SASS Wire Forum

Made a new pair of holsters

Augustus Nichols

Been using a mismatched pair since I started. Looked at several brands and talked to other shooters about what they liked/didn't like about theirs and made my own. Dabbled in some leather before but not to this extent. Really happy with how they turned out

20231127_174100.jpg

Nice work, I love the color and the way you faded it out to dark brown along the edges, looks like they have a nice flair at the mouth and should reholster well

29 minutes ago, Oak Ridge Regulator said:

Nice work, I love the color and the way you faded it out to dark brown along the edges, looks like they have a nice flair at the mouth and should reholster well

Thank you. I used an airbrush for the dye to get that fade in the color. The mouths are definitely "funneled". One of my old holsters had a tendency to hang  up when re holstering so I flared these pretty well 

Very nice work.  I would be interested to see the back and side view of one of the holsters.  I'm always curious to see how other leather guys construct their holsters.

6 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Very nice work.  I would be interested to see the back and side view of one of the holsters.  I'm always curious to see how other leather guys construct their holsters.

Here ya go

20231128_165159.jpg

20231128_165225.jpg

Archived