SASS Wire Forum

My turn to seek out the Prayer Posse

Great news all around. It is good to serve a living God who hears and answers prayer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Prayers for all heading up for another round. Keep the good news coming Blackwater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yazoo City Gal said:

Wonderful news all around Blackwater!  REST UP THIS WEEKEND!  Mama's coming home soon! :wub:

But get Hatfield to do the dishes you've left in the sink!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

But get Hatfield to do the dishes you've left in the sink!

OOOH!  We won’t talk about that!! :ph34r: :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

OOOH!  We won’t talk about that!! :ph34r: :rolleyes:

Good news! You better get them dishes done. Salty Sarah Callahan is narrow minded about such things. Schoolmarm might get feeling better real quick and slap a knot on yer haid! :P

JHC

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

In about 24 hours, I will be bringing Schoolmarm home!!  

In the meantime, the house is a mess and I’ve enlisted the help of the older grandson to help me with the stuff that I can’t do from the back of the knee scooter.

Hatfield has a shop full of vehicles that need his attention so folks can make it to work tomorrow. Helping me has put him behind schedule.

It’s kinda’ comforting to be getting some things back to normal.  I can’t get over how all of you have kept me going and boosted both of us when things went sideways!

It’s something that I will never forget and I can’t thank you enough!!

NOW!! I’d better get some breakfast started!  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Hang in there BW, more Prayers heading up today. It will be so nice to have Schoolmarm back home and both can back to some normalcy. Now to get that foot healed once and for all. Prayers extended for complete healing this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear everything is still going well....now praying you both keep getting well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just got off the phone with Schoolmarm!  Today is celebration day! All the therapy people came into her room this morning. They had her pack up all of the stuff that she will be taking home, straighten up the room, take a shower, and put on fresh clothes!

She is now through with physical and occupational therapy. It sounded like she had a decent breakfast, but said that lunch was rubber chicken, and she wasn’t gonna eat it.

She is ready to be home, and we are both excited to be finally returning to some semblance of normalcy!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Yay! :D What great news! Thanks. Welcome home Schoolmarm!:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is fantastic, not gonna quit praying for you guys until that foot is healed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Splendid news. I ‘m praying for continued recovery & lasting health for you both! Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am SO EXCITED for you TWO :wub:!  Trust me, she is NOT going to be inspecting the house but expecting her man to sit and hold her hand and say sweet nothings.  Giving me goosebumps....:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Celebration Day is RIGHT!!

Blessings on Hatfield for tending you as he has!

(Still laughing at Schoolmarm refusing to eat RUBBER CHICKEN! Don't blame her one little bit!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prayers back up today for continued healing and more good news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get her a great meal, all her favorites. Get a takeout if she doesn't want to go to  a restaurant.   Coddle her and be sure that  we are still praying for her  health.

• Thanks 3

HOME AT LAST!!!!

It took two plus hours to get her released!!  All the paperwork and getting instructions from two separate therapists and the case manager took nearly an hour and then she had to wait on people to finally get around to gathering up her stuff and get her into the obligatory wheelchair for the ride to the front door for another hour!!

Of all things, she decided that she wanted KFC for lunch on the way home!!  She said that it’s the best chicken she’s had in a month!!  :rolleyes: :lol:

There’s STILL a ways to go before she is really back to par, but she’s ecstatic to be home with her dog and her stuff!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

:D Fantastic Blackwater! Give Schoolmarm a big hug and smile from Eyesa & Ellie :wub:. We are so happy to hear she is finally back home. That was a long and scary road. Prayers to continue for her complete healing and hopes that your foot gets better real soon as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news Pard.

Now both of you concentrate on getting 100%

We'll continue with our prayers for both of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news indeed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Schoolmarm doing a wheelie in the wheelchair  waving while leaving the hospital with a big smile would be great to see..I hope you got a pic BW...great news friend, the best to both of ya'..come to think of it maybe wrap your foot in Vegemite...that'll fix it !!!:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Back up for another round of Prayers BW and Schoolmarm. Bet it's nice to be home together again.

EH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best night’s sleep either of us has had in a month or more!!

No nurses waking either of us up to take our vitals! No sitting around, worrying about how the other is doing!  Back to sleeping in our own bed!!

The coffee pot was on when I came into the kitchen, (I don’t drink it, but it’s part of the normal morning around here)! There was real food to be had for breakfast!  I don’t have to load up and drive to the hospital!!

There’s still a lot of recovery to get done, but…

and y’all are the ones to thank for it!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Best night’s sleep either of us has had in a month or more!!

No nurses waking either of us up to take our vitals! No sitting around, worrying about how the other is doing!  Back to sleeping in our own bed!!

The coffee pot was on when I came into the kitchen, (I don’t drink it, but it’s part of the normal morning around here)! There was real food to be had for breakfast!  I don’t have to load up and drive to the hospital!!

There’s still a lot of recovery to get done, but…

and y’all are the ones to thank for it!!

The video/song hit my heart , thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keep us posted on the Recovery Road for both of you!

• Like 2

Schoolmarm had a pretty good day today.  I could tell that she was a little bit let down after getting home yesterday, but she was up early this morning and she took the dog out first thing! 

She fixed herself some toast and jam for breakfast and made out a shopping list for Hatfield to take to the store. 

She had soup and an orange at lunch and she drank water and an orange soda.

She fixed a pulled pork sandwich for supper and we watched the first episode of Masters of the Air.

I did some chores and finished up the dishes.  I have to do everything from the scooter or sit on a stool, so it takes some doing to get some things done.  More time than anything.

Foot doc in the morning!  We’ll have to leave here at 6:30 , so I’m shutting things down and getting ready to turn in.

Not too bad for the first full day at home! B)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Prayers back up for Schoolmarm's continued recovery and for good news with your foot today. Wishing and praying each day brings improvement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

YEP!!  The Boobie was very happy to see her mommy!!

My visit with the foot doctor this morning went pretty well!  She was pleased with how it’s healing and said that the present stitches will probably come out next week.  She plans to close the remaining incision next week when the tissue has strengthened enough to hold sutures.

Schoolmarm was my helper this morning. She was able to load and unload the knee scooter for me since I’m not supposed to put any pressure on the foot.  As a reward, (and because I want her to eat and drink more like her doctor wants her to) I got her a couple of breakfast burritos on the way home.  They’re small and she ate one of ‘em before we got back to the house!

Altogether, a pretty good morning!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good news Blackwater!! Keep it coming Pard. 

• Thanks 1