Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
doc roy l. pain

EOT stages

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Maybe. However, why write that without knowing whether it was true or not?

 

You tell me, why did you write that if you weren't sure?

 

 

The point is Bud, Matt Black, Lefty, Deuce, and a handful of others could walk over to the EMF tent and get a new pair of untuned Piettas and still finish top 5. It's not the guns it's the shooter behind it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

Not to say that Bud isn't a talented shooter because he absolutely is; but, those borrowed guns might have been tuned up better than his own.

 

I'll tell ya this, his 97 was stiff as a board... Bud is a freak of nature... No sitting around and dry firing everyday all day.

 

In other words, he has a life.

Edited by Phantom, SASS #54973
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Bud's nickname was "Alien" in his heyday.  Saw him and Lead Dispenser go head to head in the shootoff at 5 Dogs Creek in '06-'07.  He is an alien at that speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

I love all y'all even if you don't know what good ice cream is.

Ya know I found a DQ out here with chocolate soft serve so you may be eatin yer words, pilgrim. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yul Lose said:

Ya know I found a DQ out here with chocolate soft serve so you may be eatin yer words, pilgrim. 

Hahaha! Yul, it shore wouldn't be the first time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Hahaha! Yul, it shore wouldn't be the first time!

Chocolate soft serve in a waffle cone, I’m a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to go back to my original post to see what this thread was about. EOT stages and thanking those responsible for them. Since then we have gone to comparing sass to several other professional sports, shotgun targets favoring double shooters, discussing short stroked and raced up guns, talking about pizza, and now about Bud using borrowed guns to win an EOT. If our sights wander off target as much as our posts wander off topic it’s no wonder we only had 29 clean shooters this year at EOT. LOL 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Chocolate soft serve in a waffle cone, I’m a fan.

I still aint ever found the chocolate soft serve. Look out ifn I do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

I had to go back to my original post to see what this thread was about. EOT stages and thanking those responsible for them. Since then we have gone to comparing sass to several other professional sports, shotgun targets favoring double shooters, discussing short stroked and raced up guns, talking about pizza, and now about Bud using borrowed guns to win an EOT. If our sights wander off target as much as our posts wander off topic it’s no wonder we only had 29 clean shooters this year at EOT. LOL 

Don't forget the ice cream Doc!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tennessee williams said:

I still aint ever found the chocolate soft serve. Look out ifn I do!

One upping a hillbilly, I love it.:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What yer favourite Blizzard. I'm partial to Heath.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

What yer favourite Blizzard. I'm partial to Heath.

Butterfinger or Oreo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

What yer favourite Blizzard. I'm partial to Heath.

Heath? You got to be kidding me.

 

Oreo or chocolate chip cookie dough all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Heath? You got to be kidding me.

 

Oreo or chocolate chip cookie dough all the way.

Both excellent choices for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife says that I need to lighten up. She likes Heath blizzards, too, but prefers them in the fall.

 

Her go-to is Butterfinger, but would rather pass the blizzard by for a peanut butter parfait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

My wife says that I need to lighten up. She likes Heath blizzards, too, but prefers them in the fall.

 

Her go-to is Butterfinger, but would rather pass the blizzard by for a peanut butter parfait.

Butterfinger is my wife's favourite too!!

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#1:   HEATH Blizzard

#2:   Butterfinger Blizzard

 

..........Widder

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody ever try a Freddie’s concrete turtle? Next to DQ Blizzards they’re hard to beat, just sayin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Anybody ever try a Freddie’s concrete turtle? Next to DQ Blizzards they’re hard to beat, just sayin.

It's hard for me to trust anything by the name Freddie... But my therapist is working with me on it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bunch of amateurs! Banana split with caramel on each outside and pineapple in the middle is by far the best. Plus it's healthy, its got a nanner in it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got a secret for you ice cream aficionados  ( big word I know but bear with me) coming home from EOT on Sunday ( we are talking about EOT stages, right) traveling through eastern Arizona on I 40 there were signs about Chief Indian trading post and soft serve ice cream. One sign in particular caught my attention because in true Trump speak the sign said Make Chief Great Again so when the exit loomed I asked my two traveling companions, Nick The Kid and Hay Kid if they’d like an ice cream cone and they answered in the affirmative (yes). So we pulled into the crowded, tourist filled parking lot and the two Kids went and procured soft serve ice cream cones that were outstanding ( very good). May have been the best soft serve ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I’ve got a secret for you ice cream aficionados  ( big word I know but bear with me) coming home from EOT on Sunday ( we are talking about EOT stages, right) traveling through eastern Arizona on I 40 there were signs about Chief Indian trading post and soft serve ice cream. One sign in particular caught my attention because in true Trump speak the sign said Make Chief Great Again so when the exit loomed I asked my two traveling companions, Nick The Kid and Hay Kid if they’d like an ice cream cone and they answered in the affirmative (yes). So we pulled into the crowded, tourist filled parking lot and the two Kids went and procured soft serve ice cream cones that were outstanding ( very good). May have been the best soft serve ever.

 

If you ever find yourself in East Tennessee/Great Smoky Mountains drive over to a place called Cades Cove and stop at the campground store. Best soft serve I've EVER had AND they have chocolate :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Hold on back the horses up. I thought this thread was about the best ice cream DQ had. If we're talking out of all of the franchises it's got to be raspberry concrete from Andy's. 

   Aside from that Purly has a goldmine livin with him. Two Step makes herownself some mighty good ice cream too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

If you ever find yourself in East Tennessee/Great Smoky Mountains drive over to a place called Cades Cove and stop at the campground store. Best soft serve I've EVER had AND they have chocolate :D

 

If everybody at EOT would share their favorite pizza and ice cream places, nationwide, and publish them in an Atlas, I bet SASS could make a fundraiser off of selling it.  Maybe even get sponsorships. 

 

I always thought about setting up a mobile ice cream truck to sell really good ice cream along the roadway shoulders out at Four Corners, west of Barstow, California.  Two major highways, 58 and 395, cross there and the intersection is just a stop light, so on weekends cars and trucks pile up all day long in stop-go traffic  literally for miles in all four directions.  It can take over an hour to clear that intersection.

In the summer, the temperature often exceeds  110 F in that section of Mojave Desert.  It would be a definite but seasonal money maker--if I didn't eat all the ice cream myself.  A definite liability.  

Edited by Dusty Devil Dale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

If everybody at EOT would share their favorite pizza and ice cream places, nationwide, and publish them in an Atlas, I bet SASS could make a fundraiser off of selling it.  Maybe even get sponsorships. 

 

I always thought about setting up a mobile ice cream truck to sell really good ice cream along the roadway shoulders out at Four Corners, west of Barstow, California.  Two major highways, 58 and 395, cross there and the intersection is just a stop light, so on weekends cars and trucks pile up all day long in stop-go traffic  literally for miles in all four directions.  It can take over an hour to clear that intersection.

In the summer, the temperature often exceeds  110 F in that section of Mojave Desert.  It would be a definite but seasonal money maker--if I didn't eat all the ice cream myself.  A definite liability.  

Yer talkin virtual ice cream and the rest of us are talking real honest ice cream, kinda like talkin about how stages should have been to please everybody, but in fact they were a bit different than expected about like finding very good soft serve in the middle of a Indian reservation in the wilds of Arizona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Butterfinger is my wife's favourite too!!

 

:lol:

Probably another sign that our wives are better than we are

 

:wub:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

   Hold on back the horses up. I thought this thread was about the best ice cream DQ had. If we're talking out of all of the franchises it's got to be raspberry concrete from Andy's. 

   Aside from that Purly has a goldmine livin with him. Two Step makes herownself some mighty good ice cream too. 

If we are taking a road trip, let's go to Ted Drewes for some frozen custard (and arguably the precursor to the blizzard treat)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the DQ Blizzards, Oreo's for me thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

If we are taking a road trip, let's go to Ted Drewes for some frozen custard (and arguably the precursor to the blizzard treat)

Is frozen custard ice cream? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Chocolate soft serve in a waffle cone, I’m a fan.

Had a waffle cone with soft serve swirl every day after finished shooting for the day from the food vendor on the north end at EOT. My match sucked, the soft serve was :wub:

 

PS... they even had dipped cones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Captain Clark said:

Had a waffle cone with soft serve swirl every day after finished shooting for the day from the food vendor on the north end at EOT. My match sucked, the soft serve was :wub:

 

PS... they even had dipped cones!

Hope you washed the lead off your hands first, or only handled it by a nakpin.   Every little bit adds up. 

Edited by Dusty Devil Dale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Captain Clark said:

Had a waffle cone with soft serve swirl every day after finished shooting for the day from the food vendor on the north end at EOT. My match sucked, the soft serve was :wub:

 

PS... they even had dipped cones!

They brought me up some of that soft serve and it was great. Didn’t get the waffle cone because of that long trek up the hill, I guess. They turned out a good root beer float too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're in certain parts of the Southeast, drop in at Bruster's.  Hand dipped and lightyears better than ANY soft serve!! Waffle cones too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.