SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

There is nothing about this attitude that makes you look good, and you're actually the one making traffic worse. 

That guy that drove up the empty right hand lane, because the sign said right hand lane closed ahead merge left, is exactly like the guy that walks to the front of the long line at the movie theater, and wants someone to let him in. "The line starts three blocks back that way, dork!"

Would you let him in? He is too important to wait in line. And it does not matter whether he is waiting in line at the movie theater or whether he is waiting in line on the highway. He is too important to wait. He needs to go to the front of the line. And people that will not let him break line - they are the ones at fault?

41 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Just my opinion, but no @$$hole is worth getting into a collision over.

When my brother was in the 10th grade, and had his restricted driver's license, he would drive to school. Then mama would drive the car back home and he'd take the bus after school.

She told me one day he was driving down - four lane road - and the guy in the left hand lane decided to change lanes. Apparently did not look, and Eddie went off the road into the parking lane, to avoid being hit. Then as he's continuing to school he's griping - "I had the right-of-way! I should have let him hit me. It would have been his fault!!"

And Mama told him, "It would have been his fault, but your car would still be wrecked".

I thought that was a very profound statement.

17 hours ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

There is nothing about this attitude that makes you look good, and you're actually the one making traffic worse. 

17 hours ago, Alpo said:

That guy that drove up the empty right hand lane, because the sign said right hand lane closed ahead merge left, is exactly like the guy that walks to the front of the long line at the movie theater, and wants someone to let him in. "The line starts three blocks back that way, dork!"

Would you let him in? He is too important to wait in line. And it does not matter whether he is waiting in line at the movie theater or whether he is waiting in line on the highway. He is too important to wait. He needs to go to the front of the line. And people that will not let him break line - they are the ones at fault?

16 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Just my opinion, but no @$$hole is worth getting into a collision over.

2C35F15C-A2A6-4B93-8487-F7CEC0C8EBCC.gif.311ca6674e91758d3f6f143f5ca53b70.gif

27 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Pat, whadaheck does that mean? B for TV fun bed... ?

141760740_Screenshot_20220914-0745152.thumb.png.1e4461a88f079ad68620da8b92e8d2ff.png

Oh, the iPhone and the Wire weren’t reading my mind and doing as I wanted so in the “reason for edit” box I just moved my finger around on the key pad and let Otto have her way. :lol:

On 9/13/2022 at 2:58 PM, Alpo said:

"The line starts three blocks back that way, dork!"

No.  That way, in traffic, you're wasting a lane.  Use all the lanes before the end, then alternate merge to keep traffic moving.

4 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

So the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles can't be re-enacted here?

image.png.a04eaf2bc5e157cad6f5fa269f8f74f5.png

That’s hilarious. I didn’t see that before. :lol:

On 9/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, Alpo said:

Traffic is always a line whether the cars are close to each other or not, and people are always merging in a line of traffic. It's not the same as a line of people waiting for a movie or anything else so I don't know why you'd even make that comparison. 

If the guy in the empty right hand lane is going 60 and you're going 50, then he merges and slows down to 50, how has that affected you? If he's going 60 and nobody lets him merge and he has to slow down to 40 and then speed up to 50, that affects the whole lane of traffic a lot. He didn't cause that drastic slowdown, the people who wouldn't let him merge caused it. 

And who cares if he thinks he's more important than you, and how is your attitude any different than his? If he's going faster than you and he gets in front of you, he's gonna continue going faster and it won't affect you. Why do you let this bother you? 

Archived