SASS Wire Forum

Rugged gear stool -- No More?

Cholla

I was thinking of getting a Rugged Gear stool that attaches to the cart, but when I checked their website, they no longer offer them. Now they have a tripod stool but it looks very short. My knees and back kill me at times so I was hoping to find something taller, like a bar stool. Did Rugged Gear stools have issues or were they poor sellers?

4 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I was thinking of getting a Rugged Gear stool that attaches to the cart, but when I checked their website, they no longer offer them. Now they have a tripod stool but it looks very short. My knees and back kill me at times so I was hoping to find something taller, like a bar stool. Did Rugged Gear stools have issues or were they poor sellers?

Try https://www.sportshootingsupply.com/store/p/41-Rugged-Gear-Stool-with-Padded-Back-Black.aspx

LL

4 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

That's not the original one that was part of the cart. That's not much different than my folding chairs I have now that are hard to get out of. I just broke one last weekend trying to push off getting up.

This is what I am referring to. I don't know how high it can go. Maybe it wasn't that great either.

image.thumb.png.47893b7e0c7ac48b652929c05f007781.png

I have one of the original versions of this seat. What you see is as tall as it goes. While my wife tells me to use it more I often forget about it. It is spring loaded and works best if the brakes are set to stabilize everything.

I can't recall how much I paid for it but it was a preorder thing at Winter Range several years ago, so less than the website price.

BTW when I use it I like it.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Cholla,

I tried the RG stool that attaches to cart. No bueno. Way to short for my shot knees. I used a Walmart folding stool, they work. Best is a hunting stool similar to this one, but has no back and seat is rounder. But works very well. Collapses and east to carry on cart. 

https://tanglefree.com/products/flight-series-blind-stool-optifade-timber?variant=32563453919278&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQiAi8KfBhCuARIsADp-A54iARg1GVYRBTLPMrxfkB-xD69D1WufnuAS62F9BQ5qRKnm-3XB390aAr9TEALw_wcB

34 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

High folding stool.  Walmart.  $16.00.  Very easy to carry from stage to stage.

2ff95eeb-e88c-48cb-8f9d-5c612e7dbfba_1.1e6db51d6f7ea253bd7a9aeac96f03ca.jpeg.thumb.webp.18ac9983c264671e11570afd0d8c78fb.webp

this is the one I use

I've got a hook on the handle of the cart that catches the lip on the bottom of the stool.  The legs go inside the rear axle and I can transport it without having to hold on to I or dumping inside the cart

did get a cushion for my delicate butt

On 2/18/2023 at 1:40 PM, Yellowstone Vic SASS#32968 said:

Cholla,

Have you contacted Scarlett?

She sells rugged gear, possible that she has one. 

She will be vending at EOT. 

Just a thought….

@Cholla I’m pretty sure they are not discontinued - a friend got one for her boyfriend for Christmas. The GM of Rugged Gear will be with me at EOT - Tuesday and Wednesday (I think - maybe W & Thu). If I can get one to EOT do you want it? 

I’m hoping you’ll be at EOT! I owe you a couple of hugs!

Scarlett

36 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

@Cholla I’m pretty sure they are not discontinued - a friend got one for her boyfriend for Christmas. The GM of Rugged Gear will be with me at EOT - Tuesday and Wednesday (I think - maybe W & Thu). If I can get one to EOT do you want it? 

I’m hoping you’ll be at EOT! I owe you a couple of hugs!

Scarlett

I am interested if they can go high enough, but from what Hoss was saying, it doesn't sound like it. I hope to stop by EOT early on Saturday to shop and then maybe take the boat out on Lake Pleasant. Don't buy anything on my accord. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2023 at 9:08 PM, Cholla said:

I am interested if they can go high enough, but from what Hoss was saying, it doesn't sound like it. I hope to stop by EOT early on Saturday to shop and then maybe take the boat out on Lake Pleasant. Don't buy anything on my accord. 

Looks like they have some of the seats on the website and they are marked down to $49

Rugged Gear Spring Loaded Cart Seat

might indicate they have a lot in inventory they wqant to be rid of as well as poor sales - poor advertising ? the item needs updated to fit the customers demands ? 

back to the stool in question

we have awnings over our stage buildings and I like the fact I can sit myself down in the shade.  No way can we get an entire posse's gun carts under cover.

also, I'm where the action is, not stuck out on Main St with all the gun carts and no cowboys, cause they are up at the stage building.

Just a bit of advice….

The stools at Walmart are more difficult to remove the top (plastic fasteners or rivets). 

Target sells stools that the tops are attached with screws.  Much easier to add padding or change the covering. 

Price is approximately the same. Stools look the same. 

A friend with artistic talent did this for me…

image.thumb.jpeg.ac6f4de421d16d891ebf362fa191e759.jpeg

These are a couple of stools I have made for myself. I have also done several for some of my friends.

Lucky :D

Archived