SASS Wire Forum

It's Almost Friday Humor Thread

Subdeacon Joe

13 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Screenshot-20221231-015828-Instagram.jpg

Sounds like a good day to me.      GW

• Like 4

Boudreaux, an 80-year-old Louisiana Cajun, goes to the doctor for his every year check-up. The doctor is amazed at what good shape he is. "How do you stay in such great physical condition, Boudreaux?"

“I stay in de swamp and I hunt and fish every day," say de old Cajun. "Dat's why I'm in such good shape. I'm up well before daylight and out huntin' or fishin' ... all day. I have a beer wid breakfast and at lunch and wid my supper. An' I have a shot of hooch before bedtime. An' I say my prayers every night. An' dat's why all is well wid me."

“Well", says the doctor, "I'm sure the prayers help, but there's got to be more to it. How old was your father when he died?"

"Who say Pop is dead?"

The doctor is amazed. "You mean you are 80 and your father is still alive? How old he is?"

"Pop be a-hundred next month ... Fac', he hunt wid me dis mornin', and den we been to a beer joint for a while and had a few beers and dat's why he's still alive. He a tough Cajun man and he hunt and fish everyday, too.”

"Well, the doctor says, that's great! But, I'm sure there's more to it than that. How about your father's father? How old was he when he died?"

"Who said Paw Paw's dead?"

Stunned, the doctor asks, "You mean you are 80, your father is 100 and your grandfather is still living? Incredible! How old he is?"

"We tink mebbe 'bout 118," say the old Cajun. “He like his beer, too, but he don't touch de hard stuff no more."

The doctor is frustrated at this point, "So, I guess your grandfather went hunting and fishing with you and your father this morning, too?"

"Naw ... Paw Paw couldn't go dis time. He gettin' married today."

Now, the doctor is close to losing it ... "Getting married! Why would a 118-year-old man want to get married?"

Boudreaux, he look down at de floor and mumble ...

"Who said he wanted to.”

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That's a cute commercial. I wonder, though, why everyone was speaking English. I looked up the Maestro Burger. It says it was a limited edition thing in the Netherlands.

Funny, but I thought they spoke Dutch there.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That's a cute commercial. I wonder, though, why everyone was speaking English. I looked up the Maestro Burger. It says it was a limited edition thing in the Netherlands.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/112671151/McDonalds-Maestro-burger

I think they also released that ad in Denmark and a couple of other countries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

My experience is that the Dutch are proud of their language skills and are offended if you try to speak Dutch.

There were three Dutch programmers visiting us in NH. We went to lunch, they asked the waitress if she had any Dutch beers. She said no, so they asked about German beers. The first word out of her mouth was “Heineken.”

Edited by Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

A man is sitting on his porch when he notices two blondes working down the road. They both have shovels. One of them digs a hole and the other immediately fills it in. The man watches them for a few hours and finally approaches them, "You guys look like you're working hard. But I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish."

One of the blondes replies, "Well there's usually three of us, but the one that plants the trees is sick."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

humor Rudy kilowatt.png

I have a stack of stickers of this and randomly place them near outlets and powerboxes here at work.  They are still all up and I havent heard anybody say anything about them.  I'm guessing warning labels are generally ignored no matter what they warn of.

Maybe I will put one in the safety guy's office and see if he notices it....

• Like 4
  • Haha 3