SASS Wire Forum

It's Almost Friday Humor Thread

Subdeacon Joe

On 2/10/2023 at 1:28 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

FB_IMG_1676046398089.thumb.jpg.76995869a9b7360fcd89a3d80999600d.jpg

FB_IMG_1676045426446.jpg.2a2bb0cccfe193d66a10eef1b601799e.jpg

When we visited Germany, Austria, and Prague, we saw lots of peeing statues.

I guess when things look bad, go to town and see the statues!

This quote was found online:

Probably the coolest fountain ever!! 
The Dachshund fountain in Bad Camberg - Erbach.

Sitting in the Delerium Bar in Brussels, looking out the window to the building on the other side of the narrow alley, there was an alcove with a fountain of a young girl squatting and peeing. Wokers would have a heart attack!

Another brass or bronze statue of a nude male was tarnished except for his particular member, which was polished shiny by the tourists rubbing it. 

People need to lighten up.
Or light up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Brazos John said:

Another brass or bronze statue of a nude male was tarnished except for his particular member, which was polished shiny by the tourists rubbing it. 

It's like the statue of Molly Malone. Bronze statue of a woman with a low-cut bodice selling fish. The entire statue is a dull brown color - tarnished bronze. Except for the top of the boobs sticking out of that low-cut bodice. They're all nice bright and shiny yellow, from all the tourists petting them.

Edited by Alpo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2023 at 9:13 PM, Brazos John said:

Sitting in the Delerium Bar in Brussels, looking out the window to the building on the other side of the narrow alley, there was an alcove with a fountain of a young girl squatting and peeing. Wokers would have a heart attack!

High culture!  I just had to look it up.  Thanks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanneke_Pis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

High culture!  I just had to look it up.  Thanks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanneke_Pis

Wow! Thanks for the memory! That was such a fun night with my family!

Delerium was so crowded with kids (from my POV), but we had a great table - literally right across the alley from the statue. And we were there in 2019, so we saw the first plaque (as described in the Wiki link). I had forgotten about the male statue, but yeah, we saw it, too, and there was a BIG crowd around it! It seems like he had a shiny member, or if not him, then on some other statue. They sure like to shine their nekkid statues over there!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/10/2023 at 9:45 PM, Alpo said:

It's like the statue of Molly Malone. Bronze statue of a woman with a low-cut bodice selling fish. The entire statue is a dull brown color - tarnished bronze. Except for the top of the boobs sticking out of that low-cut bodice. They're all nice bright and shiny yellow, from all the tourists petting them.

The central metro stations in Moscow are all decorated differently. One of the stations that I frequently used had bronze sculptures along the passenger walkways, four copies of bronzes, one for each wall where passengers would walk. I recall two of these sculptures had exceptionally bright spots. One was a dog, probably a Doberman, the story was that students from the universities and institutes would come and rub the dog’s nose for good luck before an exam. The other was a sculpture of a woman with a newborn baby boy. I think pregnant women would come and rub his ***** for luck.

My guess is that it was teenage boys who rubbed the mother’s bosom.

Edited by Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984
  • Haha 3

The Greeks Vs The Irish

Over a double Latte, the Greek mentions "We built the Parthenon you may recall, along with the Temple of Apollo."

"Aye, and it was the Irish that discovered the Summer and Winter solstices."

"But it was the Greeks who gave birth to mathematics."

"Granted, but it was the Irish who built the first timepieces."

Knowing that he's about to deliver the coup de grace, the son of Athens points out with a note of finality: "Keep in mind that it was the ancient Greeks who invented the notion of sex as a pleasurable activity!"

"Aye! True enough, but it was the Irish who got women involved."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

C.S. Lewis and a friend were walking along the street one day when a beggar approached and asked them for money.
Lewis’s friend kept walking, but Lewis stopped and emptied his wallet, giving the beggar its entire contents.
After rejoining his friend, Lewis was chastised. “You shouldn’t have done that, Jack. He’ll only spend it all on drink.”
Lewis replied, “Well, that’s what I was going to do.”

11 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

When all is said and done, more is said than done.

That about says it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Naaaaah vegans taste funny

Slice'em thin and fry'em in bacon grease 'til crispy!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2