SASS Wire Forum

What's the call?

Shooting Bull

...but the double-violation for a single action IS a concern as well; that needs to be clarified at the same time to prevent any "overzealous" ROs from misinterpreting anything that is posted re: two SDQ penalties on the same stage.

We're getting close to a consensus on this one...no dissenting votes so far, but haven't heard from everyone on the ROC (yet).

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better not miss low at some of the shoots we have been too. We have shot targets that were closer than 10 feet away.

Please note the listed exception regarding "expendable props"...targets within that same "zone" would fall under the same exception.

13. Any discharge that hits the ground or stage prop from five to ten feet from the shooter, while on the firing line, will result in a Stage Disqualification. Any discharge that hits the ground or stage prop less than five feet from the shooter while on the firing line, any discharge at the loading or unloading areas, any discharge off the firing line, or any discharge that is deemed unsafe will result in a Match Disqualification. Note: Match directors have the latitude to place props so shooters must negotiate them. In doing so, Match Directors may declare props expendable or shootable without penalty.

RO1 p.16

Shooter has an AD and earns a Stage DQ. On his way to the unloading table he's flustered and sweeps the unloading table with his open and empty shotgun. Is there a call? If so, what is it?

Forgive my lack of propriety and somewhat whimsical nature... but was just the unloading table swept? Invariably, as I put my broken open and cleared shotgun down onto the unloading table, there are a few miliseconds where the barrels point directly at the derned thing...

Forgive my lack of propriety and somewhat whimsical nature... but was just the unloading table swept? Invariably, as I put my broken open and cleared shotgun down onto the unloading table, there are a few miliseconds where the barrels point directly at the derned thing...

Yep, while walking to the ULT, for about a second or two, he swept two folks standing at the unloading table....then the RO called "muzzles up."

Good luck, GJ

Yep, while walking to the ULT, for about a second or two, he swept two folks standing at the unloading table....then the RO called "muzzles up."

Good luck, GJ

Was kinda hopin' it was some sorta test... and folks had jumped to conclusions... Everyone can go back to awaiting the ROC decision.

The following has been submitted for editing into the SHB/RO1 on this issue as a clarification:

4. Major safety infractions will result in the shooter’s Disqualification from the Stage or Match. “Major” infractions include: a dropped gun, a discharge that is unsafe or a discharge that impacts less than ten feet from the shooter, violation of the 170° safety rule, “sweeping” any person with the muzzle of a firearm, and similar acts that have high potential for personal injury. Committing two (or more) Stage DQ infractions will result in a Match DQ (even on the same stage). This does NOT apply to a single action that carries multiple penalties (e.g. breaking the 170º with an unloaded firearm & simultaneously sweeping someone). There are circumstances where a single Major Safety violation will result in a Match Disqualification. (See Addendum for listing of penalties.)

RO1 p.21

MATCH DISQUALIFICATION

• Two accumulated Stage Disqualification Penalties or Two Spirit of the Game assessments.

RO1 p.25

Thank you Palewolf !

Thanks ROC for your hard work and good judgment

Do you think in the years to come receiving two SDQ's on one stage will be described as earning a "Philly Slim" Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Thanks ROC for your hard work and good judgment

Do you think in the years to come receiving two SDQ's on one stage will be described as earning a "Philly Slim" Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Yikes. Anyone not familiar with this thread would think it was called that because I actually did get two SDQs on the same stage..............as if I'm not already infamous enough. :lol:

Yikes. Anyone not familiar with this thread would think it was called that because I actually did get two SDQs on the same stage..............as if I'm not already infamous enough. :lol:

I had already factored that in.................sometimes I have an Evil Streak :lol::lol:

To quote the Three Amigos "Infamous, that means more than famous" :o

It wasn't Philly Slim.

And besides, doing a swan dive in the mud and water is already called 'doing a Philly Slim' he don't need anything else named after him. :D

Well, I watched him do the Philly Stomp at Ridgecrest a few years back :)

Well, I watched him do the Philly Stomp at Ridgecrest a few years back :)

Oh God, I thought that story had died. :ph34r:

Not sure I have heard that one, please do tell it again! :D

Robbers Roost Vigilante's annual shoot in Ridgecrest, CA. One stage had a clay pigeon tosser that the shooter activated by stepping on a lever. As you both know I'm not exactly a small person. When I got up to start the stage it was jokingly asked if I needed help stepping on the release lever. Everybody laughed. I made it through the stage to the tosser, stomped as hard as I could on the lever and the whole darn thing simply fell over without tossing the bird. Thankfully I engaged the make-up target as everyone else on the posse was rolling on the ground in laughter. :wacko:

Philly can't do the STOMP.

Philly can do the FLOP......

There has got to be a song there somewhere!

Robbers Roost Vigilante's annual shoot in Ridgecrest, CA. One stage had a clay pigeon tosser that the shooter activated by stepping on a lever. As you both know I'm not exactly a small person. When I got up to start the stage it was jokingly asked if I needed help stepping on the release lever. Everybody laughed. I made it through the stage to the tosser, stomped as hard as I could on the lever and the whole darn thing simply fell over without tossing the bird. Thankfully I engaged the make-up target as everyone else on the posse was rolling on the ground in laughter. :wacko:

😝😝😝

Do you even lift, Bro?

Just don't ask Philly to do anything that requires use of the legs! :)

He ain't up to speed yet!

Archived