SASS Wire Forum

All you can drink buffet

Whiskey Business

There are all these all you can eat buffets, why not one with, well, likker? It would have all the good stuff (yes Hawk, Bulliet), and garnishes like maraschino cherries, olives and those little paper umbrellas for the frooty drinks.

Oh, and passin out on the tables is perfectly acceptable.

It's called a wedding! At least if it is a good one that has an open bar.

Closest thing to a booze buffet I ever came across was a cantina down in Old Mesilla NM a few years back.

They had about a hunnert different Tequilas that you could taste in flights of 3 or 4 for a pretty good price. I think it was called La Posta or something.

Good thing the wife wasn't drinkin that night! :lol:

There are all these all you can eat buffets, why not one with, well, likker? It would have all the good stuff (yes Hawk, Bulliet), and garnishes like maraschino cherries, olives and those little paper umbrellas for the frooty drinks.

That is what we have in the saloon at "White Horse Ranch" :)

Seriously. Booze is not sold there. But there is LOTS of it and lots of the drinking of it. If somone drinks . . then they are expected to bring what they drink and to bring more than enough. Thus the saloon is always well stocked with just about anything one might want. I stopped drinking alcohol a number of years ago. I make sure there is also a good supply of sparkling cider and fruit drinks for those others that may show up but not be consumers of alcohol. :)

There are plent of accomidations for those who over consume. Wearing guns in the saloon is acceptable attire. Puking in the street is acceptable behavior. I've been known to sit in front of the saloon drinking my Sunday morning coffee and watch a fully historically attired and heeled cowboy who is obviously very hung over staggering up the street while drinking his first "morning after" beer.

ps. Whisky Business, . . when air ya commin' ta visit ? The ranch is not open to the public, .. ya need and invitation. I can invite. Contact me if'n ya can ever get down that way. :)

Sounds like a get together with my Texas cousins.

Them "we need to stop at the liquor store and pick up a thing or two"

Me, "OK"

Half an hour later we walk out with two carts full.

That is what we have in the saloon at "White Horse Ranch" :)

Seriously. Booze is not sold there. But there is LOTS of it and lots of the drinking of it. If somone drinks . . then they are expected to bring what they drink and to bring more than enough. Thus the saloon is always well stocked with just about anything one might want. I stopped drinking alcohol a number of years ago. I make sure there is also a good supply of sparkling cider and fruit drinks for those others that may show up but not be consumers of alcohol. :)

There are plent of accomidations for those who over consume. Wearing guns in the saloon is acceptable attire. Puking in the street is acceptable behavior. I've been known to sit in front of the saloon drinking my Sunday morning coffee and watch a fully historically attired and heeled cowboy who is obviously very hung over staggering up the street while drinking his first "morning after" beer.

ps. Whisky Business, . . when air ya commin' ta visit ? The ranch is not open to the public, .. ya need and invitation. I can invite. Contact me if'n ya can ever get down that way. :)

Wolfgang, I'd love to visit y'all! If my schedule from heck let's up, I'm there. Flights from Atlanta to there are cheap, but I'd rather drive iffin you know what I mean.

Thank ya , W.B. fer memberin' me wif dat fine drink !

Da only thin' I know close to da was a thing called da "Booze Cruise ".

It starts near Diamond Head in Hawaii.

Yur driven down da street a git a free drink at every bar on one side of da street, den back up da other side doin' da same thing.

Den ya git on a boat dat holds 1000 or so , go out a ways to sea , and drink and play sexy games , and drink somemore !

Yup...................good times !!

Check out the 30th Annual Great American Beer Festival in Denver.

http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/

2011 Festival sold out in one week.

More than 2,200 beers will be in the festival hall—the biggest selection of American beers ever served.

36,000 gallons of beer.

49,000 attendees expected (includes ticketed attendees, brewers, judges, volunteers and journalists).

470+ U.S. breweries serving in the festival hall

I'll be there !

I used to could drink a whole lot, built up a tolerance for it. I had some good times or so they told me the next morning through the pounding in my head.

I drink less in a year now than I did in some weekends back in the day. Heck, some years less than some long lunch hours back in the day.

You are padding the tables right? lol

I used to could drink a whole lot, built up a tolerance for it. I had some good times or so they told me the next morning through the pounding in my head.

I drink less in a year now than I did in some weekends back in the day. Heck, some years less than some long lunch hours back in the day.

=======================================================

I've cut way back on my alcohol consumption from when I was younger myself. What beer drinking I do now is in the summer after a hot day of yard work and/or with the grill fired up and some meat cookin'. My liquor drinking is mostly done in the winter. I've grown particularly fond of a hot toddy on a cold winter's night to ward off the clammydamps.

On dat "Booze Curise" , der was even number of ladies to men.

So bout half way through, I can't remember what happened.

But never woke up alone.....................................had to chew my arm off a few times , but never alone ! B)

I remember part of a bachelor party like that. Was working evenings at a pizza place and was drinking beer as I worked, then went to the party where they had cases of champagne, I made it my personal responsibility to make sure they didn't have any left over. Woke up in the back of my own truck watching the sun rise up on a mountain top miles away from where the party was.

Edit, no, I didn't drive there, my buddies did who were much less wasted than I was.

well Badger, thas tha beauty of drinkin' now.

We can afford the high dollar booze...an airy body knows ya dont get hangovers drinkin' the quality stuff. ;)

I don't think I got that memo, Bobb. I did learn, somewhere in the jungle, to avoid sugar in my drinks and stick with straight whiskey and maybe a tad of ice. I also learned that it was physically impossible for me to drink all of the alcohol in sight, and to remain verticle.

Reminds me of "nickel beer night" at the old Cleveland Stadium where they has to stop the game cause so many fans rushed the field, drunk and in a stuper!!!:wacko:

Still an all you can drink buffet does have some appeal to it! What time does it start?:lol:

Whiskey girl, You've just described the saloon at Possum Trot during Smokeout In The Hills! :o:wub::lol:B)

Back in the day, early 1960s, a quart of Johnny Walker Black was an after dinner drink while waiting for the party to start when the serious drinking began.

Now, I would die!

Ah yes, Johnnie Walker. Great Gentleman. I know him well.

When leaving to come back to the states, my frend, Red Schultz and me own self, went to the class VI store in Augsburg, and rescued each a bottle of JW Black and JW Red. Sadly, neither of them survived the train ride to Bremerhaven. They may still be interred there. Burial at sea did not seem like a good idea at the time.

Yeah, that's JUST what we need here! :blink::wacko:

I've been to an all inclusive resort or two in the Caribbean that were that way. You can also go on some high end cruises that are all inclusive including booze. 'Course I'm sure you could buy a truckload at the local water hole for what one costs. :angry:

JHC

Yeah, that's JUST what we need here! :blink::wacko:

I've been to an all inclusive resort or two in the Caribbean that were that way. You can also go on some high end cruises that are all inclusive including booze. 'Course I'm sure you could buy a truckload at the local water hole for what one costs. :angry:

JHC

Yep, law of economics. SOMEBODY is gonna have to pay for it all, somewhere down the line. On a cruise, you get to be SOMEBODY.

Also describes somewhat the Howling Wolf and the great Howl at the Moon brandy.....

Sometimes all you can drink ends up being all you can barf. Not that I have any experience in that :blink:

well some owlhoot just brought over a bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey,

tryin' ta get our wimmen intoxecated no doubt. :blush:

Could this be an ENZYTE moment for living LARGE?

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

Archived