SASS Wire Forum

Christmas songs

Rye Miles #13621

Someone mentioned "I'll be Home for Christmas", here's a mighty fine version of it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLuW8joOge4

As far as my favorites, I really like "What Child is This" and "O Come O Come Emannuel". Both are in minor key, and I love playing them on harmonica. "Silent Night" comes in close to the top, and "O Holy Night". Those four all sound good on a G harp. Heck, I just might make some videos so y'all will have somethin' to scare the boogie man away with.

Without a doubt, always been my favorite, John's Angelic voice and the thoughts of the range and Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfS3Oj5jcas

How about "It's a Holly jolly Christmas(?) by Burl Ives. Got that song in my head all day today for some reason even though I haven't heard it in at least a year!!:wacko:

O Holy Night is my favorite...

Though my daughter and I are partial to 'Silent Night' too - which we sang two years ago at church together :)

http://www.youtube.c.../14/oDCpwF-mTIQ

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Ah... I love that.. she is a real talent!!!

I LOVE Christmas music! :D Here are some of my favorites.

Away in a Manger by Ricky Skaggs

Santa's Beard & The Man With All the Toys by the Beach Boys

Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You by Billy Squire

You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch by Thurl Ravenscroft

A Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives

O Holy Night by Bing Crosby or Nat Cole

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! by Dean Martin

2000 Miles by KT Tunstall

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve & The Christmas Song by Mindy Smith

Silent NIght by Michael Buble

Christmas Island & The Secret of Christmas by Ella Fitzgerald

The Little Drummer Boy by the Harry Simeone Chorale

Here Comes Santa Claus by Gene Autry

I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day by the Carpenters

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams

How Many Kings by downhere

I see no one's mentioned Carol of the Bells. I've played that one a few time and I've come to like it.

For non-traditional, this ranks right up near the top of my list:

Stille Nacht

for a secular winter song

Let It Snow

WOW! Thanks for posting Silent Night in German. I'm not usually an emotional person. But my mother would sing to us kids, Silent Night, and O Christmas Tree, each year at Christmas. Later to Nieces and Nephews. She had a beautiful voice, and would sing in the church choirs. Not in German, but english she was picked one Christmas Eve mass to sing. I'll never forget it, nor the moment. After she died, I never played, nor listened to Silent Night in German again, reminded me, as Christmas does for me and many the years past, and the wonderfull family memories we cherish of Christmas. I just finished listening to Stille Nacht, and memories flooded back, closing my eyes, of my mother singing. When it finished, my cheeks were wet, my eyes were briming with moisture.

Thank you Joe. You have no idea what you brought for me this Christmas by putting it on. MT

My 2 favorite Christmas albums are the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack by Vince Guaraldi and Twas The Night Before Christmas by Fred Waring from back in the 1940's, I think with the classic Normon Rockwell painting on the cover of the old album, not yet on CD, I don't think.

Also, she does a beautiful version of Christmas Time Is Here too from a few years ago......

Without a doubt, always been my favorite, John's Angelic voice and the thoughts of the range and Christmas.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YfS3Oj5jcas

Thanks Dusty that is great! I fergot all about that one!:) Rye

My brother and I used to sing this one, I guess when I was four or five.

I don't remember where we learned it or if we made it up, but it's sung to the tune of "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer"

Randolph the six-gun cowboy

had a very shiny gun

and if you ever saw it

you would turn around and run

All of the other cowboys

used to laugh and call him names

they never let poor Randolph

join in any poker games

Then one foggy Christmas Eve

Sheriff came to say

"Randolph with your gun so bright,

won't you shoot my wife tonight?"

Then all the cowboys loved him

and they shouted out with glee,

"Randolph the six-gun cowboy,

you'll go down in history!"

OK, it's silly and simple, but since it's cowboy related and this IS the Saloon - there ya go.

Hi-Yo and Awwwaaaaayyyyy,

TMM

I love Christmas music. It's hard to choose but right now my favorites:

Mary, Did You Know?

Go Tell It On the Mountain.

I have a Christmas CD titled "A Cowboy Christmas" that I got when we were in Colorado Springs a few years back. It's by the Flying W Wranglers. It's my favorite Christmas CD.

CPK

WOW! Thanks for posting Silent Night in German. I'm not usually an emotional person. But my mother would sing to us kids, Silent Night, and O Christmas Tree, each year at Christmas. Later to Nieces and Nephews. She had a beautiful voice, and would sing in the church choirs. Not in German, but english she was picked one Christmas Eve mass to sing. I'll never forget it, nor the moment. After she died, I never played, nor listened to Silent Night in German again, reminded me, as Christmas does for me and many the years past, and the wonderfull family memories we cherish of Christmas. I just finished listening to Stille Nacht, and memories flooded back, closing my eyes, of my mother singing. When it finished, my cheeks were wet, my eyes were briming with moisture.

Thank you Joe. You have no idea what you brought for me this Christmas by putting it on. MT

Marshal, now you got me crying. Thank you for sharing that with me. And I'm glad I was able to help you relive some special moments.

And Merry Christmas, sir.

Archived