SASS Wire Forum

Did Georgia Arms shut down

4 Mile Drifter

I started in this game quite late in life. While I haven't participated since our move East I still get great enjoyment when I go target shooting with my OMV's and '66 in our woods. because I started so late I never learned to reload my own ammo. A pard used to load for me for the cost of bullets, primers & powder, but that's not available anymore. 

I have bought ammo from Georgia Arms for a long time.  And when I saw they were going to be at a gun show near me at the end of the month I went to their website to check prices and availability. What I found was an "under construction" home page.  I've tried calling but nobody returns calls.  I've tried emailing but haven't gotten a response that way either.  So before I trek up to the show (not looking for guns, just ammo) I was hoping somebody here could tell me if Georgia Arms shut down or if they have a better way to contact them if they are still in business.

Thanks for any help y'all can provide,

4 Mile Drifter

Under construction usually doesn't mean out-of-business.  Hackers often damage a website requiring the firm to restore it.  Their website had this banner this morning.

image.png.9f0d20546aea40efc25b39020973e518.png

It looks like they cannot supply you for awhile.  Consider Bullets by Scarlet (an East Coast CAS supplier) or Cowboy Choice Ammunition.  Bang and Clang will reload your brass.  BTW, Winchester is currently shipping low noise, low recoil AAs.  Time to stock up.

For just plinking in the woods jacketed bullets will work.  These are much more available than the all-lead bullets we shoot in CAS.  You should be able to find them in a nearby sporting goods store.

3 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Dude - did you hit the link that I provided???

Phantom

I did...did you hit the link I provided? Did click the "shop with us" button on the link you posted?

Maybe try this link:  https://georgia-arms.com/cowboy-loads-sass/

As the OP stated...they aren't selling cowboy ammo and your link does not prove otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

I did...did you hit the link I provided? Did click the "shop with us" button on the link you posted?

Maybe try this link:  https://georgia-arms.com/cowboy-loads-sass/

As the OP stated...they aren't selling cowboy ammo and your link does not prove otherwise.

You linked https://georgia-arms.com/

I linked https://www.georgiaarmsvillarica.com/

The OP asked if "They" were shut down...my post addressed that question.

Try stopping yourself from reading more into folk's posts.

Oy...

Phantom

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Try stopping yourself from reading more into folk's posts.

You are right, I will try to do better.  I apologize for reading more into your post than you intended.  I read that you were trying to be helpful to the OP, I see my mistake now.

Looks like they have a temporay shop set up and going to a few gun shows. Also rebuilding.

Check their Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100059036481454

25 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

With No available product listed. Keep drilling down and there is nothing for sale. 

Being "Up and Running" has nothing to do with what is available for sale. 

There is also a note at the top of their website that states that they had a fire...etc, etc.

So...since I was simply addressing the PO's question about the website being "under construction"...what exactly is the point of your post?

Phantom

6 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

There is also a note at the top of their website that states that they had a fire...etc, etc.

So...since I was simply addressing the PO's question about the website being "under construction"...what exactly is the point of your post?

Phantom

frustratedgif.gif.2e9385bbadfe91f5c9117ef46f6935bc.gif

5 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Seems to be...up and running :rolleyes:

They are definitely not up and running.

When they had their fire the fire Department got there in short order but had to wait until all of the loaded ammo quit popping off before they could even approach the fire to try to distinguish the flames.  The fire burned at will for some time.

When I first purchased from them 38 Special Ammo was $11.00 per 50.  Then it went up to $13.50 and by this Spring it was up to $31.00 per 50.  The last time I met them face-to-face their 44-40 Ammo was $99.99 per 50.

I started buying from Scarlett and Choice Ammo.

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Phantom

The PO wanted to buy cartridges from them from the website as we have all in the past. Since you can’t find any product and it does have the message on top of the website that they only have product at their brick & mortor  location his question about their continuing to be in business was what he was looking for!  

57 minutes ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

frustratedgif.gif.2e9385bbadfe91f5c9117ef46f6935bc.gif

Oh...sorry...what exactly are you trying to say?

Words work better at communicating one's actual thoughts...that is unless you like ambiguity which cute little GIF's are great.

Phantom

4 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

The PO wanted to buy cartridges from them from the website as we have all in the past. Since you can’t find any product and it does have the message on top of the website that they only have product at their brick & mortor  location his question about their continuing to be in business was what he was looking for!  

Actually, the OP had multiple components to it. 

I answered one.

Are you okay? 

Phantom

9 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Actually, the OP had multiple components to it. 

I answered one.

Are you okay? 

Phantom

I’m fine thanks for asking!

I knew if I asked here I'd get the information I was looking for.  Thanks to all, including the suggestions about Scarlett and Choice Ammo.  They were both on my list if Georgia Arms wasn't operational.  One of the main reasons I used Georgia Arms was I could order my ammo on their website and then pick it up at a local gun show (what I was hoping to do currently), saving the shipping costs. I guess I'll have to use one of the other options.

Many thanks to all who replied and a special thanks to Frontier Lone Rider for explaining the situation with GA.

4 Mile Drifter

I know some of you absolutely refuse to use Facebook, but many companies are abandoning websites in favor of FB. You often can find more current information on a company's FB page. Face it, any sixth-grader can post to a FB page versus a website that takes someone with special skill sets to keep current and professional looking.

50 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I know some of you absolutely refuse to use Facebook, but many companies are abandoning websites in favor of FB. You often can find more current information on a company's FB page. Face it, any sixth-grader can post to a FB page versus a website that takes someone with special skill sets to keep current and professional looking.

Maybe clubs and very small businesses...where simple information is transmitted.

Website access is near universal and formats flexible...FB...not so much. 

Phantom

• 3 weeks later...

They were at the gun show here in Richmond Virginia a few weeks ago. They had 45 Colt and 38 Special Cowboy loads for sale.

On 11/18/2023 at 6:13 PM, Cholla said:

That's their prerogative. They just need to keep in mind that they are also abandoning many of the pro-firearms people that support them. 

It can't be both ways. Either you support the 2nd or you don't. Zuckerberg is decidedly anti-gun, anti 2nd Amendment and clearly doesn't support gun rights in the least.

I guess it's like anything else these days...principles don't mean s*** when it comes to money.

By the way, 6th graders are unable to buy guns...usually...guess it depends on how much time they spent on Facebook instead of getting an education.

If I have to join Facebook to see their wares or to purchase their products...they have a long wait.

Archived