SASS Wire Forum

What were your first guns?

My first gun was a Buck Rogers Sonic Ray Gun.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/Toy%20Guns/sonicray-2.gif

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/Toy%20Guns/MyFirstGun.jpg

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/Toy%20Guns/BuckRogerssonicRayGuns.jpg

Now, I would have wanted the black or maybe the red one, but the yellow one matched the helmet I got with it on my 7th birthday.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/Toy%20Guns/Renwal20Helmet201.jpg

My first BB Gun was a Daisy Red Ryder Lever, what else.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/Toy%20Guns/DaisyRedRyderBBGun-1.jpg

My first real gun was a Ruger 10-22, like the top one.

Later it looked like the bottom one.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/Ruger10-22BeforeAfter.jpg

My first handgun was a Colt Python .357 Magnum 4' Royal Blue.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/Colt_Python.jpg

My first hunting rifle was a Monarch BSA .30-06 Bolt Action.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/MonarchBSA30-06BoltActionRifle.jpg

My first Shotgun was a Remington 870 Express Combo 12 ga.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/870_exp_combo.jpg

Guest Copper Mart

Remington 512 Targetmaster .22, purchased with my own money ($8.10)from Lee Allen's Hardware. I was 8 years old.

Got a BB gun the following Christmas 'cause mom said .22 shells were getting too expensive. Dad bought me a

Winchester 37 in 16 the spring after my 11th birthday. Still have them both.

Mart...

Cap guns, then a dart gun both toys. Next a Daisy BB gun, then a 22 rifle and a 410 shotgun... fired a 12 gauge side by side before I was 10 and it hurt.. lol Didn't hold it right I would guess.. lol A SW nickel plated 38, Ruger Blackhawk, Cheap Derrigner but I do not know the name of it. 3030 Marlin lever action, CZ 22, Uberta 45's, EMF Rifle, Cheap crummy shotgun, winchester shot gun pump blued and pretty, Ruger 357's, Marlin 45, then a marlin 38, Spiler and Burr Cap and ball .32, EMF shotgun, and added as of today 22 Colt single shot derringer.. I think that is it..

Johnny Eagle .45ACP that had the little snap together cartridges. Still got it, cartridges are long gone. First real gun was a Marlin/Glenfield .22 bolt action. Still got it, too, with a Weaver .22 tip off scope....

My first was a H&R 12ga single shot. Went from that to my dad's old Remington 1100 when we bought him a new 1100 for christmas one year. First rifle was a Parker Hale 30.06. First handgun was a Smith and Wesson Highway patrolman. Still have them all.

As a small child, had capguns galore. One or two of them actually worked. :lol: Also had a couple of the Mattel Tommy guns where you had to pull the bolt back, and they made the "rat-a-tat" sound. I don't remember who made it, but I also had a tripod-mounted Browning 50-cal replica toy machine gun where you loaded these plastic bullets into the belt, and the gun would actually "fire" the bullets. Now THAT was a cool toy!

First gun that fired any kind of projectile was a Crosman BB repeater. It was under the tree at Christmas when I was 11. I think my dad still has it, believe it or not.

First real fireatm of any kind was an old Winchester Model 24 shotgun, 20 gauge. Killed many a squirrel and rabbit with that thing. I got it when I was 16, gave it to my dad, he still has it as well.

First handgun I ever bought was a Taurus PT-99. Bought it in 1992, still have it.

First rifle was a rebuilt Glenfield 30-30. Sold it a long time ago.

I started with so many toy guns and cap guns that I can't even remember.

Then for Christmas (10 years old maybe) I got a Daisy Pal BB gun. (never had a Red Ryder). Had a number of other BB guns til I was 16 when I bought my first real rifle. I saved for a long time, mowed lawns and everything else I could think of. When I had $150, me and dad went to the gun shop. I picked out an Iver Johnson lever action 22. Kinda foreshadowed my cowboy future, passed right by all the semi auto's to get a lever action! My next Rifle was my first centerfire, a Lee Enfield #4 rifle.

My first handgun (again I paid for it) was a Ruger Mark II. My next handgun was my first centerfire, a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag. You want to learn to shoot a centerfire handgun, do it with a 44 magnum!

Lets see....

My first toy gun was a stick, used stick guns alot back then.

Assortment of cap guns.

Had a Crossman 1911 style BB/Pellet/dart gun like probably alot of folks here did.

First real gun was a marlin bolt action magazine fed .22 rifle, wish I still had it, it got rusty and somewhere in the process of getting it cleaned, reblued, and the stock refinished it disappeared.

First handgun was a Dan Wesson .357 mag blued with 6 inch barrel. Still have it.

My first two guns, and I can't recall which one I got first.

A Remington Rolling block .22, Model 4, which I still have in the safe.

A Daisy BB gun. Not a Red Ryder, they were too expensive. This was a

plain Jane with a not so fancy stock. I asked Dad for an upgrade to a

Fancy AAA+ Walnut stock, but he just said "Shut up and shoot!"

Not the first cap guns I ever had, but a set I remember well - two Pony Boy cap guns in a 'Lone Ranger' style holster.

As a kid I was pretty rough on my toys, but I picked a set up a few years ago for nostalgia's sake:

Here is a shot of the complete rig

Here the cap guns are out of the holsters

Hi-Yo and Awaaaay,

TMM

My first real gun was a Glenfield model 80 bolt action .22.

I bought it when I was 16. I had a choice buy the rifle or go to the prom.

I still have the gun. My first handgun was a Ruger Single Six convertible. I bought it on my 21st birthday. I still have that one also.

HTH

I too was hard on my toys.

Notable toys included, a Mark shoot-n-shell rifle,

a Marx tommy gun,a Jonny Seven OMA, and a Daisy air gun that I soon figured out would shoot dirt clods.

(gave the cat hell with that one)

Cant say how many cap guns I destroyed.

Didnt take too long to realize that roll caps made a lot more noise if you hit the entire roll with a ball pein hammer.

<probably my start to hearing loss>

First BB gun was a Daisy pump that was Grand Pa Ramseys.

First 22 was a family Stevens Favorite, then an old gallery 22 winchester short.

First rifle I purchased was a Ruger 10-22 - still have,

Pistol: Mark-1 ruger

Shotgun: single shot .410 stevens.

Dutch

My first two guns, and I can't recall which one I got first.

A Remington Rolling block .22, Model 4, which I still have in the safe.

A Daisy BB gun. Not a Red Ryder, they were too expensive. This was a

plain Jane with a not so fancy stock. I asked Dad for an upgrade to a

Fancy AAA+ Walnut stock, but he just said "Shut up and shoot!"

Badger, I was in the same boat. I still have my plain jane Daisy, it won't hardly shoot a BB, but the memories are priceless.

I was five years old when my mom got me a KAPOP Gun. It shot ping pong balls and I stayed in trouble with it for a long long time! :rolleyes: It worked by squeezing hard and making the ping pong ball pop out from air pressure. If you held it just right and pounded it with your other fist, that ball came hurtling out at alarming speeds, and stung like the devil. I became quite the marksman between thrashings. :lol:

Savage Mod. 24DL

I got a Savage Mod. 24DL in .22/.410 for Christmas when I was 14 years old. I gave it to one of my sons for his fourteenth Christmas. He still has it and it's still in excellent shape after almost 50 years. Used it primarily for plinking and shooting cottontails back in the early 60's. Believe me, it put a lot of cottontails on the table back then.

Stevens Mod. 311 12 gauge

I got a Stevens Mod. 311 in 12-gauge for my sixteenth Christmas. Sold it to my brother-in-law years later so I could buy an Ithaca Mod. 37 in 20-gauge.

My first pistol was an 1851 Navy .36 caliber replica that I later traded for a Ruger Single-Six (three-screw model) with fixed sights. My daughter owns that one now.

Badger, I was in the same boat. I still have my plain jane Daisy, it won't hardly shoot a BB, but the memories are priceless.

:o My Daisy is long gone. My Dad picked up two, one for me and one for my cousin. We both

pestered our Dads for one until, my Dad blinked first. He and his brother often laughed about it.

That little .22 was a gift from my grandfather. It was his hog killing gun when he butchered. I would guess that rifle has killed more animals than most. I don't shoot it any more, but when I was a kid, I could dot the i with it. It got me in trouble a couple of times shooting alligator gars in the river with it. They would sink and then after a few days, float to the surface and SMELL. Being a kid and not living near there, I didn't give it a thought until someone mentioned it to my Dad. Kinda put a stop to the gar shooting. But it was a killer. :)

Cap guns galore.

My first gun was an 1836 61 cal muzzle loader that I found in my grandfathers closet. It was a conversion in that the pan was broken off of the lock, the barrel was rotated until the flash hole was up and a musket cap threaded in. A percussion hammer was broken and re-welded so that it would kinda hit the nipple squarely. I was allowed to shoot it because it wasn't a "real" gun. My 11th Christmas brought a single shot Stevens and my modern era guns began. I actually owned very few until about 1990 when I again became interested in them because of an injury that forced me to stop bow hunting.

I got a Daisy commemorative BB Gun, spitten image of a 1894, that was in 1971, it's hanging on my wall in the living room up high, everyone asks "is that your grand daddy's gun?

My first pistol was given to me by my father and it was a 1941 manufactured Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works Sealed 8 Supershot in .22lr. Nice topbreak pistol. Still have it and was the first pistol I trained my two boys on. The second firearm I owned was a 1973 manufactured Ruger 10-22.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

I got a Daisy commemorative BB Gun, spitten image of a 1894, that was in 1971, it's hanging on my wall in the living room up high, everyone asks "is that your grand daddy's gun?

Oh yeah...I forgot about my BB gun. It was the Daisy 1894, but I got mine a few years before Dusty. I want to say it was probably around 1961 or 1962, if I remember correctly. I have no idea where it eventually wound up. I'm thinking one of my younger brothers probably appropriated it while I was off to college.

My first very own deer rifle was a Mossberg bolt action in .308 that I got right out of hihg school. It got busted up pretty bad when I slipped on some ice and did a beautiful one-and-a-half gainer over a ten-foot embankment while deer hunting outside of Delta, Utah. The stock was splinters and the action never worked right after that. Picked up a Browning BLR in .308, but got rid of that and went with a Ruger M77 in .30-06. A real tack driver! My youngest son uses that one now as his all-around deer, elk, and bear rifle.

My 1st was a cap gun with holster.Then a Daisy Red Rider BB gun.My 1st real gun was when I was 12 I went to Coast to Coast and put a Winchester 20ga single shot on lay a way.Got that out just before duck season almost a year later.Followed that with a Colt Frontier Scout 22 a year later and still have that.

The first gun I shot was an 1890 Winchester pump, 22 short. It had belonged to my grandad. I still have it.

For a second there I thought you were going to say you got it brand new first year of production :D

1st was a Winchester 3030 lever actio..

Next was a M16A1 wif a M79 granade launcher..

Wif a 1911 45 auto pistol...

I think !

First ones were a bunch of cap guns plus a Daisy "pop" gun.Went on to a Fanner 50 and the Winchester from Mattel, along with the belt buckle derringer.

First real firearm was an Ithaca model 66 Super Single, 20 gauge. first handgun was a Ruger Single Six in .32 H&R mag.....Buck :blush:

I remember playing with toy cowboy cap guns, but don't remember my first ones. My first bb gun a daisy lever (not sure if it was a Red Ryder) at about age 5. My first .22 was a Stevens single shot bolt action when I turned 6. It is probably still in the posesion of the family of the police officer that took it away when I was about 15. I cut down the barrel, stock and foregrip so I could sneak it into the woods behind our subdivision to shoot squirrels. Problem was, I didn't know about the short barrel laws. I don't think it was too short, and I had done a real nice job or reinstalling the front sight and refinishing the wood. The cop told my mom that it was illeagal and he would forget about it if he could keep the gun. My first shotgun was a stevens break open 20ga single when I turned 12. When I turned 15 I got a 12ga Western Field pump made on a Browning patent. That was a long time ago and I can't recall any pictures.

I remember cap guns, bb guns, and .22s all at about the same time. And I never seemed to have any trouble telling them apart.

The first BB gun was a Daisy slide action - I think a Mod. 25, with that long slide-to-cock against a moderately heavy spring. Quite a chore for a 5 or 6 year old. The gun was almost as tall as I was. And I remember getting my fingers caught under that slide when my hand slipped. Had those parallel cuts across the backs of fingers - with 3 in 1 oil inbedded for good measure.

Howdy,

My first guns were Nichols Stallions .38.

I about wore em out helpin the Lone Ranger shoot bad guys.

I still have em and they are about junk.

They are definitly retired in favor of my slick Ruger flattops.

I would still like holsters like the Lone Ranger.

And a horse.

And a faithful Indian friend.

And figgure out how the heck he got a whole camp in those saddle bags....

Best

CR

I remember cap guns, bb guns, and .22s all at about the same time. And I never seemed to have any trouble telling them apart.

The first BB gun was a Daisy slide action - I think a Mod. 25, with that long slide-to-cock against a moderately heavy spring. Quite a chore for a 5 or 6 year old. The gun was almost as tall as I was. And I remember getting my fingers caught under that slide when my hand slipped. Had those parallel cuts across the backs of fingers - with 3 in 1 oil inbedded for good measure.

My first (BB) gun; gift for my 8th Birthday; was a Daisy Model 106.

Pure pump(slide)action. No place to trap your fingers. Down side: no mechanical advantage. Spring was tough. Had bruise on upper leg; from holding it there to cock it; most of the time. Great gun for arm strength. :ph34r: Outlasted many of the bottom of the line Daisy's my buddies had. Still shot strong when it was 15 years old.

Archived