SASS Wire Forum

No new guns this year, I said...

Three Foot Johnson

On 1/28/2020 at 7:28 PM, Three Foot Johnson said:

... I made it 26 days... :lol:

I've had Schofields before, but these will be my first Russians. One should be here Thursday, and the other one next week sometime. :)

SWno3.jpg

Wisdom should come with age.  I will not buy A gun this year.  

2 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

How do ya holster them Ruskies?

Seamus

Every holster I have is a little tight at the front of the frame, so I'll build a new set for these. Maybe tomorrow...

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Every holster I have is a little tight at the front of the frame, so I'll build a new set for these. Maybe tomorrow...

How about the ones for your schofields?  Or did those go when you sold the pistols?

These from Dennis Yoder worked OK, as long as you didn't shove 'em in too deep. 

Maybe I'll wet 'em down, stretch & form 'em to the Russians, brush on some Wyo-Sheen inside, and call it good.

RussianHolster.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 4:25 AM, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I have no will power when it comes to classic guns.

Whaddaya mean... you have lots of will power. It's WON'T power that you're lacking. ;)

My abstinence lasted just 33 days. Suddenly developed a "gots to have" for a new Henry .22 lever gun so I just picked one up.

5 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Well I did not get a "new" gun, I mean, I got a "new" reproduction of an "old" gun, so I really did not get a "new" gun.  Right?

I think that is very logical, really!

With an argument like that, You Sir, deserve your day in court.

12 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Used guns however......:lol:

One new Wrangler and a used 20 gauge Stoeger for Kaya to use as a backup. That only counts as one for me? Oh well. In for a penny, in for a pound! Now to find my 1894 Winchester in .38-55!!!

On 2/3/2020 at 9:19 PM, WOLFY said:

How about the ones for your schofields?  Or did those go when you sold the pistols?

A little water on an old set of holsters, form, dry overnight, some Neat-Lac/Wyo-sheen to hold the shape, and *presto*.  :)

RussianHolsters.jpg

On 1/28/2020 at 5:07 PM, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I said the same thing. Plan to spend the money on the ones I have. That didn’t last too long either. Just ordered a 51 from Longhunter. 

Got mine n and forgot to add pics

image.png.65ec3e8c52c2687043ed54bcb778bb78.pngimage.png.76655a46b51a1d61827f9df6dcb6917b.png

Going to put this on the grips

image.png.1849161d4cb4fda4d22f6783271f0eae.png

22 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

No new guns this year -my wife said..........

21 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Used guns however......:lol:

My wife has me figured out. When I picked up my new S&W model 63 in December after buying 2 Glocks the 2 months before she said “No more guns for a while, okay?”

I said “Okay, no new guns for a while. How long is a while?” Slyly trying to change things up. 
She said “A while is at least until summer and I said ‘No guns’ not ‘new guns’ Mr. Slick.”

Yep, she’s definitely on to me...:rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My wife has me figured out. When I picked up my new S&W model 63 in December after buying 2 Glocks the 2 months before she said “No more guns for a while, okay?”

I said “Okay, no new guns for a while. How long is a while?” Slyly trying to change things up. 
She said “A while is at least until summer and I said ‘No guns’ not ‘new guns’ Mr. Slick.”

Yep, she’s definitely on to me...:rolleyes:

Ouch! I get it.

Archived