Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Colt Faro, SASS #54579

A Perfect Match

Recommended Posts

Rarely does everything go exactly the way you want it to but sometimes the planets align. 

This is a compilation video of Matt Black shooting the California State Match in 2017. 

12 stage wins 

Total time over 12 stages 153.72

average time per stage 12.81

That works out to less than 2 minutes and 34 seconds shooting time for the match. 

It doesn’t seem like he got his monies worth. Lol

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I blinked and had to go back and replay a stage..... ;)

 

One other thought..... its a good thing his TO was getting paid by the hour..... :lol:

 

Good videos.   Thanks for posting.

 

Keep em smoking, Matt.

 

..........Widder

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I blinked and had to go back and replay a stage..... ;)

 

One other thought..... its a good thing his TO was getting paid by the hour..... :lol:

 

Good videos.   Thanks for posting.

 

Keep em smoking, Matt.

 

..........Widder

 

I’m glad you liked them. I haven’t put any of his videos on the wire in a long time and I hope this wasn’t a mistake this time. Lol. Have a good one Widder! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can a proud father letting others watch an exceptional shooter/young man doing his thing be any kind of mistake?

Love seeing what is possible and would be very interested in what he is doing these days as far as training/practicing to stay in the upper reaches of the stratosphere.

Regards

 

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

 

Gateway Kid

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks just as fast in person.

 

The 135.78, 10 stage match at Cassalong Hopidy’s Florida State Championship, was a pleasure to watch.

 

See Ya at Georgia State.

 

Fast Eddie 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well he's gonna need a perfect match at Landrun, tell him I'm Comin and Hells Comin with me.

Edited by Hells Comin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fast Eddie said:

Looks just as fast in person.

 

The 135.78, 10 stage match at Cassalong Hopidy’s Florida State Championship, was a pleasure to watch.

 

See Ya at Georgia State.

 

Fast Eddie 

 

 

I’m looking forward to seeing you there Eddie! We are excited to shoot your match! Thank you for getting us in. 

We had a blast shooting with you in Florida. What a great match with fantastic people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Well he's gonna need a perfect match at Landrun, tell him I'm Comin and Hells Comin with me.

Bring it on Phil! Lol. Looking forward to seeing you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

How can a proud father letting others watch an exceptional shooter/young man doing his thing be any kind of mistake?

Love seeing what is possible and would be very interested in what he is doing these days as far as training/practicing to stay in the upper reaches of the stratosphere.

Regards

 

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

 

Gateway Kid

The kid stays pretty busy with all he has going on in his life right now. He ramps up his shooting and practice about this time of year to get ready for EOT. More live fire than dry fire now but we still don’t shoot every weekend. We do what we can though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It looks even better in real life...…….lol. Good seeing y'all at FLA. 

Edited by Cowboy Junky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not only smooth and fast, but he handles it like a true Champion. He is humble and a pleasure to be around and will help anyone. Colt you have a right to be a proud father. Will see you and Matt at Landrun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care who you are, what gender, race or political persuasion...….what state you're from...…..whether your from the north, south, east or west....that's an absolutely amazing exposition of shooting. First and foremost, congratulations to Matt.

 

PS Kudos to the armorer who keeps the firearms in tiptop condition.

 

Hasta Luego, Keystone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

The kid stays pretty busy with all he has going on in his life right now. He ramps up his shooting and practice about this time of year to get ready for EOT. More live fire than dry fire now but we still don’t shoot every weekend. We do what we can though. 

 

I knew there was something that Matt and I had in common..... I don't shoot every weekend either.

 

:lol::lol:

 

..........Widder

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Well he's gonna need a perfect match at Landrun, tell him I'm Comin and Hells Comin with me.

 

Hells Comin,

You might want to also worry about Red Knee.    He's gunning for you..... :D

 

..........Widder

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the video had been sped up until I started looking at everyone in the picture.  That's very impressive.  Very smooth with no wasted movement or fumbling.   I saw where Matt Black won the Florida State match by over 30 seconds.  Considering the competition that was there, that's really impressive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I know when I've seen a phenom--Matt Black is the real deal.  And his talent didn't fall far from the tree--his father is a whirlwind on a stage!  See you at the Georgia State Match in a few weeks, gents.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arcadia Outlaw SASS#71385 said:

Super smooth shooter & fun to watch, not real fun to go against in the shoot off though lol

 

AO

I know what you mean. I get my butt kicked in a regular basis by him. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

I guess I know when I've seen a phenom--Matt Black is the real deal.  And his talent didn't fall far from the tree--his father is a whirlwind on a stage!  See you at the Georgia State Match in a few weeks, gents.

So very kind of you to say my friend! We are looking forward to the Georgia match! See ya there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beaver john said:

He is not only smooth and fast, but he handles it like a true Champion. He is humble and a pleasure to be around and will help anyone. Colt you have a right to be a proud father. Will see you and Matt at Landrun.

Thank you very much John! We look forward to seeing you at Landrun! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I thought the video had been sped up until I started looking at everyone in the picture.  That's very impressive.  Very smooth with no wasted movement or fumbling.   I saw where Matt Black won the Florida State match by over 30 seconds.  Considering the competition that was there, that's really impressive.

Thank you very much! Florida State Match was lots of fun! Great stages, people and just everything. We highly recommend this match!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing the videos Colt!  That is impressive.  Say hello to Matt for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

Bring it on Phil! Lol. Looking forward to seeing you! 

No worry Colt..Phil probably picked up some bad habits on his "tour" in Texas. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never get tired of seeing him shoot. I've always wondered how I could shave off 10 seconds from my current times to get within his range. Just look at those transitions! Flawless.

 

You guys need to make your way up to Minnesota for Gunsmoke one of these times!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

No worry Colt..Phil probably picked up some bad habits on his "tour" in Texas. :D

Phil’s Comin has always got game! Lol. Looking forward to seeing you all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jess Nicktem, SASS #47284 said:

I never get tired of seeing him shoot. I've always wondered how I could shave off 10 seconds from my current times to get within his range. Just look at those transitions! Flawless.

 

You guys need to make your way up to Minnesota for Gunsmoke one of these times!

We have wanted to shoot Gunsmoke for a long time. We are gonna try to make that happen this year. We will be at Range War in Michigan this year too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

We have wanted to shoot Gunsmoke for a long time. We are gonna try to make that happen this year. We will be at Range War in Michigan this year too. 

 

I hope you can make it. It would be great to finally meet the two of you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

Matt Black vs Arcadia Outlaw. 

 

 

WOW!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone will like watching that but Arcadia (who knocked me out prior to that)………..lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

I’m looking forward to seeing you there Eddie! We are excited to shoot your match! Thank you for getting us in. 

We had a blast shooting with you in Florida. What a great match with fantastic people. 

That was an awesome performance by any standard, I'm looking forward to seeing you and Matt at the GA State match too!!!!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Everyone will like watching that but Arcadia (who knocked me out prior to that)………..lol

I stayed out of the mix that time. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

That was an awesome performance by any standard, I'm looking forward to seeing you and Matt at the GA State match too!!!!

 

Awesome we will see you there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

I tried shooting that fast in my dreams last night and fall out of bed and hit my head .Sitting on the floor I said to myself I almost beat him maybe next time. :D :FlagAm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fine shooting! 

Question:  I watched the fourth stage a half dozen times.  Is it me, or were there six shots from the first pistol?  It goes so fast, I really can't tell for sure.  Anyone? 

Possibly interference from another nearby stage.  

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.