fact is that the Sport is mainly for those who Remember Roy and Gene and Hoppy.As we age and pass on those numbers will drop.

And with the rise in all the Run and Gun EBR sports, we are a niche sport again.

Not necessarily a bad thing, those that love the old West and B Westerns will always have a place to play. But there are real concerns on the financial viability of SASS since it IS the Main Governing Body and it's fiscal health is crucial to the Sport. So valid questions on fees and costs will come up and need to be addressed.

Well Snake, why don't you do your part and join SASS instead of complaining as a "guest"?

I have said this before, I WILL PAY THE INCREASED FEE, AND ENJOY DOING SO. To all of you who are stirring the pot, stop trying to discourage others from participating and second guessing what SASS is doing with the money. I don't care how much money they are making, just as long as they keep the doors open. If they need more money to do that ,fine with me. I'm with Karl and all the others like him. Lets clean up the wire and get the negativity the hell out of here. We are playing a game here folks, nobody is getting rich or being treated unfairly. Get out and support your local clubs, have some fun, make some new friends and enjoy life. I'm getting to old to care about the trivial BS on this forum. so I will be spending more time in the Saloon. See Ya.

You are quite correct. The local club is the lifeblood of the game. SASS has indeed began a great thing and now it appears may evolve into a member driven association as it should be.

However, there is at least a perception that some people did get rich ( I don't know if they did or not)

To me, $65 is a bit steep for alias management. Many people don't seem to mind the price increase so I say to them if $20 is no big deal why not send in $30 or $40 extra when they renew?

( I bet they don't)

:D

Archived