• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

6 hours ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Just because you don't prosecute a crime doesn't mean it wasn't reported. James Woods is usually smarter than that.

Oh mais non mon Ami!

Just like a certain unnamed Police Services Board of Commissioners of Police changed the definition of a "Home Invasion", to a "Burglary", if no one was injured.

Made for a slightly better statistic!

• Like 5

I worked with a guy who swore that he had a case of Aggravated Sodomy that plead out to a misdemeanor traffic  charge of following too close......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

430983870_8157074044319962_7702649605917869699_n.jpg.9fb88ac1290cb76b9d8a60f3b8e6b2fb.jpg

Proof yet again that cats go where they will!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

430983870_8157074044319962_7702649605917869699_n.jpg.9fb88ac1290cb76b9d8a60f3b8e6b2fb.jpg

This is worthy of Don Martin at Mad Magazine!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

If there isn’t a conviction “statistically” in many cases there was no crime . There are people who are charged that get away with it, they aren’t counted . if they aren’t convicted legally they didn’t commit the crime. And occasionally people who don’t deserve to be charged that become statistics .

I realize you can report robberies and assaults, murders etc…. but I would think convictions would definitely spike the number up . Look at the Gorge Floyd riots , very few convictions vs what occurred. Low crime rate. Now look at January 6th , lots of convictions vs what occurred. High crime rate. 
Look at these flash mob robberies. One robbery committed by allot of criminals. One robbery could have 20 convictions, that would definitely make the crime rate go up 

OK I checked, the FBI statistics are based on reported crimes. So who's publishing statistics that say the only crimes are the ones that get successful convictions? And your two examples don't show what you think, in both the Floyd George riots and the Jan 6 riots there were a whole lot of people protesting and a small percentage of people committing the crimes. The flash mob robberies are a good point though, because of store policies I don't know if those even get reported. Maybe we should just stick to Mark Twain's advice about statistics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

OK I checked, the FBI statistics are based on reported crimes. So who's publishing statistics that say the only crimes are the ones that get successful convictions? And your two examples don't show what you think, in both the Floyd George riots and the Jan 6 riots there were a whole lot of people protesting and a small percentage of people committing the crimes. The flash mob robberies are a good point though, because of store policies I don't know if those even get reported. Maybe we should just stick to Mark Twain's advice about statistics.

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t, it depends on how and when the states report. All we can know for sure is the data will be manipulated so show what the bureaucrats in power want it to show 

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/understanding-fbis-2021-crime-data

Edited by Buckshot Bob
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2013/apr/15/fbis-national-crime-data-found-to-be-flawed-manipulated/
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:
22 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

OK I checked, the FBI statistics are based on reported crimes.

Ferguson Effect, with dual repercussions:

1: The public drifts into not bothering to call, because nothing will be done, and;

2: Reporting by police brings the requirement for action, so in some cases police responses do not generate a report, if the initial caller decides to back off on the complaint (refer to  #1). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Years back the gunshop had a copy of a statement from the St Louis prosecutor listing the crimes they would not prosecute. List included child abuse, domestic violence,  rape, assault, robery, illegal drugs, on and on.  The only thing they were interested in was murder and crimes against business. 

• Sad 6

8 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Ferguson Effect, with dual repercussions:

1: The public drifts into not bothering to call, because nothing will be done, and;

2: Reporting by police brings the requirement for action, so in some cases police responses do not generate a report, if the initial caller decides to back off on the complaint (refer to  #1). 

It’s definitely a quagmire, the local police report to the states and the states report to the feds , but sometimes the different local municipalities don’t report at all . And they all have different standards for reporting. Reminds me of the old computer programmer saying, junk in junk out 

• Like 1