SASS Wire Forum

Could use the prayer posse again please

Eyesa Horg

More prayers on the way!  Hang in there.  She’ll need your strength and support!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw Ellie today. She is doing pretty well considering! I got to be the one to tell her that she still has the bag for another 8 months. :( That sure took the smile off her face, poor thing:wub:. But hey, at least she's still with us and heading in the right direction. She didn't get a new stoma on the right, they reused the location from the colostomy, so that's a good thing. I'm here for her! 

Thank you everybody, you all make this a bit easier and we both realize how much worse this could be.

EH

"Through sickness and health" I said "I do" 46 plus years ago and it stands today.:wub:

Chin up & will repeat prayers & thoughts…

The Prayer Posse is working once again, thank you.

Ellie is doing a bit better. A bit more pain today, but they seem to have that under control. 

When I walked in this morning, she had a big smile on her face despite the discomfort. The surgeon came in to see her with the pain management team and now tells her that the ileostomy should ONLY be for 6-8 weeks instead of months! :) Wow,was that great news.  I think we're finally on the right side of this thing. Luv U all :wub:

Eyesa

That’s the best news I’ve heard all day!!

S’more prayers to help it along!!

20 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

the ileostomy should ONLY be for 6-8 weeks instead of months! 

Fantastic!  Thanks for the update.

Holy Father, the only true physician of our souls and bodies, who cast down and lift up, accept us as we come in all humility to glorify you and thank you for preserving, by your grace, your servant Ellie through her recent operation.
We thank you for blessing the attending physicians and the means employed for her cure, and for restoring her safe and sound to her family and Church, having fended off every danger against her body and soul.
Raise herspeedily, we pray you, from the bed of illness on which she lies and return her to her home and peaceful pursuits. Grant that the suffering of her body may avail for the purifying of her soul and may lead here to return, in thanksgiving, to the works of her hands and to Christ Jesus, the Physician of soul and body.
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

Very nice SJ, thank you. Can't tell you what a relief that news was this morning.:)

Eyesa 

The Prayer Posse is the best. It's just sad that so many of us need it these days. But sure is amazing the results and how much it helps get us through these troubling times.

They moved Ellie to a 2 up room from the private room she was in. Rough nite, the roommate refuses to use the call button, just lays there and yells for the nurse instead. Had the TV on loud all night:angry:! They finally gave Ellie earplugs! Amazing! She just might get an ear full when Ellie's had enough. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when that happens!:lol:

Belated prayers for improved health for Ellie. Snip-it_1700270352899.jpg.11227d7e8a4d3a9e02a3c0a7bcfd481b.jpg

image.thumb.png.cc7aaaaaacd448f91ef34fd629a1d91b.png

I have been in the hospital and had rude, ignorant, self-absorbed patients yelling and being a general nuisance. It’s really frustrating when you’re incapacitated and really can’t do much. 
The first time I dealt with it for awhile then talked an orderly into getting me a wheelchair and I rolled next door to the screaming woman’s room and did some yelling of my own. It worked.

The second and third time I couldn’t do a wheel chair so I called the hospital administrator’s office every time the guys yelled. They got sick of me calling. They dealt with it. 
The last time this happened it was my roommate. He was a Mexican ***hole that refused to speak English even though the state was footing the bill. He was diabetic. He was about to lose both feet. The staff couldn’t figure out why his sugar levels were so high. It was because every night his family came and brought him tamales and burritos and churros. His family was very nice. He wasn’t. 
The morning I was getting out 4 doctors and 3 nurses came into the room to discuss next steps. They were baffled. The Mexican ***hole had a little closet full of yummy Mexican cuisine. 
As the orderly was wheeling me out I stopped him at the foot of the man’s bed and told the doctors all about his food stash and how he got it. The doctors thanked me while they glared at the leech. The leech glared at me and I laughed as they wheeled me out of there. 
Look up the hospital administrators number and give it to your wife, Eyesa. Trust me. It works. 

Phew, I'm exhausted!

Ellie went backwards a bit. Now has a stomach suction tube that really hurts her throat. She isn't feeling real good at all. The surgeon came in while I was there and said maybe another day. She was retaining too much fluid. Her swelling of feet and hands has gone down since yesterday. He mentioned that there was some internal bleeding, but that has appeared to stop. He indicated all is ok. And of course with the reduction of pain meds, she can really feel the staples on the incision. No good or liquids for at least another day or two. Sure hope she is feeling better tomorrow. She's a strong woman, thank God.

Keep em coming Pards, thank you.

Eyesa

‘Nother round of prayers on the way!!!

At the hospital now, expect to be pulling the suction in about 10 minutes, yay! Ellie looks and feels a bit better today. So far it looks like she best (beat) the set back. :):wub:

I’m keeping positive thoughts for both of you, wishing for a speedy & trouble free recovery from here forward!

Most appreciated. They pulled the tube this afternoon, she's feeling a little better and finally getting some rest after 3 days of this set back. I think we might finally be on the home stretch if all goes well tonight. 

Love you all,

Eyesa

Thank you

Just got back from the hospital, Ellie is feeling better still, had blood transfusion this morning to help digestive system get going after 3 days of nothing to eat or drink. Took her for a walk and she did good. Nurses are going to wheel chair her outside to see some rare sun and boost her spirits. I hoped to do it, but had to leave to prepare for meetings tonight and permission hadn't come back from docs for me to take her. It's real good to see improvement :).

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Just got back from the hospital, Ellie is feeling better still, had blood transfusion this morning to help digestive system get going after 3 days of nothing to eat or drink. Took her for a walk and she did good. Nurses are going to wheel chair her outside to see some rare sun and boost her spirits. I hoped to do it, but had to leave to prepare for meetings tonight and permission hadn't come back from docs for me to take her. It's real good to see improvement :).

I had the same procedure in 2011-2012. Wouldn’t want to go through it again but everything turned out fine. Yoy will both be in my tjoughts.

Archived