SASS Wire Forum

Good Lord! Can You Say "Blowout?"

Subdeacon Joe

This needs a WOW emoji!

Because, WOW!!!!!!!

Wotinell, did the BoSox recall Sam Malone and put 'im back on the mound...?   :rolleyes:   :lol:

image.png.ba741d92ad3a78ce90d58fb0be4cdcd4.png

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Wotinell, did the BoSox recall Sam Malone and put 'im back on the mound...?   :rolleyes:   :lol:

image.png.ba741d92ad3a78ce90d58fb0be4cdcd4.png

Yes, and he fell off the wagon during warmup. 
They couldn’t have done any worse with Norm catching and Claven at the hot corner. 
A game that will live in infamy!

Maybe it was heat related. :wacko:

28 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Unwritten rules, anyone?

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Don't rub?

Don't annoy Canadians

51 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Unwritten rules, anyone?

Yeah, except for 3 things..

- They're both in the AL East and division rivals.

- Boston would have done the same thing if they were able.

- When it comes to Boston or, especially, the Yankees, stomp them into the dust every time the opportunity rises.

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The record is 31 runs, they got pretty close! Wow!!

I just checked I believe the record is still 30. Rangers versus Orioles. I remember listening to that game and remember feeling downright sorry for the O's

JHC

And Judge hit two home runs last night to help power the Yanks to another win!

I’m happy!!  I despise Boston and can’t think of another team I’d rather see lose except the A$$TROS, those cheatin’ <#^£¥+•s!!!

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yeah, except for 3 things..

- They're both in the AL East and division rivals.

- Boston would have done the same thing if they were able.

- When it comes to Boston or, especially, the Yankees, stomp them into the dust every time the opportunity rises.

- Division rivals:  Irrelevant.  Win-loss record is used to determine standings, not run differential or any other statistic.

- Boston would have done the same thing:  Also irrelevant, and a very dangerous logical line of thought that, if applied universally, would result in numerous evils being committed in the name of "well they did it, too!"

- Stomping Boston or NY into the dust:  This comment speaks to your character far more than it does theirs.

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Don't rub?

Baseball etiquette holds that it is in exceptionally poor taste to continually run up the score when you have obviously won the game.  Stealing, forcing runs, bunting, etc. are all uncouth when leading by a wide margin. 

35 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

- Division rivals:  Irrelevant.  Win-loss record is used to determine standings, not run differential or any other statistic.

- Boston would have done the same thing:  Also irrelevant, and a very dangerous logical line of thought that, if applied universally, would result in numerous evils being committed in the name of "well they did it, too!"

- Stomping Boston or NY into the dust:  This comment speaks to your character far more than it does theirs.

Sorry to have riled you.

BTW, my character is just fine. Without knowing me, your comments speak far more volumes than mine.

Have a nice day and Thank You for your service in defense of this Country...seriously.

My wife and I watched this game and couldn't believe the errors Boston made.  It was like the Jays were playing against a little league team.

I’m currently watching “Major League”!

Boston seems to have borrowed scenes from that old movie to use in last night’s game!!  If I were the movie’s producers, I would sue them for plagiarism!!  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Archived