SASS Wire Forum

NFL question

Utah Bob #35998

If the Steelers win this game will they think those "uniforms" are lucky and continue to wear them?

'Cause, wow! :wacko:

Wow, can't stand the Steelers as it is…..those uniforms make me hate 'em even more!!!! :wacko::blink:

Happy Halloween. They should paint the helmets like Jack-o-lanterns.

Superstition runs amuck in sports but it does have limits.

No limits that I've noticed. One year, when the cowboys were doing really well (in the 90's), I noticed that if I took a drink every other play it'd be a good play and if I messed up the sequence, they'd have bad plays till I got back on track. I kept that junk up for nearly a decade

Still won't record or bet on a cowboy game because it's bad luck.

No limits that I've noticed. One year, when the cowboys were doing really well (in the 90's), I noticed that if I took a drink every other play it'd be a good play and if I messed up the sequence, they'd have bad plays till I got back on track. I kept that junk up for nearly a decade

Still won't record or bet on a cowboy game because it's bad luck.

Yeah, the 'boys are unpredictable. The bookies love them.

Come on guys, it takes a "Real Man" to step out on the field in one of those uniforms.

IIFC several years ago a lot of the teams were warning "Retro" uniforms on occasion. Some of them brought back some pretty good memories.

Bob, is there a reason for #79's socks? Like "straight is offense and twisted is defense"? Or his mama never tell him about keeping his seems straight? :P

I don't follow football, but I keep hearing about NFL players getting arrested - dog fighting, domestic abuse, drugs, what-have-you - and I have to wonder of that "retro chain-gang" look was a good choice or a bad one.

Bob, is there a reason for #79's socks? Like "straight is offense and twisted is defense"? Or his mama never tell him about keeping his seems straight? :P

I don't follow football, but I keep hearing about NFL players getting arrested - dog fighting, domestic abuse, drugs, what-have-you - and I have to wonder of that "retro chain-gang" look was a good choice or a bad one.

Some of the players wore them like that and some didn't . They might have been protesting. I sincerely hope they don't trot those out again. They were worn in 60 and 61. The socks were burned in 62 because the players and coaches hated them so much.

History

What was with the "jailbird" suits for the Steelers? Or are they now the Stealers?

...but they about stole that game, goalposts and all. :D:P 522 yards passing and 6 touchdown throws. wow :excl: The safety was just salt in the wound.

Maybe those suits are like the old-style disruptive paint on ships? Can't quite get the rangefinders to focus, so the opponents are always misjudging range, speed, and direction.

just ... wow.

What was with the "jailbird" suits for the Steelers? Or are they now the Stealers?

...but they about stole that game, goalposts and all. :D:P 522 yards passing and 6 touchdown throws. wow :excl: The safety was just salt in the wound.

Maybe those suits are like the old-style disruptive paint on ships? Can't quite get the rangefinders to focus, so the opponents are always misjudging range, speed, and direction.

just ... wow.

Like the USS Nebraska?i01208.jpg

Best NFL uniforms ever:

107812935_display_image.jpg?1313811098

San+Diego+Chargers+v+Kansas+City+Chiefs+

Yup. I really like the Air Force Academy. :D :D

Archived