Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Ba-Dump Tissssh - Memes


Pat Riot

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Alpo said:

When I moved into my house, I turned on every light in every room, and I plugged something in to every wall socket. And then I went to the breaker panel and turned off a breaker. Walked around the house seeing what was not running. Made a note of it.

 

Turn that breaker back on turned off the next breaker. Walked around the house seeing what was no longer on.

 

Did that until I had gone through all the breakers in the panel. Took my notes and made a nice breaker panel drawing, which I taped to the inside of the panel door.

 

I really wish all homeowners would do just what you did. It would even be better if the original electrician's as-built blueprints, or copies, were retained/stored for future reference. 

 

Ya done good Alpo!;)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Buckshot Bob

    5271

  • Pat Riot

    2824

  • Alpo

    2448

  • Subdeacon Joe

    1870

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

When I moved into my house, I turned on every light in every room, and I plugged something in to every wall socket. And then I went to the breaker panel and turned off a breaker. Walked around the house seeing what was not running. Made a note of it.

 

Turn that breaker back on turned off the next breaker. Walked around the house seeing what was no longer on.

 

Did that until I had gone through all the breakers in the panel. Took my notes and made a nice breaker panel drawing, which I taped to the inside of the panel door.

I made notes when I wired the house, including where the feed starts after the panel. Up here, if you're building your own house, you are allowed to do the electrical, plumbing and gas yourself. Bummer was I had a few boxes of 20A breakers left from my previous house I was going to use, then bought the then current electrical code book and discovered most had to be arc fault breakers. They are pricey, but haven't been any issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I made notes when I wired the house, including where the feed starts after the panel. Up here, if you're building your own house, you are allowed to do the electrical, plumbing and gas yourself. Bummer was I had a few boxes of 20A breakers left from my previous house I was going to use, then bought the then current electrical code book and discovered most had to be arc fault breakers. They are pricey, but haven't been any issue.

 

Yeah, IMO the AFI breakers were, and still are, a solution to a problem that (for the most part) didn't exist. Lobbyists and big money started influencing NEC many years ago and hasn't stopped. The AFI requirements have added completely unnecessary costs to new and some remodels. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

 

 ..... especially if you, as these kids are, grew up in somewhere like Australia ;  .... where they drive on the correct side of the road ........  :)

 

We have drivers that drive on the left side of the road here in the US also. We call them drunk drivers.:o

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

There is an rifle like electronic countermeasure that disables the drone's GPS, that wouldn't be shooting it down, probably illegal as well.

Having heard a security presentation by someone who did this under controlled circumstances witnessed by a Fed, his equipment was confiscated on the spot.

 

No charges (as he disabled his own drone), but he did not get his gear back.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

There is an rifle like electronic countermeasure that disables the drone's GPS, that wouldn't be shooting it down, probably illegal as well.

Yep.

 

Communications Act of 1934 -- felony to 'jam or otherwise interfere with' approved electronic signals (radar guns, cellphones, GPS, radio communications/control signals such as RC cars or drones -- if it's associated with a device that's been commercially sold, it's an approved electronic signal).

 

I looked into getting a cellphone jammer once, this is what I came up against.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder why the warden is wearing a vest?

 

If Patrolman Johnson, of the 12th precinct, gets shot in the big city, he most likely is getting shot with a pistol, and wearing a vest would be helpful.

 

But if Warden Barker there gets shot at in the deep woods, he's going to get shot with a high powered rifle, and that Kevlar ain't going to do nothing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.