SASS Wire Forum

Rock Island 1911 in 22 magnum

Trigger Mike

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

the local store advertised it for 499.  i went to look at it and they said since they are selling for 700 on gun broker he listed it there and was packed up and not for sale locally.  guess i'll wait.

If he advertised he should sell it for that.

Howdy,

Ruger found the 10/22 didn't work very well in the magnum version.

Years back a friend had a 22 mag pistol. It jammed a lot and sold it at

a gun show.  He wouldn't sell it to me because he wanted to stay friends.

You may have better luck but Id bet against it.

If the seller will give you a money back garuntee  maybe try it.

Get it in writing, notarized.  OR  try a revolver.

ymmv.

Best

CR

8 hours ago, Grass Range #51406 said:

Had a AMT as did some of my friends in .22 Mag. None could be made to work

Still have mine. down to one magazine but still a fun gun to shoot.

Has an unusual form of delay to the action. 3 rows of concentric rings in the chamber hold the case momentarily and when the pressure drops the expended case is able to be ejected. Those holes must be kept pretty much spotless but when clean they work nicely.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

My dad has a kel tec in 22mag. It's a blast to shoot and accurate.  My wife carrys a 22 mag derringer every day... safe to say we like the round

Howdy,

According to Rifleman the 1911 has been offered in 12 calibers.

and it wasn't even going to be a .45 until the army insisted.

I believe it was supposed to be a very hot 9mm cartridge

Shoot a 1911 in 9mm Luger....wonderful.

NOTE: 22 mag is fine with me. One of my favorite revolvers has a mag cyl.

Show me a 22 mag auto that will shoot a couple hundred rounds without jamming.

Best

CR

2 hours ago, BLACKFOOT SASS #11947 said:

In my opinion that is NOT a 1911,  some may call it that but it is far from it!:P

Blackfoot

Exactly It only has a couple of parts that are interchangeable with any other 1911

18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If he advertised he should sell it for that.

Not sure of current law. If he advertised it and didn’t put a date or some type of disclaimer then legally he has to sell it at that stated price. I had a sales flyer many years ago for a new trolling motor for $79. When I got to Walmart. They said the item listed was a mistake. It happened to be the top of the line at $399. I went home with that trolling motor for $79. 

The RIA 1911 style 22 Magnum gets some good reliability reviews. I always do searches on guns using the words "reliable" or "reliability" instead of "reviews". Any pinhead can give a good "review" when their bread is buttered for them to do so.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rock+island+xt+22+magnum+reliability&rlz=1CASMAI_enUS724US724&ei=3xh_WtqLAYvHjwSkrYu4BA&start=0&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=629

Dang it once again I gonna have to agree w/Lumpy----(getting to be a habit)----any type o .22 cartridge has gone sky high $$$ wise & hard to get hold of-----got a little Davis .22 mag derringer----haven't seen .22 mag cartgs in stores in yrs.----the few I got stay in it when its in my pocket-------plinking & playing my little baby Vaqueros in .32 mag & my reloads--lot less $$ for play time!!

i currently sometimes carry a 1911-22 when on my tractor unless i carry the Governor, but thought 22 mag in the same holster and more rounds would seem better, IF it is reliable.  i sorta felt the dealer had a right to seek more profit but i also felt that since some of his toys followed me home over the time he opened a year ago, then surely some sort of loyalty would kick in.  i bet a used one comes up soon.  used 22s in a 1911 format usually go cheap.

.22 Magnum near me is very plentiful. I buy it for my grandson and his H&R 22 Convertible 686.

Funny thing is I know where there are several Kel-Tec PMR-30s for sale as well. Last year you couldn’t find them anywhere except on-line auctions.

I'll admit I never shot a .22 mag handgun much, but have shot a few revolvers. I was never impressed with it from a handgun. A rifle is another matter, it's surprisingly powerful for it's size. In a handgun it just seemed like a really loud and expensive .22. Had a Marlin bolt rifle when I was in high school, sold it when I started reloading. I could load .22/250 for the same or less money (40 years ago!)

My 2 cents (if that).

JHC

On 2/8/2018 at 9:54 PM, Trigger Mike said:

just saw this advertised.  Does anyone have any experience with one or at least with a semi auto in 22 magnum?  does it feed well?  

I've heard Rock River has a good reputation as a maker, however I have not and will not see their 1911 style 22. Magnum since it is now verboten in CT to buy a magazine that holds more the 10 rounds.  Too bad, it seems like an interesting gun.

Archived