SASS Wire Forum

Western movie and tv music

Rye Miles #13621

7 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Every time I think of western movie music, I think of Paint Your Wagon and Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin  singing!

That’s singing???:lol::P

19 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

But Harve Presnell was pretty good in that movie!

You bet.  Mariah is one of my favorite Western songs.

Bonanza theme was one of the best of the TV music themes.  Got the adrenalin going! 

Can't think of any Clint Eastwood western music that wasn't great.  Even can't think of any of his non western movie music that wasn't great.  He even wrote the music for some of his movies.  Amazing man.  Heck, they say he was even a good mayor of Carmel, CA. when he was mayor there.  

Let's keep this thread going.

What's your favorite movie or TV music?

25 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

My 2 favorite TV western themes,

I’m watching the Lawman right now! Peggy Castle is a babe!!:wub:

11 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I had that record, a 45 rpm and the other side was NellyBelle sung by Pat Brady! I don't know what that had to do with Davy Crockett!

I didn't really remember the show, so I looked it up and it sounds like it would have been a lousy show. He wanders here and there all around the West, and everywhere he goes somebody says YOU'RE THAT DAMN COWARD FROM BITTER CREEK!!, and he has to prove he's not a coward. Week after week after week.

But I remembered the opening, and the song.

There's one thing they left out that they should have put in. There's a Gary Cooper movie called Springfield Rifle, and he gets drummed out of the service for cowardice. So after they take his hat and his shoulder bars and his buttons, somebody dips a cannon swabber in a bucket of yellow paint and paints a yellow stripe down the back of his coat, before they kick him out of the fort. That was a nice touch. They should have done that to Chuck.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It takes a few seconds before the actual theme comes on so be patient.

You must really like that one. You posted it 4 days ago.

On 10/15/2023 at 3:30 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

You must really like that one. You posted it 4 days ago.

Wow, hey I forgot I'm old!!:lol: I do really like it though!:)

14 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Lets not forget.

26 men! Awesome it's about the Arizona Rangers where I got my alias. Rye Miles, (Sgt. J.T. "Rye" Miles)

Bat Masterson Theme song has for decades been talked about, researched, and even those involved as star, guest stars and worked behind the camera. But the mystery lingers, who actually sung the theme song? So far, 2 names have been thought about, but still not verified.

Archived