SASS Wire Forum

So this happened!

Hoss

Now all I have to do is convince a MD to write a 4 shot derringer side match!  Not sure what I’m going to do with it, but have wanted one for a while!

HJS Arms 22 4 shot derringer. Modeled after the C Sharps derringer. Has a nifty rotating firing pin on hammer. 

07F89EFB-D095-4DFF-80AD-9D0A1FD1BF8E.jpeg

I have a C Sharps - it needs an experienced 'smith to repair.  The hammer spring (I think) is broken.  It won't stay cocked, but the firing pin does rotate when the hammer is manually pulled back and pushed forward.  Any recommendations?

3 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

I have a C Sharps - it needs an experienced 'smith to repair.  The hammer spring (I think) is broken.  It won't stay cocked, but the firing pin does rotate when the hammer is manually pulled back and pushed forward.  Any recommendations?

Don't let the bad guy get close enough that you have to use it...

The Sharps spring has several bends.  If you can find a small spring company you might get them to make one.  Or find a brother-in-law with a ME who has a machine shop in his basement and likes engineering challenges who will take it apart and repair it like I did before AGENT ORANGE got him.  

Is the cocking notch broken/woran or filled with years of dried oil and black powder?

Remember Yancy Derringer carried two and could light matches with the bullet.  :D But Pahoo-Ka-Ta-Wah, "wolf who stands in water",  carried a 10 ga SxS that could clean a city block of bad guys in one shot.

excuse my spelling as spell check fixes what it thinks I mean.

A Buddy of mine carries one of those in .357. Pretty cool, 4 shots from the pocket without a jam!

1 hour ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

The Sharps spring has several bends.  If you can find a small spring company you might get them to make one.  Or find a brother-in-law with a ME who has a machine shop in his basement and likes engineering challenges who will take it apart and repair it like I did before AGET ORANGE got him.  

Is the cocking notch broken/woran or filled with years of dried oil and black powder?

Remember Yancy Derringer carried two and could light matches with the bullet.  :D But Pahoo-Ka-Ta-Wah, "wolf who stands in water",  carried a 10 ga SxS that could clean a city block of bad guys in one shot.

excuse my spelling as spell check fixes what it thinks I mean.

I'll have to take a look at the cocking notch when I get back home.

11 hours ago, Hoss said:

Now all I have to do is convince a MD to write a 4 shot derringer side match!  Not sure what I’m going to do with it, but have wanted one for a while!

HJS Arms 22 4 shot derringer. Modeled after the C Sharps derringer. Has a nifty rotating firing pin on hammer. 

I know several that do... the problem is they have a mandatory reload! :P:P

1 minute ago, Griff said:

I know several that do... the problem is they have a mandatory reload! :P:P

No. Just 4 shots period. However you want to do it :P

8 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

Hoss,

I have to come all the over here to the wire to find out you got a cool new gun?  I thought we were buddies!?!

Totes

I was trying to keep it a secret so you would let me write the side match scenarios for our upcoming annual match in December. :D

14 hours ago, Hoss said:

Congratulations Hoss. Nice little Sharps replicas.  I think I bought mine when they first were introduced at a SHOT show (about 1991).  I carry mine in my Jeep with rat shot in it for snakes.  As I remember one of the machinist that was in on making these was a good IHMSA competitor from around Harlingen. (BTW, Chuck now is excellent gunsmith for old Benjamin pellet guns, just recently had my 1956 model repaired by him.)  Bet I know where you got that one if recently purchased.  Mine has serial number 12XX.

2 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Congratulations Hoss. Nice little Sharps replicas.  I think I bought mine when they first were introduced at a SHOT show (about 1991).  I carry mine in my Jeep with rat shot in it for snakes.  As I remember one of the machinist that was in on making these was a good IHMSA competitor from around Harlingen. (BTW, Chuck now is excellent gunsmith for old Benjamin pellet guns, just recently had my 1956 model repaired by him.)  Bet I know where you got that one if recently purchased.  Mine has serial number 12XX.

Do you know anybody in Delaware? 

one of the neat things about the SASS classifieds is you can find most anything there, and I’ve never had an issue buying or selling a gun or other item on the wire. Cowboy shooters are honest folks! 

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Do you know anybody in Delaware? 

one of the neat things about the SASS classifieds is you can find most anything there, and I’ve never had an issue buying or selling a gun or other item on the wire. Cowboy shooters are honest folks! 

Don't believe I do. I did know someone who shoots at Cowpokes that had one posted on SASS classified.

congrats , i recently picked up a NAA that i did not need and only , barely , was looking for , glad i have mine i think you will be glad you have yours for no other reason than ---thats out of the way , enjoy your new find , 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:23 PM, Hoss said:

I can see it says .22 cal on the gun and you said it was a .22 but dang it them holes look bigger than .22.

I LIKE IT!

24 minutes ago, Waimea said:

I can see it says .22 cal on the gun and you said it was a .22 but dang it them holes look bigger than .22.

I LIKE IT!

Haha, they do look bigger.  One thing I can tell you, if you ever have a gun pointed at you, them holes look big enough to crawl into! 

it’s kind of a novelty gun, not a whole lot of practical use, but it’s pretty neat.  And besides, my 401-G appreciates more in value than my 401-K ! 

8BEE806F-57C1-43BF-8F34-745A809B1177.jpeg

Archived