SASS Wire Forum

Is this derringer SASS legal?

Rest Drifter

Thank you.  I said I was new…lol..  I meant for side matches and decoration.  I saw a set of braces with a derringer holster and just like the idea.  This derringer is 38 same as my pistols and really cheap right now.

We sometimes do include Derringers on a main match stage, ( you can use your own, or one supplied by a club member) you start the stage seated across the table from Black Beard,  you are facing downrange With 5 cards in both hands.   At the beep you drop the cards on the table pick-up the Derringer shoot Black Beard, twice restage Derringer pointed downrange, stand up sweep the pistol targets twice from either end.   Reholster both guns, move to left window use rifle staged on window ledge (Table) sweep rifle targets in the same order as you engaged pistol targets, restage rifle open and empty on ledge.  Move to right side stage, from right window with Shotgun shoot all 6 targets any order till Down ! 

Jabez Cowboy 

34 minutes ago, Rest Drifter said:

Thank you.  I said I was new…lol..  I meant for side matches and decoration.  I saw a set of braces with a derringer holster and just like the idea.  This derringer is 38 same as my pistols and really cheap right now.

Know this. A GUN is A GUN.

If on my posse, you will be showing your 'decoration' clear/and unloaded at every stage...

If you don't mind that extra step, then go for it!

That appears to be a Bond Derringer. The trigger guard is removable. Held in place with a single screw. Once you take the trigger guard off, aside from being a huge gun, it would no longer look "too modern".

22 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That appears to be a Bond Derringer. The trigger guard is removable. Held in place with a single screw. Once you take the trigger guard off, aside from being a huge gun, it would no longer look "too modern".

Not a Bond

6 hours ago, Rest Drifter said:

...  I saw a set of braces with a derringer holster and just like the idea….

Me too.

89AA9BF4-4101-434E-BD74-FFF9773FC529.jpeg

10 hours ago, Tom Bullweed said:

New category: requires five derringer loaded with rounds each, any SASS rifle and shotgun.

Called the James West category.

Or HAVE GUN-WILL TRAVEL.

I don’t like derringers. They are not fun to shoot. You can only shoot them twice. Just not my thing. I’ve had a few until I asked myself, “why?”

I prefer a small pocket pistol. 

10D69396-7C98-4795-955F-0010CC7FA0E0.jpeg

Derringers are interesting to play with. As long as you realize that they are toys. They are not serious firearms.

And like Bob said, you only got two. And they're slow to shoot.

1228441730_DerringervsJframe1.jpg.debce8542d9678b1647096b9af808d76.jpg

1043049799_DerringervsJframe2.jpg.7f79fdceb00ffaa4941d8f235568ae64.jpg

I've got one of those NAA 22 mag. revolver derringers. Can't hit a barn standing inside and damn is it loud! If you don't hit the thug, you'll certainly scare the hell out of him. If he can't see the gun, he'll sware it's an AR.:lol:

Derringer were belly and table guns. Push em in the belly and pull the trigger or brace under the table and unseen and give it to em.

On 4/14/2022 at 2:50 PM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Know this. A GUN is A GUN.

If on my posse, you will be showing your 'decoration' clear/and unloaded at every stage...

If you don't mind that extra step, then go for it!

What Sue said. Should be showing clear at each stage unloading table.

Alpo, thank you for that good laugh! -- I studied and puzzled your first photo and it took me entirely too long to realize ...
No, that is not some pistola from an alien dimension, deposited through the magic of malfunctioning physics ...
... it's one stacked on top of the other ...
Shook my head and laughed again at how slow I was on the uptake!

Archived