SASS Wire Forum

The Last Stand 2011

Santa Fe River Stan,36999L

This is by far one of the BEST SHOOTS in the country and on top of that, it is the above all the best shoot off to be in or watch anywhere. For the shooter, the adrenalin rush does not stop, you have the trimbles when you unload. You will be shooting againast some of the best in the country and won't know who they are till it is over!!! Don't miss it GO if you can!!! Stan, I know you will have fun with out us, but have extra fun for me! My Badges mean a lot to me.

Wigley Down Yonder here,

Onced again I’ll be bring-en two of the badest hombres that ever robbed a 20 team mule train. Never said they were smart, that 20 team mule train they robbed, well it twerent carry-in gold, it was full of salt. And like two brother they are, they started comensen to scuffle.

But we’ll be there. By the way Throwdown is recovering nicely after his bought with Xbox-360 withdraws during the southeast regional.

I can't wait! Who's coming?

BIG and CLOSE TARGETS!

NEW BAYS!

Lots of MOVEMENT!

Lots of COWBOY ACTION!

Stan

Stan, Wigley here, you forgot to mention,

Will there be lots of actin up?

Count me in. I'm counting down the days to the match. Looking forward to seeing all the folks from around the country.

Is it true that TLS refused one entry? I heard that someone named Old Man Winter is NOT invited this year........hmm, wonder why. :blush:

Sun

Stan,

I'll be there if I can get my rifle runin'....lol. Thought I had it fixed but it's treating me like the class clown with a substitute teacher. I'm trying to get a new one but the time frame to get a great SASS rifle seems to be months (at best) not weeks so I'm starting to be up against the clock a bit. Heard a LOT of good things about yer' shoot and really hope to be there.

Let's see...

Oilskin Slicker: Check

Wool Socks (2 Pair): Check

Long Johns: Check

Extra Undershirt: Check

Heavy Winter Mittens: Check

Heavy Shirt: Check

Vest: Check

Bandana: Check

Extra Blanket: Check

Propane Hand Warmer: Check

Ok, I'm ready to go to Sunny Florida! :angry:

This will be our 5th year in a row and I can't wait even though last year was the third coldest match I have ever attended, and I'm from Maryland! The stages are always great and the gang at CFRPC are just awesome. Imagine standing at the loading table, in Sunny Orlando, Florida, trying to load your rifle with frozen hands while sleet bounces off the receiver! :lol: Even under unbelievable conditions (At least for Floridians :wub: ) they put on a great shoot and pulled through with an awesome match, although I would be willing to bet that there are probably a few down there who still haven't completely thawed out!

See Ya All There,

Dogmeat Dad, Lil Feathers, & Pyro Dex (Doo Hickey won't make it this year as he has a new baby girl!)

This is my favorite match of the year.

I have made every Last Stand since it was the FL State Championship. It is always a great time and we finally got past the coldest one ever in 2010, so no fear of that again for a long time!

Looking forward to seeing all of our Southern pards for a great time again in 2011.

Roo

You know I'll be there. I'm rooming with Wigley and the boys so pray for me. I hear Wigley snores louder than the S-3 jets he used to fly in!

The Last Stand Committee has been working their tails off on the range and I hear the new berms will be pretty cool allowing for some more movement.

Can't wait!!

Stan,

I'll be there if I can get my rifle runin'....lol. Thought I had it fixed but it's treating me like the class clown with a substitute teacher. I'm trying to get a new one but the time frame to get a great SASS rifle seems to be months (at best) not weeks so I'm starting to be up against the clock a bit. Heard a LOT of good things about yer' shoot and really hope to be there.

Don't let that stop you.......I got a rifle you can borrow! :lol:

Stan

Ill be there. Gettin my riffle this week, which was my last obsticle. Cant wait. Im going to be smoked though, will only have 3 matches under my belt but wouldnt miss it for anything. How much Ammo will i need :-)

I'll be there with both guns blazing!! I just hope you have the targets big enough and close enough that I won't miss so many. I hate those far out targets that give my guns barrel strain!!!

Stan, If Cowboy Junky needs a rifle, I probably can find one for him.

CS

Ill be there. Gettin my riffle this week, which was my last obsticle. Cant wait. Im going to be smoked though, will only have 3 matches under my belt but wouldnt miss it for anything. How much Ammo will i need :-)

That depends on how much you are going to shoot.

Main match is 100 pistol and 100 rifle with about three boxes of shotgun shells.

BUT, side matches and team events included, you may want to bring 200-300 of both rifle and pistol and maybe six boxes of shotgun.

This doesn't include the Wild Bunch match or the Black Powder match.

Well, I plan on breaking my rifle, like usual, right before the match so I might need that one! :lol:

Heck for you pard I'll let you shoot the brand damn new one. It should be great....Never been fired and it doesn't have any action work so you won't have to worry about anything breaking on you......

Stan (who'll do anything for a pal!) :angry:

PS one more thing you won't have to worry about is popping the primers as the hammer spring is STOUT.

Fast Eddie and I are signed up and roaring to go. Looing forward to seeing all our Fla pards.

McKenzie

PS Hay Ziggy, see if you can posse with us. Would love to shoot with ya again

Well, I'll be flying north the 15th for Christmas and flying back the 31st, so unless I make the news big time, I should be, Imma planning tu be, Iffn the crick dunt rise, I'll be thar. Really lookin fowert tu et!

Cheyenne

I'll be there even if its too cold for my hands to not work well enough to look like its my first match........EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that make any sense?

Oh heck I'll be there

Wyatt

I will be there whether I am able to shoot or not. Looking forward to seeing everyone.....even Wyatt and Sam....I'll be the one in the yellow shirt.

KK

I will be there whether I am able to shoot or not. Looking forward to seeing everyone.....even Wyatt and Sam....I'll be the one in the yellow shirt.

KK

That does it! I can't stand no more!

I got two choices

C. Start working on butt ugly shirt jokes......PM's welcome :FlagAm:

2. Buy a butt ugly shirt

5b. Buy more than one butt ugly shirt........don't know if that can be done in just over a month!

A. Give KK a Bear Hug when I see him

Wyatt

That does it! I can't stand no more!

I got two choices

C. Start working on butt ugly shirt jokes......PM's welcome :rolleyes:

2. Buy a butt ugly shirt

5b. Buy more than one butt ugly shirt........don't know if that can be done in just over a month!

A. Give KK a Bear Hug when I see him

Wyatt

I vote for the jokes....I'm not chasin women at the moment, but I'm damn sure not gonna start huggin guys in ugly shirts....lol. It will be good to see ya Wyatt....I'm doing well and should be back to normal (or as close as possible) by last stand. Excited about being in the warm weather and seeing all my pards.

I'll be down in less than a month.

KK

If I can find someone to print me off a app. {{{I'm gonna ride with Mose and Bella.}}} And shoot my first match in Fl..... Is there gonna be an OUTLAW Class????? if so I'm in that tooo.. I filed off all my sights. and loaded up some black powder. I'm ready for the last stand. T-Bone

Dingo, Murphy and I will be there. We love this shoot. We have been to every one since we started shooting. Even now that we live up in NC we always make it a point to come down and see our Florida pards in Jan. This is one of the best shoots in the country. Talk about fast, big and close...... We can't wait.

Sixgun :rolleyes:

Wigley down Yonder Here,

This year I will be unleashing my darker and more Evil Side at the Last Stan. Yes, I’m talking about Ricky-Bobby, SASS #87595. As most of you have already herd, I was amazing at the Southeast Regional. Why I would have even come in first place if those other 17 shooters that shot faster than I would have shot in another category, Thanks Deadwood Jake. Trying to keep up with a legend, made me shoot better than I ever had before.

Yes both boys should be with me!

O, by the way. Badlands Drifter had a physical for school so he could play La Cross. We found out that his eye sight…well that’s between him and his Dr., but he’s been beating you fast shooters by sound only. He’s blind!

Arcadia, you must really feel bad by now don’t you?

O, Yes…Zack not only do I snoor, but I sleep-walk snuggle too.

Ricky-Bobby

KK

I'll be looking fer that shirt, yer ma' good luck charm ;)

Fire (who is not coming, then is coming, then maybe ROing, then not...) ball

I may come as my alter ego of "Lucky Charms", cause if I do show, it'll be lucky... :blink:

O, Yes…Zack not only do I snoor, but I sleep-walk snuggle too.

:blink:

Thanks for the heads up - you've now been relagated to the sofa with Throwdown. Sorry kid, at least you're family!

;)

Archived