SASS Wire Forum

Christmas songs

Rye Miles #13621

I'd have to go with "The Christmas Song" (ya know chestnuts roasting....) with The Lil' Drummer boy a close second. Christmas music is great, I love it.....you??

Merry Christmas Saloon pards!!! Rye B)

Hands down, its "Silent Night". Nothing else even comes close.

I'd have to go with "The Christmas Song" (ya know chestnuts roasting....) with The Lil' Drummer boy a close second. Christmas music is great, I love it.....you??

Merry Christmas Saloon pards!!! Rye B)

I agree with you on The number one song... But I like It came upon a midnight clear. too... course if you move on to other kinds of songs I like rockin around the christmas clock.. lol... I like Brenda Lees voice..

I'm kinda partial to white christmas by bing crosbey.? Sp? Then lil drummer boy. Christmas is the only time you don't have to twist my arm to sing. I love all the classics.

There's one called "Christmas in the Trenches" by John McCutcheon. It's about WWI and an informal Christmas cease fire between the Brits and the Germans. It makes me a little misty when I hear it.

-Visalia Jake

I heard "God rest ye merry gentlemen" sung by a great singer when I was little and ever since I've like that song.

There's one called "Christmas in the Trenches" by John McCutcheon. It's about WWI and an informal Christmas cease fire between the Brits and the Germans. It makes me a little misty when I hear it.

-Visalia Jake

I gotta look that one up.. thanksl..

For me it is

I saw Three Ships

as I had to learn it for a school recital and sing it all alone in front of strangers with no music just a not on a pitch pipe to set me off I am told I had a nice High soprano voice in the third grade though for some reason it was referred to a treble :rolleyes:

any way it was the first song I learned by heart (all verses too) so it is still my favorite

Oh, my gosh.. I use to play a song by Jerimahs people .. I think it was Suffer the children.. thy kindgom is my home I will not foresake them .. my heart is their home.. I remember a verse... We must be like the children , like t he children trust so far.. ... for only the children can trust quite so far can bare to believe.. I loved the song and have searched for the sheet music for a decade.. yikes not even sure they did it.. Okay.. I am not sure.. but those verses are kinda sorta in the song.. lol... So is bowling for blessings.. lol.. It was a great play... and a great album..

"O Holy Night"

I am not a religious man, but there are points in that song that bring me to tears.

Very cool.... growing up I will never forget the plays (got to be and angel in a play) and the songs... coming from a child the song is powerful. the emotion is so true.. cuz as they say.. Only the Children can trust quite so far, can dare to believe... We lose a bit of our child over the years.. a song like this brings it all back...

The worst thing about the season is the endless parodies of Christmas carols on commercials selling everything from cars to deodorant. I just hate it. They're not clever, or original, or entertaining, just stupid. :angry:

The worst thing about the season is the endless parodies of Christmas carols on commercials selling everything from cars to deodorant. I just hate it. They're not clever, or original, or entertaining, just stupid. :angry:

I dunno Utahs.. how to fix that.. maybe cut the cord to the TV.. turn off the radio and the internet? Nah.. none of that is reasonable is it? All I can say is all I ever can do is I look the other way. When I am hurt, or dislike what is going on around me I look away from it and pretend I am not a part of the that world. does it hurt still, yes it does..and does it still exist yeah.. it does do that too.l but I can't fix stupid.. I don't try anymore... I simply move on to smart people it is all I can do.. AND I pray stupid can fix itself.. cuz I can't do it...

I tried once or twice .. okay fine more than twice to fix stupid... but I ended up being the once who got hurt and paid the price for it.. Not doing it anymore.. simply going to look the other way and let stupid be stupid.. I intend to enjoy my family all of you Sass pards and let stupid dogs do what they think is best.. cuz i can't help them.. they are too busy destroying themselves and everyone around them with games, and ads. and little jiggles ... to suck us in to thinking their world of "stuff" is what it is all about... I HATE games.. they hurt and I HATE fakes.. but I understand them now at least.. So... when you see an ad.. remember they are STUPID and you CAN'T FIX IT.. Simply enjoy real friends, family ...and laugh at the idiots with the dull messages on "stuff" and wht you should want out of life..

I'd be interestedt to hear that.

Oh .. boy this should be good.. lol

Well if one of the family happens to take a vid I'll post it. Or maybe I'll take a vid when I go practice.

Lyrics please?? lol

I have two that have a lot of meaning for me.

Oh Holy Night

O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,

It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.

Long lay the world in sin and error pining.

Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,

For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.

Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!

O night divine, the night when Christ was born;

O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming,

With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.

O'er the world a star is sweetly gleaming,

Now come the wisemen from out of the Orient land.

The King of kings lay thus lowly manger;

In all our trials born to be our friends.

He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger,

Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!

Truly He taught us to love one another,

His law is love and His gospel is peace.

Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.

And in his name all oppression shall cease.

Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,

With all our hearts we praise His holy name.

Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we,

His power and glory ever more proclaim!

The other is I'll Be Home for Christmas.

Well if one of the family happens to take a vid I'll post it. Or maybe I'll take a vid when I go practice.

Please please please please........That was one of my favorites to sing the second voice to.

I have two that have a lot of meaning for me.

Oh Holy Night

O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,

It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.

Long lay the world in sin and error pining.

Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,

For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.

Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!

O night divine, the night when Christ was born;

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming,

With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.

O'er the world a star is sweetly gleaming,

Now come the wisemen from out of the Orient land.

The King of kings lay thus lowly manger;

In all our trials born to be our friends.

He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger,

Truly He taught us to love one another,

His law is love and His gospel is peace.

Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.

And in his name all oppression shall cease.

Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,

With all our hearts we praise His holy name.

Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we,

The other is I'll Be Home for Christmas.

BMC.. thanks.. you have me beat.. lol.. And yeah I;'ll be home for Christmas.. man the past is the best..

O Holy Night is my favorite...

Though my daughter and I are partial to 'Silent Night' too - which we sang two years ago at church together :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/PJAgnew#p/u/14/oDCpwF-mTIQ

GG ~ :FlagAm:

It's hard to beat Bing and White Christmas... but for an upbeat song, I like Andy Williams' "Happy Holidays"... Which is equally strange as I hate that phrase when Merry Christmas is meant...

Vaya con Dios

O Holy Night is my favorite...

Though my daughter and I are partial to 'Silent Night' too - which we sang two years ago at church together :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/PJAgnew#p/u/14/oDCpwF-mTIQ

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Protect that recording with your life. It's precious beyond words.

Archived