SASS Wire Forum

Cart holsters ?

I see some guncarts with holsters attached to hold pistols before or after shooting. Someone used to make fairly simple ones called gunbuckets. I'm wondering where to get such holsters for the guncart.

Horace

1 minute ago, Chancy Shot, SASS #67163 said:

I cut a piece of leather, folded it over and used fancy tacks to nail it to the side of my cart. Not really great to look at, but functional and cheap inexpensive.

Chancy

That's a great idea. I have a Tandy Leather store close to home !

IMG_5729.JPG

I've seen old, worn out holsters used a buckets - not pretty but inexpensive.

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971
  • Like 1

over the years my cart has gone thru a few transitions - same cart just different configurations , ive had holsters on / off / on and off , i like the convenience of the holsters on the outside , but they add bulk to my minimalist cart -so lately been putting them inside ....im still working on the right answer , 

I've lately decided to come up with some type of solution too. Hopefully something simple and easy to remove.

So today I was at Academy sporting goods and they had the generic leather holsters, all right hand. But then I saw a rig that holds two paintball containers; of course it is black nylon but it looked like it would hold two revolvers for $11.99. It has a waist strap.  It mounts on my guncart side and will hold two OMV's or clones very nicely.

Horace

• Like 2

I got mine from JM leather for under $25 years ago. They are made to attach with a screw in each corner. I like them alot! Don't know if Johnny is still taking work or if he just makes a bunch for stock. Looks like $35/pair now.

https://www.jm-leather.com/accessories2.htm

Edited by Eyesa Horg

54 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I got mine from JM leather for under $25 years ago. They are made to attach with a screw in each corner. I like them alot! Don't know if Johnny is still taking work or if he just makes a bunch for stock. Looks like $35/pair now.

https://www.jm-leather.com/accessories2.htm

That's a good deal !

24 minutes ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

Depending upon the design of your cart you may be able to use a pistol “rack” similar to the one sold by Rugged Gear.  Scarlett sells them, I think.

I have seen those. I have contacted JM leather. I think I will order a pair of cart holsters from him also.

Horace

I made some for my cart as my wife was dumping her pistols in the guncart and scratching up the guns.

Double Bucket.JPG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I made some for my cart as my wife was dumping her pistols in the guncart and scratching up the guns.

Double Bucket.JPGVery nice !

Horace

Very nice setup !

Horace

• Like 1

It ain't rocket surgery. Here's another idea - cut the shaft of an old pair of boots at an angle, and hammer half a dozen copper rivets into 'em. Or stitch 'em up with a piece of cord. 

I had a pair of kid's cowboy boots from Goodwill on one of my carts for awhile - already small enough to not have to cut 'em, just a screw through the pull loop to hold 'em on the cart, and that was it.

GunBucket.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

It ain't rocket surgery. Here's another idea - cut the shaft of an old pair of boots at an angle, and hammer half a dozen copper rivets into 'em. Or stitch 'em up with a piece of cord. 

I had a pair of kid's cowboy boots from Goodwill on one of my carts for awhile - already small enough to not have to cut 'em, just a screw through the pull loop to hold 'em on the cart, and that was it.

GunBucket.jpg

That's a real good idea !

i think i need a pair like those springfield slim showed and i think i have the leather here ........hmmmm , another project - mine has to fit my golf cart - there is no wood to screw it to , 

1 hour ago, WOODFOX , sass#34179 said:

These are from Springfield Slim

IMG_3166.jpg

Very nice.  Handy and simple fix to a welcomed cart attachment.