SASS Wire Forum

Holsters on the side of carts question

Smiling Wolf

I'm building another cart and I'd like to put holsters on the side. I've seen them in the past and I would like to know how you folks are attaching them. If you could post some pictures and instructions I would really appreciate it

Thank You

S.W.

I’ve never tried to do this, so keep that in mind.

BUT,

If I could find some long (1/2” maybe) Chicago Screws, that’s what I’d do, with glue on the threads.  Then, I’d put adhesive-backed felt (or something) over the screw heads inside the holsters, and check it for wear often.  Might need some big washers next to the wood-side of the screw.....(maybe not).

That’s one way, anyway.

Cat Brules

I have hung them from the sides of cart on leather dog collars, think narrow belt. And I have put screws with cup washers through the inside of the belt loop of old holsters into the wood upright on wood carts. I like the dog collars best, no damage to the holster. Also very inexpensive.

Imis

I got my cart holsters from J-M leather. They have  square back with a hole in each corner. I used a brass cup washer and brass screw in each. I believe they are around $30 a pair from Johnny.

http://www.jm-leather.com/accessories2.htm

They were only 22$ when I got ours, we got 2 sets in different colors and tooling to help design my wife's holsters. Johnny is & his wife are great to work with. They show no wear after about 4 years of use--a good product even at $30-$35 . Brass hardware is readily available at most hardware stores.

I had two OLD holsters that I actually attached to the side of a wooden cart with wood screws. Sorry - I don’t have a picture. The holsters are secure and still have the tie down strap for when I tilt the cart to roll. 

Big hugs!

Scarlett

I'm building another cart and I'd like to put holsters on the side. I've seen them in the past and I would like to know how you folks are attaching them. If you could post some pictures and instructions I would really appreciate it

Thank You

S.W.

I use drawer handles. Attach to side with holster over the loop.

I build a bracket that mounts to the side or door of a cart like this.

B58DE9FB-514B-4690-93F0-989B448A5450.jpeg

Here's another idea - you can buy 2 pieces of leather and trim to whatever shape you want, apply contact cement to the holster and the leather piece, once dry simply attach the whole thing to the cart with fasteners.  The leather will wear out before the contact cement, if you're worried apply 2 applications of contact cement before attaching the holster to the leather.

Find an old leather belt and cut it into pieces that will thread through the holster, then attach the belt pieces to the cart using screws. Won't damage the holsters and is secure.

That's a nice set up Ron,Thank You

You're welcome. They are unlined, literally just there to hold guns. Made to fit my 7" Schofields but will also hold my 5-1/2" Colt clones. Flaps to help keep out dust and rain.

I just used a couple wood screws and washers to hold a pair of inexpensive leather holsters I found on ebay.  

I made this for my wife to use, better than have them rattling around in the gun cart.

Double Bucket.JPG

Archived