SASS Wire Forum

Wait... a what?

Three Foot Johnson

They were talking to some of Kaiser Wilhelm's soldiers.

During the Great War, Tommy Atkins could shoot a SMLE so fast it sounded like a machine gun. Obviously it had to be semi-automatic.

Fifty years old makes it C&R eligible, so that would be before today's date in 1970.

(edit) Are you thinking "antique"? ATF defines that as being made in, or before, 1898.

3 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

If they’re semi-auto, then why do they need that bent handle above the trigger guard?  Is that the charging handle?

........... yeah ... that's it, ......... the charging handle ......   <_<

1 hour ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Holy Smokes, $550 for a Good condition No. 1 plus $30 for hand selected. Maybe I need to up the value of my VG 1917 BSA example. 

Seamus

Where do you see the prices? 

I was going to say it's only semi auto in the hands of a British soldier, but y'all beat me to it. 

30 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Where do you see the prices? 

I was going to say it's only semi auto in the hands of a British soldier, but y'all beat me to it. 

Scroll down for the #4; go to page 2 for the Mk3  

https://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/

thats NOT a " No.1Mk.IV "  IT IS a no4 mkI , the other is Not a no1 mkIII its a no1 mkIII* , this is why one knows his subject matter befor buying - buy the rifle not the story , 

oviously not semi-auto as well , but with the 10 round box magazine i supose some areas of the country are messed up enough to not understand the differences , stupid people making stupid lives contrary to our constitution should be out of a job or imprisoned , a good brit doing the mad minute is a sight to behold and would lead one to think he has a semi-auto rifle , 

for the record the mkIV is actually a no2 and a 22 trainer , 

It automatically extracts the spent case when the "charging handle" is pulled backwards.

Back around 1955, Sears in Calgary, AB had a bunch of them stuffed in a wooden barrel and were selling them for $11 Cdn, your choice. I bought one in 1962 (private sale) for $50 Cdn but, it was sporterized.

Archived