SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

24 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Big koala family outside Port Macquarie

395613040_10226903441704497_8386743469651599755_n.thumb.jpg.f5e23cb0b0583e7f71f69eb9330349bb.jpg

Don't look like that big of a family to me. I only see three. Hell there was five in my family when I was a kid, and six in my family when I was a grown up.

Three is a big family. Hooey.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Don't look like that big of a family to me. I only see three. Hell there was five in my family when I was a kid, and six in my family when I was a grown up.

Three is a big family. Hooey.

I hope you're family members weren't/aren't 18' tall.....they must have a hard time buying trousers :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Was showing my new girlfriend some of the posts in the Saloon and we came across pickled beets. She likes them. I had never tried them so she popped a couple out of a jar in the fridge and we had them alongside our Tuna Salad sandwiches.

Not too bad. Wouldn't go out of my way to eat them but they weren't horrible tasting either.  Did stain my fingers red though.

Edited by Sedalia Dave

17 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I think they work, you don't see a lot of smokers these days down here

ergr.JPG

erth.JPG

gre.JPG

hetthg.JPG

hg.JPG

hrhe.JPG

re.JPG

I’m sure they’re heavily taxed too, which makes the government addicted to the revenue. 

The dirty little secret in this country is the taxes collected on tobacco, which they say is to defray the cost of treating smoking related illnesses, are mostly diverted for general spending. 

Years ago the states sued the tobacco companies to “recover” health expenditures. Each state received several billion dollars. Audits later showed that the state of Missouri only spent 6 hundred thousand dollars on health initiatives, while the rest of their 2 billion settlement went to general revenue. That was just one example. I'm sure most states did the same.

The hypocrites can’t afford to have anyone quit smoking. 

Edited by Abilene Slim SASS 81783
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Was showing my new girlfriend some of the posts in the Saloon and we came across pickled beets. She likes them. I had never tried them so she popped a couple out of a jar in the fridge and we had them alongside our Tuna Salad sandwiches.

Not too bad. Wouldn't go out of my way to eat them but they weren't horrible tasting either.  Did stain my fingers red though.

Great with tuna isn't it......now just wait to you have a few slices on a burger.

The Aussie thread is working :lol:

Edited by Buckshot Bear
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I’m sure they’re heavily taxed too, which makes the government addicted to the revenue. 

The hypocrites can’t afford to have anyone quit smoking. 

500% Correct Abilene

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had one slice of beet, once!!

NEVER AGAIN!!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Raw out of the garden and cooked beetroot? I can't eat that either......but canned.....that's a whole different animal :) 

I’ve heard of candied beets and my mom pickles them and I WON’T eat ‘em those ways either!!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I'll take the beets; you can keep the tuna.

PF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Canned beetroot is nice and sweet, I can't eat it any other way.

034333.thumb.jpg.cb2b654cb31a9e7c8a8845ca5c2312e8.jpg

That should be good.

I have some of these in my pantry right now.

0a418d84-d7ca-470f-802b-948168e3d109_1.b

These, however, are nasty as hell.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiaW5mbHVlbnN0ZXJfcHJvZHVj

Notice the difference? That top can says sliced. The bottom can says sliced pickled.

Pickled beets are horrible.

Sliced beets have the nice flavor of the beet. Pickled beets taste like vinegar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That should be good.

I have some of these in my pantry right now.

0a418d84-d7ca-470f-802b-948168e3d109_1.b

These, however, are nasty as hell.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiaW5mbHVlbnN0ZXJfcHJvZHVj

Notice the difference? That top can says sliced. The bottom can says sliced pickled.

Pickled beets are horrible.

Sliced beets have the nice flavor of the beet. Pickled beets taste like vinegar.

Well stated! Exactly.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Apparently beets will stain the inside of a diaper red too.  She rushed their first born toddler to the hospital worried she'd ingested something terrible at grandpa's.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Beets! I love them! 

Fresh boiled and skinned with salt and butter. I can almost make a meal of just them!

My hunting partners looked askance one year when I brought a couple of jars, I had made earlier, to the moose camp, along with the other groceries. (They were all younger and still working, while I was retired and was the Quartermaster)

After tasting my pickled beet offerings, they were always in demand, to the point I had to teach them my recipe.

I still put down a 15 KG bag of them every year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Raw out of the garden and cooked beetroot? I can't eat that either......but canned.....that's a whole different animal :) 

...... I can beat a beetroot, ..... I use a cricket bat.  -_-

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... I can beat a beetroot, ..... I use a cricket bat.  -_-

Do you do that so you can intimidate the other team with what appears to be a blood stained cricket bat? :ph34r:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Do you do that so you can intimidate the other team with what appears to be a blood stained cricket bat? :ph34r:

....... well, ........ now that you mention it ......  :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3